PDA

View Full Version : Post a picture

bucknaway
July 13th, 2007, 04:51
This was taken on the "Connect" boat ride to some island when I was in Phuket.
I only took this photo because I thought the guy across from me was HOT!

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/images/4miirza.jpg

bucknaway
July 13th, 2007, 04:55
I used www.tinypic.com (http://www.tinypic.com) to host this image... I know it is too big for the board but I am on the free side and don't have the photo options/controls that you paid folk have.... :drunken:

piston10
July 13th, 2007, 05:23
WHICH guy across from you? Or am I being naive again?

Bob
July 13th, 2007, 05:27
Buck, almost every digital camera comes with some minimal editing software. All you need to do is re-size the photo and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do that.
Or go to download.com or tucows.com and get some freeware.

If you re-size it, host it on wherever, and then replace it with the humongous photo above, then guys won't want to kill you for having to use the scroll bar to see the photo (or the replies).

bucknaway
July 13th, 2007, 05:30
That photo has long been removed from my camera. It resides on my hard drive mixed in with smaller pics and bigger pics.

Just slide the window around :clown:

Buck, almost every digital camera comes with some minimal editing software. All you need to do is re-size the photo and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do that.
Or go to download.com or tucows.com and get some freeware.

If you re-size it, host it on wherever, and then replace it with the humongous photo above, then guys won't want to kill you for having to use the scroll bar to see the photo (or the replies).

bucknaway
July 13th, 2007, 05:31
The guy with the vest and blue shirt on... He was HOT!

WHICH guy across from you? Or am I being naive again?

July 13th, 2007, 06:12
Those contact lenses giving trouble in windy conditions again Buckeye,he looks just like Tony Curtis or should we say Bernie Schwartz after the cortisone has deflatined, not a pretty site before, and certainly not after.

x in pattaya
July 13th, 2007, 07:55
Maybe a bit like Jeff Chandler ( who died in 1961). Embalming fluid works wonders.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bd/JeffChandler.jpg

bao-bao
July 13th, 2007, 08:14
Have to admit, he IS kind of cute, in a way.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z56/khunbaobao/BucksBoy1.jpg

July 13th, 2007, 08:28
Do you think this person appreciates having his picture posted here?

bao-bao
July 13th, 2007, 08:42

I can't answer that one, boygeenyus. My guess is that if he has an ounce of character or class he'd be able to accept the compliment and just let it go.

After all - if a complimentary photo of you appeared on a site for women who appreciate men... would you complain? There'd be no caption saying "HE'S STRAIGHT AND I'VE HAD HIM!!"... just your image with some woman saying you were nice looking.

I'm not trying to argue with you, but there are a few reasons I don't think he -- or anyone else -- should raise a stink about his image appearing on this board:

1) The man in question (or anyone who knows him) has an extremely small chance of seeing his photo here.
2) There has been no implication that he is himself a gay man.
3) He was in a public place and therefore (in the US, at least) is "fair game" to photograph.

If he said to bucknaway at the time "please don't take my picture" or "please delete that image," THEN it would be in poor taste to post it. If he beats the 10-million-to-1 odds and sees it here and asks, it should be deleted.

If not, lighten up and enjoy it - if he's at all what you'd consider interesting looking.

July 13th, 2007, 08:45

I wonder, it looks like "Show Boat" in repose, Edna Ferber would be proud.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1383/793924000_91362e840e.jpg

atri1666
July 13th, 2007, 09:13
The guy in the white shirt is on of the regular afternoon-hustlers of aquarius-sauna. He has big banana.

July 13th, 2007, 09:59
The guy in the white shirt is on of the regular afternoon-hustlers of aquarius-sauna. He has big banana.

I think we took that one for granted, though not the size of his prick.

elephantspike
July 13th, 2007, 12:26
OK, the image in the opening post has been re-sized by me and re-hosted by me on this domain free of charge.

I'd give a tutorial on how one could re-size the image oneself before uploading, but Buck and I both know that he knows perfectly well how to do it. He is as much a techno-geek as I am. :geek:

Was the over-sized image upload an attempt to protest in a passive-aggressive sort of way my attempt to encourage folks to chip in some dough so I can make all my work here pay-off in some way? Maybe, maybe not.

At any rate, I hope Buck appreciates this. There is always a way around paying a donation or gratuity, if one is both slick and petty enough.

Congratulations. :wav:

I could always just delete over-sized images, but then I'd be the ogre. :evil3:

Wesley
July 13th, 2007, 16:24
I swear I will donate what ever you think is fair for my post here, I rarely post any pictures but did one of my bf the other day with the controls provided by the forum site, if you would like to re size that for free it would be great if not let me know and I will hit the pay pal button and send in a contribution for your time.

bucknaway
July 13th, 2007, 17:30
LOL Thanks Spike! No protest here LOL :geek:

OK, the image in the opening post has been re-sized by me and re-hosted by me on this domain free of charge.

I'd give a tutorial on how one could re-size the image oneself before uploading, but Buck and I both know that he knows perfectly well how to do it. He is as much a techno-geek as I am. :geek:

Was the over-sized image upload an attempt to protest in a passive-aggressive sort of way my attempt to encourage folks to chip in some dough so I can make all my work here pay-off in some way? Maybe, maybe not.

At any rate, I hope Buck appreciates this. There is always a way around paying a donation or gratuity, if one is both slick and petty enough.

Congratulations. :wav:

I could always just delete over-sized images, but then I'd be the ogre. :evil3:

Aunty
July 13th, 2007, 17:32
This was taken on the "Connect" boat ride to some island when I was in Phuket.
I only took this photo because I thought the guy across from me was HOT!

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/images/4miirza.jpg

As Mr Sydney would say, you all look like a bunch of hairy assed homos. Come'on, admit it! :cheers:

Bob
July 14th, 2007, 03:26
There is always a way around paying a donation or gratuity, if one is both slick and petty enough.

Speaking of being petty, Grandma Spike. Excuse me but I thought a "donation" was voluntary. Suggesting somebody might be slick or petty for not giving you a donation is as priceless as your misunderstanding of the word.
:idea:

Dick
July 14th, 2007, 03:42
Fear not Bob, Spike will have to do lots better than that!
Buck will be whistling Dixie before he parts with a donation to the Board.

July 14th, 2007, 05:19
Buck,

If you are still using XP and not Vista, you can download for FREE from microsoft.. POWERTOOLS. ONe of which is a photoresizer. It adds "resize" to your menu when you "right click" on any file name. Creates a smaller copy with a new name while preserving the original.

Smiles
July 14th, 2007, 05:49
Another really excellent photo manipulation program is 'Irfanview'. Not quite as many bells & whistles as some, but it's ease of use makes up for that, and the resizing window/option is the best (IMO). Free download at www.irfanview.com (http://www.irfanview.com)

Cheers ...

July 14th, 2007, 09:13
DELETED

July 14th, 2007, 09:18
DELETED