PDA

View Full Version : For Those who Think Baht Bus Drivers are Bad...

February 10th, 2006, 15:56
Police: Bus driver tosses complaining rider into traffic

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania (AP) -- A transit bus driver grabbed a woman by the hair, knocked her head into a pole, opened the door and tossed her into traffic after she yelled at him for missing her stop, police said.

The 52-year-old woman, who was not identified, suffered a broken shoulder.

Bus driver Mario Edney, 53, was arraigned Thursday on aggravated assault and other charges, said Officer Jillian Russell, a police spokeswoman. He was being held on $2,000 bail.

Edney said he had to skip the woman's stop Wednesday morning because of a detour, police said.

Transit officials intend to fire Edney, who has been suspended without pay, following a hearing, said Richard Maloney, a spokesman for the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority.

February 10th, 2006, 18:30
Gosh. What a terrible country. They'd never be able to fire someone for simple self expression, here in the UK.

March 8th, 2006, 20:49
No! he would be knighted

March 10th, 2006, 11:01
Nothing quite so dramatic here in Thailand. Last night I jumped in the back of a bus baht going from Jomtien towards Pattaya only to have the driver start taking backstreets and side alleys. He then stopped the bus (I was the only one on at this stage) and asked where I wanted to go. I told him B'town and he said 100 baht. Luckily, I know the backstreets of Pattaya quite wel having been lost and found many times there now, so I told him he was a conman and to go fuck himself. Luckily, there was no traffic for him to throw me before.