View Full Version : Hi-Speed Internet providers

July 8th, 2007, 19:57
I am not sure what is available where, but a poster on one of the boards suggested looking at CAT. They said their service was vey good and and very fast. I am using Maxnet. I am very satisfied now that I have the ??Premier?? service at about 2100 baht per month. I have a house off Third road in South Pattaya. My friend has a condo (Center Condo) and I arranged the same service for him.

I don't have a problem getting streaming video or getting movie and TV downloads from iTune or MSNBC (USA)

July 8th, 2007, 20:06
I am streaming video fine with TOT 1000 baht a month package. You can get this if you have a TOT phone line. I think it is great! Why pay more?

July 9th, 2007, 03:38
I live in Jomtien and I also am happy with TT&T's MaxNet. I pay B1000/month for the 1Mbps home package. I started with their B790/month 512K home package and upgraded a year or so ago.

When I lived in Bangkok, I had Qnet, True and KSC ADSL at various apartments, and MaxNet is no better nor worse than those. They all have their good times and bad times (especially when the international cables are cut or broken). Such is internet access in Thailand.

Depending on where your house is, you may or may not have a choice. TT&T, TOT and True are all offered in the Pattaya/Jomtien area, but not all three in all areas.

jvt22222
July 9th, 2007, 09:20
............ I am subscribed to TT&T at View Talay #1 ........... have the 256/512 version for about 840 baht per month including VAT .............. happy with it ............ if more speed is needed they have 1-2 higher priced, speedier packages .............. one TT&T feature -- if you pay for six months in advance you get a 7% discount; 12 months in advance - 15% discount .......... they have offices in CARREFOUR and on Tepprasit about two blocks up from the Thappraya intersection on the south side of the street (right hand coming from Thappraya) ............. you gotta have a TT&T land line to get their service, of course.

July 9th, 2007, 10:04
DELETED

July 9th, 2007, 10:35
I agree with John's comment -- I have been using CAT for 8 months with little or no problems. Speed is always adequate. CAT does not provide regular telephone service - only the ADSL line for internet connection. When I got it, they had a promotion - sign a 12 month contract, get 13th month free - no installation cost. However, if they have to run their line very far from their junction box, they do charge for installing the additional line (they ran my line a little over a km - fee was 2,400 baht).

July 10th, 2007, 08:59
Thanks guys...

How can I get ahold of CAT?

I always find it best to sneak up behind them and grab them by the neck. They'll be in the burlap sack and at the bottom of the lake before you can say jimminy cricket.

July 10th, 2007, 09:23
DELETED

catawampuscat
July 10th, 2007, 12:00
I have the high speed offered by TOT and get billed about 1100B. with all taxes monthly. It is okay but
somedays it disconnects multiple times and often when writing a lengthy email. Other days, it doesn't
disconnect at all but it can be annoying but I can still remember how awful my previous dial-up service was.

If you are used to the real high speed offered in the West, it will seem like you are creeping.
Let us know how it all works out...... :cat:

July 10th, 2007, 16:14
DELETED

July 10th, 2007, 17:37
I guess if money is no object you can opt for 2000 baht a month. For 500 I have tot and except for a few outages, that don't last long it is fine, even streaming. Did you really come to Thailand to sit at a computer by the way? Be careful. Soon you will be LOL. Oh my gawd

Dboy
July 11th, 2007, 04:35
I guess if money is no object you can opt for 2000 baht a month. For 500 I have tot and except for a few outages, that don't last long it is fine, even streaming. Did you really come to Thailand to sit at a computer by the way? Be careful. Soon you will be LOL. Oh my gawd

what's the speed on the 2000bt/mo service?

Dboy

July 11th, 2007, 09:13
DELETED

July 11th, 2007, 09:16
Im not ON about anything. Just gave my opinion. Lighten up, your getting annoying on the forum.

July 11th, 2007, 10:43
DELETED

July 11th, 2007, 12:07
Read your post DEAR John. You said you don't know what I'm going on ABOUT. That implies you don't like what I said. Christ I hate this board.

July 11th, 2007, 12:09
Christ I hate this board.

The feeling's mutual, DEAR.

July 11th, 2007, 18:21
Thanks. At least one person agrees with me.