PDA

View Full Version : cafe royale

July 20th, 2007, 03:15
I have heard on the grape vine that the cafe is for sale ,true or false

July 20th, 2007, 15:27
I have heard on the grape vine that the cafe is for sale ,true or false

Everything is...............at a price!

July 20th, 2007, 20:38
You keeping something close to your chest Kev?

July 21st, 2007, 16:46
Whitedesire,

On this occasion, Yes.

Find it better not to comment for the benefit of all involved!

July 21st, 2007, 23:18
mmmmm.......best I hold off booking my accomodation there for a while!?

Thai_Faen-old
July 22nd, 2007, 00:27
Aussieal I would just go ahead and book it, if it is changing hands then the new owners might charge you more, book and get them to confirm the price.

Thai_Faen :bounce:

July 22nd, 2007, 02:35
Whitedesire,

On this occasion, Yes.

Find it better not to comment for the benefit of all involved!

You've let the cat out the bag now!

I suppose we will hear sooner or later who the new owners are.

July 22nd, 2007, 02:43
I have heard on the grape vine that the cafe is for sale ,true or falseI thought this must be a poll. My answer is - It's true that you've heard it on the grapevine.

Marsilius
July 22nd, 2007, 02:49
I hope that the new owners - if there are to be any - immediately ditch the utterly stupid looking outfits worn by the Cafe Royale waiters.

Dick
July 22nd, 2007, 04:57
Where is LMTU when you need him?

July 22nd, 2007, 17:49
DELETED

July 22nd, 2007, 22:20
Perhaps he is lying low?Or just lying?

July 23rd, 2007, 00:48
I had to wipe my eyes a couple of times when I checked the dates on the posts.
Didn't we go thru this a year or so ago? :confused2:

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 23rd, 2007, 01:04
everything and everyone in Thailand is for sale at the right price and that includes me.

July 23rd, 2007, 15:41
Guys,

There really is nothing sinister happening at all.

Craig, who is based in the UK, where is core businesses are and Robbie, who has not been in the best of health, have said, if the right offer were to come along, they would seriously consider selling.

Neither are prepared to basically, give the premises away.

It could very well benefit the community as a whole, with the passing of Ian and various other woes,including myself, with a new fresh approach, re-vamp and bringing in and up to 2007 standards.

All ideas grown stale and become dated and it has had a very good run under its present format for many years.

Until that day arrives, it is business as usual.

Furthermore, it goes without saying, any person purchasing a gay business would be commiting suicide if they were not prepared to honour all bookings and contracts.

We usual state that as part of a sale anyway.

July 27th, 2007, 05:39
... next to Tui's yet. A few weeks ago it was up for sale at around 4-5 million wasn't it?

bing
July 27th, 2007, 07:15
I usually pass over the comments of venerated forum members with grain of salt, but Marsillius, my dear, you must be out of your mind to want to change the outfits worn by the waiters at CR. When I stayed at the Ambiance I used to walk across the street to CR for breakfast just to observe the buns of the waiters. Nuf said.

lonelywombat
July 27th, 2007, 07:40
I usually pass over the comments of venerated forum members with grain of salt, but Marsillius, my dear, you must be out of your mind to want to change the outfits worn by the waiters at CR. When I stayed at the Ambiance I used to walk across the street to CR for breakfast just to observe the buns of the waiters. Nuf said.

So did I, 15 years ago but the same waiters and same shorts looks a bit tired

catawampuscat
July 27th, 2007, 13:42
wombie makes a good point.
The same mind set of loyalty to the boys extends to show bars and what was
entertainment 15 years and 15 kilos ago, is now hopelessly dated and well past retirement age.

Every show bar in Pattaya seems to do the same thing and you can easily find the same dancers, the same
drag divas even if your last trip was 10 years ago.
I guess it is loyalty or maybe laziness as they know the same old routines and can do the show sleeping.
Also since the shows are aimed at the once in a lifetime to Pattaya hetero tourists and not the ex-pats who tire
of the same-same shows and proformers year after year. :cat:

every thing seems to be coming up drag today. It must be those damn hormone pills.......

jinks
July 27th, 2007, 17:54
Every show bar in Pattaya seems to do the same thing and you can easily find the same dancers, the same drag divas even if your last trip was 10 years ago.

AND the same customers, save the few who have passed on to a better bar.

