PDA

View Full Version : what time does the sun set now in Pattaya?

July 10th, 2007, 01:57
just to know how many things I can plan every day before arriving in Thailand...

Dick
July 10th, 2007, 02:59
Jeffmars
I've taken the bait as an opportunity to tell you what I think.
You've gotta be a troll, and a real lazy bastard, and an imbecile. I would have suggested you don't come to Thailand, but you're probably already here under some other alias.

It doesn't take much to put in a few key words like 'sunset' and 'Pattaya' into Google get this out:
sunrise and sunset in pattaya (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=1231)

Bob
July 10th, 2007, 03:50
On most days, just before it gets dark.

Dick
July 10th, 2007, 04:12
Thank you Bob. I will try to emulate with more wit and euphemism next time.

bucknaway
July 10th, 2007, 04:21
It took some doing, but I found this site that has the sunrise / sunset times in Pattaya.
Hey, I understand how it is when your about to go to an exciting place for the first time :) Sometimes you just want to know anything and everything from the people who know the most about it. :)

Try this link.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/a ... tml?n=1231 (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=1231)

just to know how many things I can plan every day before arriving in Thailand...

Bob
July 10th, 2007, 04:51
The time the sun sets and rises (often along with moon phase information) is on most weather pages and internet sites (although we often don't notice).

What puzzles me is why Jeff wants to know when the sun sets in Pattaya (whatever the answer is for today won't be exactly accurate when he visits). Is there, perhaps, a vampire on the loose?

And, of course, I am presuming that Jeff is asking the question in the literal sense. If he meant it figuratively, I presume
BoyNotSoGenius would conclude the sun set in Pattaya many moons ago.

bucknaway
July 10th, 2007, 05:29
He could be a guy at the computer just wanting to talk about Pattaya.
He could be working hard to become a part of the board through adding posts.
He could be a guy that simply likes to chat with other guys he has something in common with.

Smiles
July 10th, 2007, 05:34
" ... He could be a guy at the computer just wanting to talk about Pattaya.
He could be working hard to become a part of the board through adding posts.
He could be a guy that simply likes to chat with other guys he has something in common with ... "
Agreed. Dick does seems rather tetchy in his post above. I can relate ... with that rager of a hangover I had yesterday.

"There's only one Troll on this Board" ~ he's a classic, and stands alone.

Cheers ...

July 10th, 2007, 07:36
Some one whit a smiles wrote :

"There's only one Troll on this Board" ~ he's a classic, and stands alone.

:sharm: :sharm: :sharm: :sharm: :sharm: :sharm: :sharm: :sharm: :sharm: :sharm: :sharm: :sharm: :sharm: :sharm: :sharm: :sharm: :sharm: :sharm: :sharm: :sharm: :sharm: :sharm: :sharm:

He's a classic , but the " She's on this board" ? :flower:

July 10th, 2007, 07:51
Dick wrote :

I will try to emulate with more wit and euphemism next time.

And you will try not to bullshit yourself. .... So, the next time someone pokes fun ! " (That would most probably be not me !!!) " , :clown: . Do not bother ! :flower:

July 10th, 2007, 19:12
and as for Dick's comment, well coming from a guy with that name it would be easy to play on the words, sorry to have disturbed you! I'm probably an imbecile, yes you certainly know better... anyway I'm not a troll but on many boards there are guys coming just to let their frustration express in anger or insulting others. This probably makes them feel better, i'm glad it helped you feel good then.

Wesley
July 11th, 2007, 21:35
It changes every day dear, it should be getting shorter now, the longest day was a few weeks ago, so from now until the summer equinox its gonna get shorter by the day you can count on that. and who said I am not a rocket scientist... :faroah:

Smiles
July 11th, 2007, 21:59
" .. It changes every day dear, it should be getting shorter now, the longest day was a few weeks ago, so from now until the summer equinox its gonna get shorter by the day you can count on that. and who said I am not a rocket scientist... :faroah: ..."
Well, me for one.

In fact the sun sets in Pattaya (very close to the equator) at pretty well the same time ever day of the year ~ give or take 45 minutes or so. And that would be on average at 6:20pm (to answer Jeffmars original question).

