PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to everybody who wished me well

allieb
July 10th, 2007, 00:20
Thanks to everybody who wished me well I had a lot of PMs as well as general posts. I spent 6 weeks in the UK fighting Ocular Myathenia with steroids under supervision of the hospital I'm glad to say that now the double vision has gone.

I came back to the Middle East last week and apart from a slight blip in so much as the change in climate from 16 Celsius in London to 49 in Saudi set the double vision off again for a couple of days. I am now under control on 40 mg of steroids every other day. The aim is to get stable for 3 months and start reducing to a maintenance level on the steroids.

I am planning to come back to LOS in Sept or Oct and would be very grate full if any of you guys out there are on steroids and could give me a little information of what side effects you get. Some do get and some don't I'm told. Is it a good Idea to come to LOS so soon and what should I be careful of. I know the doctors can advise a lot but there is nothing like first hand information from fellow steroid takers who get up to the same tricks I do

July 10th, 2007, 01:18
good to see you on the up and up!

I will be in LOS beginning october along with a few forum members. Really hope we can meet up again.

Wesley
July 10th, 2007, 01:28
Prednisone,dexatron or the most healthy of all steroids hydro-cortisone which is most like what the body makes normally is the best. I have been on them all. Predinsone will make you gain weight mostly water weight but it will blow you up like a bull frog and leave age spots and skin that bruises easily. Dexatron will blow you up and kill you by the time they got me off that I was 240 above my now 180 and could hardly walk and now I have nerve damage in the legs and skin. Hydro cortisone the one I hope they have you on is less likely to have any of these side effects, you can buy the stuff over the counter in Thailand and it cost less too. So, go on a diet now, stay away from salt and mama's cooking. The boys will not like you so big when you come back. I am off all of it now, I was diagnosed with cortisone poisoning with the dexatron and had to switch to hydro cortisone and come off slowly. Now I will probably live to be a hundred and I am back to the weight when I was 35. I am not sure which is worse the disease or the cortisone.

Which one are you on?

Wesley

allieb
July 10th, 2007, 03:34
Wesley.

I'm on Prednisolne 40 mg on alternate days. They think I will eventually settle down on a 20mg on alternate days. I am taking a stomach sparing med to stop ulcers and a calcium and fosamax preparation to protect the bones. No weight gain yet. I am watching what I eat. Prednisolone is also cheap here about $4 US for a pack of 30 X 5mg

Aunty
July 10th, 2007, 19:02
...G-D has given you sight again,on the condition you no longer jerk the gherkin,keep ya hand off it son !!! and you ll get ya sight back.

And what about your gherkin, wx40afp? Still jerkin? The baby jesus doesn't like that you know!

Wesley
July 11th, 2007, 02:49
I know all the problems associated with it and the worst lasting side effect for me has been the nerve damage to my feet and legs. They burn like fire, of course that is God punishing me for all the Thai guys I did while I was there LOL... hope you didn't pay them old folks too much mind, theys a crazy you know!