PDA

View Full Version : Apartment vs Guesthouse

Smiles
July 21st, 2007, 23:07
" .... Im thinking the benefits of a guesthouse vs a apartment for a stay of a bit over a month .... "
. . . in 2012!! :geek: :geek: :geek: ( From WD40 in another thread, real close: " ... There are 2 things i am preparing for before my next trip to Thailand in 2012 ... " ).

Cheers ...

July 22nd, 2007, 00:00
Im thinking the benefits of a guesthouse vs a apartment for a stay of a bit over a month.

Im thinking if you stayed in a apartment ,do they supply the bed linen? Towels?
The washing of the bed sheets and towels if staying in a apartment is a added expenses plus water,electricity not to mention making the bed which i hate doing,so im weighing up the alternative of a small hotel that changes your bed sheets most days if not every day and supplies fresh towels as well as all utility bills included.

I suppose the advantages of a apartment can include a stove and sink,if you prefer to do your own cooking.
Do you prefer a apartment rental for your stay or a hotel/guesthouse?

Why not give serviced apartment a try? Iit gives you more freedom and can also save you lot's of money.

All of our apartments usually include the following: complete european kitchen, king size bed, dining area, TV with premium channels, DVD player, Safe, Stereo system, AC, Fan, Microwave and a large community pool.

Our daily/weekly/monthly room rates usually includes: Utilities (electric and water), weekly cleaning, weekly changes of towels and bed linens.

Hope the above answers some of your questions about serviced apartment. You can check my website for more info: www.asian-escapes.com (http://www.asian-escapes.com)

Marsilius
July 22nd, 2007, 02:53
I have stayed in one of maipenrai's apartments (in View Talay 5) and can definitely vouch for the high standards.

July 22nd, 2007, 16:06
i have often stayed at yensabai. I usually book through pattaya-rent-a-room who have a large selection. all inclusive price good value.Location is excellent . the pool is good. maid service is once a week but you can negotiate more frequently.

jimnbkk
July 23rd, 2007, 08:52
If you want to stay in Jomtien, I recommend looking at : http://www.viewtalay.net/. I've stayed in their apartments many times and, although they're not luxurious, they're perfectly satisfactory for me (a two-three star kind of guy). They change the linens and clean periodically (can't remember - once a week I think). I usually prefer to stay at View Talay Condo building A because it's just a short walk out to Thraphraya Road, and it's directly across the street from Jomtien Complex.

check them out.

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 23rd, 2007, 10:11
It's about time you threw a gala cocktail party for all of us who have put up with your madness
wx40afp. ( although the ballroom of a hotel would probably be needed)

Plenty of View Tallay condos available but again..Mosaik apartments
http://www.mosaikpattaya.com/

close to Sunnee Plaza for you wx40afp as I know you like the Corner Bar. They supply linen and maid service and have small kitchenettes so you can whip up a pavlova, TV aircon etc and a discreet entrance.

July 23rd, 2007, 15:05
DELETED

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 23rd, 2007, 15:12
just remember to budget for it..and always remember to turn your vibrator off before you pass out.

July 23rd, 2007, 18:41
Yes thankyou Lunchtimebooze, and thankyou to maipenrai for your pvt messages.
I certainly am looking forward to my trip in 2012 .
I am wondering how much the average electricity and water costs that will be added on when taking a apartment that doesnt have this cost included?

You're welcome Wx40 - most owners charge 29 baht/cubic meter of water and 6 baht/kilowatt unit for electricity. For a studio aparment, your average monthly water usage will probably be about 250 baht and electric usage anywhere between 1000 to 3000 baht depending mostly on your AC usage.

However I'm not sure if the above rates will still be good in 2012 :blackeye: