PDA

View Full Version : joiners fee in Pinnacle ?

DeHaro-old
July 11th, 2007, 19:16
Some time ago the discussion was about joiners fee in Pinnacle (500 baht or so)
Does anybody know about how it is handled now ???? Do you have to pay or not ?

Planning to go back in Sept./Oct. and do not really feel comfortable in Malaysia, which I tried instead in April.
Jimmy still there and still not replying ??

Thank you all

July 11th, 2007, 19:44
Recently, no joiner. They might have a joiner policy but not enforced on me. Be discreet about it.

TrongpaiExpat
July 12th, 2007, 00:38
I hear all sorts of stories about both joiner fees and Jimmy at the Pinnacle. I do know he is still there but only makes bookings by phone (66) 81 859 6585 and only call between 1000 and 1700 Thai time.

The lobby is too big and too busy to keep track of joiners. Keep your key and just walk past the desk.

I don' recommend the Malaysia if your a light sleeper, there's a huge construction project going on day and night across the street.

Take a walk down Soi Sribumphen, that's opposite the Malaysia, lots of new decent looking (from the outside anyway) guest houses.

Vincent's is a good option too but with only 7 rooms you might be out of luck.

July 12th, 2007, 01:56
No need to keep your key. If you arrive late at night with your friend, they will see you anyway.

July 12th, 2007, 03:35
Try the OM YIM. About the same price as Malaysia and much nicer. The Construcion across the street from the Malaysia is a big new hotel (which will make the already horrible traffic in this area even worse!). My BF lives near this location and it would be an OK walk to the subway IF there were any freaking sidewalks! Walking on these streets is even more dangerous than taking a motorcycle taxi LOL