PDA

View Full Version : heat rash

Dick
July 21st, 2007, 21:31
For the benefit of others...

I once got an itchy red soreness under the armpits which appeared after a few swims in a hotel pool. But I was also using a new deodorant which was beginning to cause some irritation, so I don't know whether it was an allergic reaction to the deodorant, or some fungi infection from the water, or both. The irritation hadn't appeared anywhere else on my body, so it made me think the deodorant had broken down the skin's natural defences and that is where the fungi from the water took hold. It did take a while and 4 visits to my UK doctor before we diagnosed the problem and the right cream to 'cure' it. So now I always travel with an anitfungal+anti-inflamatory cream - available in Thailand as 'Myda-B'. It contains Clotrimazole and an equivalent to Betamethasone.

You can buy it in the drug store on the ground floor of the Silom Centre - that's the shopping complex adjacent to Sala Daeng Skytrain station in Silom Road Bangkok. 72 Baht for a 15g tube. You may not find it in all Thai drug stores especially those prim and proper about prescriptions, but doubtless it will be found with a little determination. It comes in a blue and white cardboard outer.

In the UK the same ingredients are sold under the brand name 'Lotriderm' manufactured by Schering-Plough Labo NV Belgium and distributed in the UK by Dominion Pharma Ltd. It is only available on prescription. It carries a retail price around ┬г18.00.

The leaflet in the Lotriderm packaging describes Betamethasone as a topical corticosteroid used on the surface of the skin to reduce the redness and itchiness caused by certain skin problems, and Clotrimazole is described as a topical antifungal medicine used to tread some fungal infections of the skin.

It's worth making a note of this cream... its Magic Stuff! The cream provided instant relief and cleared it all up in a couple of days. One day you might catch some skin irritant like this yourself so if you can remember or refer to the name of this stuff you'll save yourself a lot of unpleasantness.

July 21st, 2007, 23:25
Five years preparation for your next trip to LOS should most certainly be enough time to find a prevention for this problem!

jinks
July 22nd, 2007, 01:59
Five years preparation for your next trip to LOS should most certainly be enough time to find a prevention for this problem!

It also give the rest of us the same time to book elsewhere.

Thai_Faen-old
July 22nd, 2007, 03:38
Latest study has shown that Vitamin C has no beneficial effect on the flu, study was done on those that had taken Vitamin C before they got the flu and those that didn't take any supplement and the difference in duration of having the flu was one day, so if you want to take Vitamin C for two years to cut down on your chance of catching the flu then you are wasting your time and money.

Thai_Faen :bounce:

Smiles
July 22nd, 2007, 09:18
" ... Latest study has shown that Vitamin C has no beneficial effect on the flu, study was done on those that had taken Vitamin C before they got the flu and those that didn't take any supplement and the difference in duration of having the flu was one day, so if you want to take Vitamin C for two years to cut down on your chance of catching the flu then you are wasting your time and money.
Thai_Faen ... " :bounce:
Thai_Faen, you have responded to wx40afp in a decent and trusting manner. But ... with only 2 posts under your belt I'd just like to inform you of the 'status' of wx40afp on this Board.
He/she (not 100% sure of his sexual possibilities) is a message board Troll ... no more, no less. He has been to Thailand probably a grand total of once in the years he has been posting on gay Thailand message boards. He has been banned from Sawatdee at least once before (then reinstated as an loveable "oddity" and Board Mascot), and he is banned outright from at least one other message board I'm aware of. Nothing he writes is truthful, sincere, knowledgeable, or to be trusted in any way, shape, or form. Everything is bullshit.

Having said that, personally I kind of enjoy the fat prick in a strange way. His presense has a certain welcome comic relief. But please, don't be fooled . . .

. . . . as a quintessential Troll, he posts topics ~ like this one ~ out of a desire to get a response ... any response. That is the only reason Trolls post on Boards, to put others on, to engage the naive, to gather inner energy from having 'regulars' freak out about his goadings. And he succeeds almost every time. In fact, he is succeeding just from this explanation.

The one & only antidote to a Troll is to ignore them. Nothing else works, nothing else has an affect.

Cheers ...

PS . . . you can take this post with any numbers of grains of salt you wish.

July 22nd, 2007, 10:21
I dont think it is the flu you are getting. I used to have the same problem and in the end I put it down to the air conditioning. Most of them are rarely cleaned and must be a storehouse of bacteria. I should imagine many of those in the hotels fall into that category. In my condo I changed my old type for a newer LG model which zaps the bacteria and these days I rarely get what I originally thought was flu.

Thai_Faen-old
July 22nd, 2007, 16:29
Cheers Smiles your points have been noted and taken on board, my comments still stand to the users on here that think Vitamin C is going to help them get over a flu.

Thai_Faen :bounce:

July 22nd, 2007, 18:05
DELETED

July 22nd, 2007, 19:00
DELETED

July 22nd, 2007, 22:56
Perhaps if you didn't dance nude (chickendance) on the beach at night or bare back the boys in a cold a/c room every night you wouldn't catch the flu. Actually i think I saw you at Monty's around early May. You are short and bald on the top with long straggly greyish hair elsewhere. 2012 is way to early for a trip make it 2050 instead.

July 23rd, 2007, 00:07
[
Having said that, personally I kind of enjoy the fat prick in a strange way. His presense has a certain welcome comic relief. But please, don't be fooled . . .

. . . . as a quintessential Troll, he posts topics ~ like this one ~ out of a desire to get a response ... any response. That is the only reason Trolls post on Boards,

Trolls post just to gain attention? So does that explain some of your irrelevant posts which indicate that you either have far to much time on your hands or simply like to see your name on the boards? http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... tml#116071 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/midsummer-party-saturday-night-a-pr-disaster-t12293.html#116071)

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 23rd, 2007, 01:08
it's probably the clap.

What's wrong with you wx40afp ?..I thought you were an Aussie - it's just as bloody hot and humid there. Isn't that why all the men wear sun frocks and big picture hats ?

typical Australian male avoiding heat rash:
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t93/jono2007_2007/14534517.jpg