For Pattaya (and all of Thailand):

Sunset in 'summer' (longest day): Jun 21, 2007 5:51 AM 6:45 PM

Sunset in winter (shortest day): Dec 21, 2007 6:33 AM 5:55 PM

Very much different than in (for instance) Vancouver, Canada (very far away from the equator) where there is a huge time difference between sunsets in summer & winter ~ almost 5 hours.

Sunset in summer (longest day): Jun 21, 2007 5:07 AM 9:21 PM

Sunset in winter (shortest day): Dec 21, 2007 8:05 AM 4:16 PM

Cheers ...

Wesley
July 11th, 2007, 22:27
so thanks for proving me right, at the end of summer it begins to get longer everyday, until I guess the Equinox, I was lazy and didn't bother to look it all up but, I have been around for so many years I know in general when it starts to get longer and shorter and it takes no rocket scientist to look it up on the Internet, that is the easy way, Try to remember this shit from College. At my age that was only 32 years ago I graduated, thats a pretty damn goggle Memory isn't it. So yes I could have goggled all this but I relied on my excellent memory instead. My and you haven't had a round in a while. I think it was about 3 or 4 years ago you and I had a bit of a spiff. Since then I have made a point to stay out of your way. I will agree with some posters although, I didn't say It first that you do seem to be on the rag a lot now days. I remember a much happier smiles someone who emulated his user name. Smiles a person who makes them smile. Your posts are not Nealy what they were on Pg's Board and I have Been wondering what happened to your open hearted spirit of adventure. although all the board seems to be a bit less imaginative I never expected that of you. I guess I could get unplugged for telling you this but, you as an earlier poster said, have gotten a bit grumpy in your old age while I have remained a free spirit and party my ass off until the sun comes up ever chance I get. You need to put the old grudge away and come spend a few weeks with me. I garentee you will love these cute Asian guys here.

Smiles
July 12th, 2007, 01:02
" ... I think it was about 3 or 4 years ago you and I had a bit of a spiff ... "
Really? I don't remember that. What was it about?
I haven't changed that much. I thought you were a bit of a dip then ~ and I still think so now. C'est la vie.

Cheers ...

Wesley
July 12th, 2007, 03:56
Pray tell what the hell is a dip, I am not from Canada, We had a personal argument about a post that offended you for some reason. after that I just laid low on your end. But God the offer is good if you want to come and spend some time in CA. I have an average Soviet style apartment my office is here as well but I have Room for guests if you would like to come. But before you do please tell me what the hell a dip is. The Internet has no idea

Wixopededia says a dip is In microelectronics, a dual in-line package (DIP), sometimes called a DIL package, is an electronic device package with a rectangular housing and two parallel rows of electrical connecting pins, usually protruding from the longer sides of the package and bent downward. A DIP is usually referred to as a DIPn, where n is the total number of pins. For example, a microcircuit package with two rows of seven vertical leads would be a DIP14.

C'est la Vie: An American Conquers the City of Light, Begins a New Life, and Becomes--Zut Alors!--Almost French

So you are a pseudo-intellectual, non of that shit makes any sense to me or the web or Wixopedia, would you like to explain.BTW I am not giving you a hard time I just wanted to know why people here are saying you are Grumpy when you were never that way before, a bit sarcastic yes and I loved it. but your sarcasm has grown old to the lot who read you post. So, I am not going to comment further if you will explain both the pseudo-Intellectual remarks it would be nice or maybe I am just a dip.

x in pattaya
July 12th, 2007, 18:38
what time does the sun set now in Pattaya?

You can actually do things in Pattaya (whether or not you plan them) after the sun sets. I would imagine that some of the Pattaya regulars don't even function well in bright lights.

By the way, it's currently 18:38 and the sun is in its final throes, gleaming off the big Buddha statue at this moment.

Wesley
July 12th, 2007, 19:17
what time does the sun set now in Pattaya?

You can actually do things in Pattaya (whether or not you plan them) after the sun sets. I would imagine that some of the Pattaya regulars don't even function well in bright lights.

By the way, it's currently 18:38 and the sun is in its final throes, gleaming off the big Buddha statue at this moment.

X in Pattrya ,My you have become a nice old man in your retirement in Pattaya, I know its scary but I am beginning to like you!