PDA

View Full Version : IRAN the new superpower?

Wesley
July 15th, 2007, 04:16
I canтАЩt believe I agree with you but I do, if Iran is not dealt with there will be no Israel or Palatine and the wake of it will be radioactivity all over the region. If Iran gets the bomb they will surely use it and if so, it will not be contained to Israel. It will shake the whole Middle East in one way or another. If we allow it to happen or Israel allows it to happen it will be a sad day in history when they Fundamentalist will certainly use it. No Israel is a good middle east to them and who ever gets in the way of that is a target. It is good that Korea is backing down but Iran will never back down until it is made to in some fashion or another. I really don't believe economic sanctions will work. They can exist with out the West or its aide and as long as it can go on with out accountability to some other power be it the UN or NATO or Israel or USA we are in sad shape. America has taken on too much at one time and now they are incapable of acting. Iraq will certainly become a haven for the fundamentalist extremist if we pull out and Iran is doing a lot more than is being reported by the news especially CNN who is dead set against the war. I have never seen a news agency so one sided in its views as CNN and Fox goes as far the other way but it is not broadcast in CA any more so I have no idea what is the real story any more.

Wesley

July 15th, 2007, 06:05
IRAN is causing a lot of trouble ,its the backbone behind the war in IRAQ.

OK, "just the one" (Joan Sims)!

Reading this post its easy to see how that snivelling little runt Howard came to be in power.

But for the short sighted amongst us read "America is causing a lot of trouble, its the backbone behind the war in IRAQ". Who will attack them? Well due to some poor confused foreigner having trouble parking their Landie at Glasgow airport in the UK, making headline news across the planets living rooms, suddenly the whole world and its uncle claims to want a go at America, yes its hard to see why not. But in this instance it is just XW40++ being facetious Waz. However many many across the globe do in fact believe this little axis of evil is in dire need of a serious reality check.

The question I am asking, is when Blair Howard and Bush are safely ten feet under, will this make a difference? Because I fear not, their legacy is perhaps here to stay. And that has become one very very frightening prospect, its hard to see why anyone "should back down".
If we are to believe any of the dross coming out of the axis of evil it has to be that having nuclear power is in fact merely a deterrent, not so? And here Israel with its own wacko nuclear capabilities certainly comes to mind.

Uranus
July 15th, 2007, 16:12
Make love, not war!

July 15th, 2007, 19:07
Are you suggesting the Israel use its nuclear weapons against Iran or that they conduct the kind of air strike they used against Iraq years back? The current Olmert government is not in a position to take such action, either way. It is far too weak and he is far too unpopular. I never thought I would long for the days of Sharon, but it would take that kind of leader to be able to pull off such a strike and not be thrown out of power. Of course, the world will condemn Israel, as it is the only country in the world expected to live up to the Judeo-Christian moral code. But behind closed doors all over the world, there would be celebrating. Of course, it might just be easier to take out one man as a warning. Hmmm, now who would be a good candidate!

Aunty
July 15th, 2007, 19:53
Israel will not bomb Iran's nuclear facilities. It's not that stupid or unsubtle. To bomb Iran would only generate a longing need (and justification) for revenge by the Persians (that's the type of people they are), but more importantly, it would achieve nothing of the desired goal.The destruction of Iranian nuclear weapons and their bomb making capacity. The Iranians are not stupid either, they know their nuclear facilities are a target for Israeli warplanes. Consequently they are highly likely to have split up their uranium enrichment and weapons making capacity and buried it deep underground or under mountains all over what is in fact a very large country. Bombing Iran's nuclear facilities would achieve nothing other than a lasting desire to hit back at Israel with an atomic weapon.

What Israel needs to do (I'm sure it has already) is to make it very clear to Iran, through its unofficial official contacts with the Iranian government that any nuclear strike by Iran on Israel will with absolute certainty result in a massive retaliatory strike with the sole aim being the total destruction of Iran, ALL its major cities and most of its population.

Given the theocratic underpinnings of Iran, would any Mullah really dare to launch a nuclear strike against Jerusalem, the third most holy place in Islam? -Knowing that to do so would destroy it and kill many innocent Muslims.