Thai_Faen-old
July 27th, 2007, 18:00
Every show bar in Pattaya seems to do the same thing and you can easily find the same dancers, the same drag divas even if your last trip was 10 years ago.

AND the same customers, save the few who have passed on to a better bar.

If most on here have been going or living in Thailand for over 10 years then I must be considered new as only been going to Thailand for a few years, saying that I have been 5 times in I suppose a short period. As for the entertainment in Pattaya, I am not into dressing up in drag myself but love the drag divas shows.

July 27th, 2007, 20:58
As for the entertainment in Pattaya, I am not into dressing up in drag myself but love the drag divas shows.

Next time you are in Pattaya try the Alcazar or Tiffany shows (IMHO Alcazar the better). I know they are not 'gay' or even Diva but if you want drag, they do it the best. :geek:

Thai_Faen-old
July 27th, 2007, 21:29
As for the entertainment in Pattaya, I am not into dressing up in drag myself but love the drag divas shows.

Next time you are in Pattaya try the Alcazar or Tiffany shows (IMHO Alcazar the better). I know they are not 'gay' or even Diva but if you want drag, they do it the best. :geek:

Cheers Buaseng I will try and pay them a visit next time.

bao-bao
July 27th, 2007, 21:52

For the benefit of members who haven't "been there, seen that"...

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/albumpics/2108.jpg

PinkSilom
July 27th, 2007, 22:43
I think it's quite undignified to dress the staff up in those shorts. They are not teenagers anymore. Many of these guys are older than the customers. They should be given the choice to wear long pants.

Smiles
July 28th, 2007, 00:25
That length of short is so 70's. As the Emperor said to Mozart " ... too much leg ... " ( on the other hand, wasn't it May West, ~ or Edith ... so easy to mix up ~ who said, " ... can one HAVE too much leg...?" )
Germans still wear these kind of shorts to the beach (and much, much worse) ... lost yer white ball?, just saunter up to a splayed-leg ex-SS umbrella-hugger ... it'll be found there nestled in over-hanging full view. And Brad the Impala wore them cruising around Pattaya in the early 80's (??).

But quite right . . . Cafe Royale desperately needs to get it's shorts together.

Cheers ...

July 28th, 2007, 02:01
I think it's quite undignified to dress the staff up in those shorts. They are not teenagers anymore. Many of these guys are older than the customers. They should be given the choice to wear long pants.Tui on the right is 38 not many would look that good at his age.Mac on the left i dont know,but he is sure starting to age

PinkSilom
July 28th, 2007, 02:38
Please don't think I was making reference specifically to the guys in the photo. In fact, they look younger than some of the staff I've seen squeezed into those shorts. Perhaps they could allow the 'boys' over thirty-five to wear long pants, or something like that.

bing
July 28th, 2007, 03:06
Good on you for posting the pic. Nuf said, They do much better with tips wearing those white shorts from Classic Tailors
by Royal Garden. Each waiter has the white shorts made to order so the fit is perfect. Perhaps that is why they catch ones eye so easily. Anyone wishing to get a nice silk or cotton shirt made to order, I can let you know they do wonderful work at Classic Tailors. (Oh Yes, I must mention I do not have any financial tie to Classic Tailors.)

July 28th, 2007, 14:36
"Tui on the right is 38 not many would look that good at his age.Mac on the left i dont know,but he is sure starting to age" (damien).

Tui and Mac started at LCR when the same age as young men most posters lust after. Tui has recently moved on to other pastures, something he has been planning for a few years now. Hopefully, his long wait to implement new plans will pan out well. Mac, who has one sister working at LCR on cleaning staff and 2 older brothers in management at Panorama, used to be quite handsome - but the late night binges - late night after late night, month after month, year after year - have caught up with him and Noom. Tor - an off and on again waiter at LCR for several years is once again off to other things.

Pink was the color of favor and choice of Ian Read. Tolerable while he was in residence - but clearly too much pink on Soi 3. The Pink in the Ambiance Hotel signs can also go - in my opinion.

July 29th, 2007, 07:51
wouldnt it be better if somebody younger bought it? they owners seem to snuff it very quickly or become ill. its very convenient. :newb: pmsl

July 29th, 2007, 10:12
That length of short is so 70's ...

Yes, and it brings back a lot of fond memories.....sigh