PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Air Bangkok to Manchester.

July 11th, 2007, 18:13
Guys,

We have just arrived in the UK for a couple of weeks doing a little business.

We flew , for the first time with Qatar Air, in business class , at 78,000 baht each.

Absolutely outstanding, five stars for Aircraft, standards, food, staff and efficiency.

The best service I have ever received in any class and on any airline. I have flown business with Emirates, EVA, KLM, Qantas and BA. They cannot live at the side with this airline.

Seats are like pods that go all the way back to beds. Food amazing standard for aircraft food. Price is great value for money for time of year to Europe. Plane was gleaming.

Manchester Airport was a disaster.

We arrived on time approx. 0720am. Delay of one and a half hours in passport control. I Immigration officer for approximately 150 "other passport channel" although there were four servicing EU passports, still not nearly enough.

We were cleared then called back by Customs, who re checked our passports and then scanned all our luggage again through the metal detectors.

No explanation given. I don't know why

Security checks, I have no problem in our current crisis in the UK, but they could do with a little courtesy school, to say the least. I am not asking to sleep with them, just asking them to be a little civil.

I did not aggravate or speak strong as I was too tired and wanted us out of the airport with a minimum of fuss.

I am aware our people are under pressure, with the present climate, but we were all tired and a little bit of manners would have helped.

Police everywhere again with automatic weapons, in the airport, and then, just to make my day, three tailbacks and traffic jams on the M62 towards my destination.

Makes you "Proud to be British EH?"

We [ Brits ] should remember that, next time we complain about Thai Immigration! Ours is certainly no better.

July 11th, 2007, 18:22
How was the stop-over in Doha?

atri1666
July 11th, 2007, 18:47
I also can recommend Qatar-Airways. I have flown 2 times in businessclass and it was outstanding. The new terminal for premium passengers makes the stop to a good memory. Box cigarettes from 7,5тВм. Good sitting and snacks available.
Paid only 1395тВм for my ticket Athen-Bangkok and back. November the same with the same price. If you want to save money--next year january and february it is possible to fly from Istanbul to bali in business for 1210тВм with QR--same price i would pay from germany in eco.

July 12th, 2007, 16:57
How was the stop-over in Doha?

BG,

The bus met the business class passengers straight from the plane and you are taken to a different terminal, so you do not really see a great deal of Doha airport.

You are transported directly to the business lounge, our stopover time was approximately 1.5 hours.

Again, staff efficient, a warm and cold help yourself style buffet and bar.

I needed absolutely nothing, so I played an automated machine to obtain frequent flyer membership and hardback cards delivered whilst you wait.

By the time I checked my mail yesterday, the had responded by e mail, verifying membership, awarding an extra 500 bonus miles and activated your account!

When it is time for re boarding, they whisk you straight back to the plane, no messing around. It really is a hard act to follow, if you don't mind a small stopover in Doha.

All the best,

Kevin.

I am attempting today to get us to the Great Yorkshire Show,in Harrogate, for the final day, but the weather does not look great at this moment in time!

jinks
July 12th, 2007, 19:55
I've just looked at flights from this end.

Over Christmas and New year 1544 GBP business fully flexable.

I might cancel my Emirates for this kind of saving without reducing luxury.

However from what Kevin has said the luxury is better :)

July 14th, 2007, 16:39
Dear Jinks,

Believe me on this one!

I have also flown Emirates in the past and remember them well setting the standards previously, and they were good.

Then, we moved [ or a lot of us did, to EVA ]. Now flavour of the month has got to be Qatar.

Qatar, which I didn't know, has won the major awards [ service,cabin excellence,etc etc ] for the past four consecutive years!

Your bed is a space age like pod!

I, had only just switched from EVA to Etihad myself.

If I start raving about it, it's good!!

I normally don't get too excited but these standards surpass all business classes I have flown.

Even the goody bag with the toiletries, free shirts and socks/slippers they give you, is worth keeping.

Have a great flight whoever you choose.

atri1666
July 14th, 2007, 19:58
My business fully flexable ticket over christmas and new year i paid with SQ 1697тВм from IST to BKK over SIN.