PDA

View Full Version : Guinness Nine-Ball Tournament

x in pattaya
July 15th, 2007, 20:34
This will probably get moved, but I'll give it a try...

Anyone else HERE IN THAILAND watch the Guinness Nine Ball Tournament broadcast on Star Sports to everyone IN THAILAND?

During the final match played in Singapore today (but broadcast here in THAILAND), one of the announcers completely out of the blue says:

I have to tell you Bob, he [Yang Ching Shun from Taipei] seems rather effeminate.

Bob, the other announcer, didn't respond. Probably visions of sponsors' reactions running through his mind.

I suppose it wasn't specifically homophobic, but it's hard to imagine what else he was trying to imply. I suppose if he said the guy look rather Jewish or that he looked rather handicapped, all hell would have erupted.

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 15th, 2007, 23:36
could have said he looks like a an effeminate Jewish handicap..

( speaking of which ..Mrs O'Booze has just walked in..she's anything but effeminate :banghead: )

July 16th, 2007, 03:37
X You must be a billiard player. Can anyone please advise where is a place with GOOD quality tables to play pocket pool/billiards 8 ball/9 ball in Pattaya? Need to keep my game up while there in November. I tried in April a couple places like the bar boxes next door to Hotel VC, but the tables were worn out.

x in pattaya
July 16th, 2007, 19:06
I play pool and snooker from time to time, which is not the same thing as claiming to be a pool or snooker player.
The only time I play is when my friend is in the mood. He is quite good which means I don't present much of a challenge for him.

We like the place at Mike's ( the Mike's on 2nd Rd off South Pattaya Rd near Boyztown). Walk up the stairs to the hotel lobby from 2nd Rd. Then follow the hallway west (towards Beach rd) and up a small flight of stairs. Once you reach the hotel lobby you can ask a bellboy if you're not sure where to go. There's generally a mix of Thais and farangs there and frequently I've seen farang with Thai boys.If you take off a guy for any length of time, many would probably enjoy playing pool or snooker as an alternative to sitting in a bar every night. My friend especially likes the place because some of the girls who work there he knows from home.

The tables are well-maintained. If you go in the evening, it can get crowded, but often there are only a few tables in use. Can't say how it compares to some of the newer places I've seen advertised, but it's definitely a step up from some of the bars that have one or two well-worn tables.

July 18th, 2007, 09:13
Dear X, Thanks so much for the info. Cheers