PDA

View Full Version : ENGLAND AND FRANCE FINISHED

July 15th, 2007, 17:42
...what a relief! I thought the rest of this post was going to read "knitting the Bayeaux Tapestry".

As was explained on this week's Now Show (available on the Radio 4 BBC web-site), France and England are enjoying a new entente cordiale (not a drink, William) following last week's annexation of Londres by the French during the start of the Tour de France. As we speak, French flags drape Londres' branches of Evans the Bike (suspected of being a subversive cover being staffed entirely by youthful Australians and South Africans). The Welsh were always this fond of the English.

This annexation suits both the Southern English who have taken to growing first class wines and sipping coffee on the pavement and the Northern English who always thought the Southerners were some kind of foreigner anyway.

Scottish Regent Gordon Brown is said to have commented "It's a' pairt o' the Auld Alliance - thae can huv Londres, if they'll tak the Queen as weel".

French sources, on hearing of the Brown position denied any intention of retaining sovreignity after the end of the Tour.

Aunty
July 15th, 2007, 19:26
It's when I read threads like this that I'm so very glad that I don't have children.

July 15th, 2007, 22:12
It's when I read threads like this that I'm so very glad that I don't have children.

I'm sure they are too.