PDA

View Full Version : Upholstery

July 7th, 2007, 19:49
I am looking to re-upholster some furniture. Could anyone recommend a place in Pattaya?

July 7th, 2007, 20:27
I am looking to re-upholster some furniture. Could anyone recommend a place in Pattaya?

Is this a code for something naughty? Or is this simply the number one most stultifyingly boring post ever on SGT?

July 7th, 2007, 23:13
Why BG do you feel like you have to make a smart ass remark about every post here
You must be the most negative miserable lech alive
If it is such a bad post why respond
Since it seams you dislike every thread here
Why do you keep coming back i do not think you like any body or any thing

bucknaway
July 7th, 2007, 23:18
Just ignore him.. Everyone does :cheers: He is a post leach. Nothing to offer but sucks on the life of a thread leaving a trace of his poison.

Just skip over him and enjoy the board :)

July 8th, 2007, 00:26
Since it seams you dislike every thread here

Was that pun intended? :cheers:

July 8th, 2007, 01:34
They do any kind of room maintenance work, including repair of sofa, carpets etc.

TopClean
340/66 Moo 9 New 3rd Road, Pattaya
telephone 038 422 000 or fax: 038 427 899

If they cannot make it themselves, they can provide a contact to another reliable shop for sure.

July 8th, 2007, 01:40
You must be the most negative miserable lech alive

I can neither confirm nor deny, since I have no idea what a "lech" is.

Geezer
July 8th, 2007, 02:34
Bg has earned an honored place on many ignore lists.

I can no longer find a way to add new names. When one clicks on тАЬIgnore listтАЭ a list of the ignored appears, but I can see no way to add new names.

July 8th, 2007, 03:11
Well a "lech" would presumably be a shortened version of a "lecherous man" ie. someone who thinks only of sex or has strong sexual desires (or something like that anyway)
Personally I prefer BG's opinionated rants to the inane nonsense of wx-thingy.

jvt22222
July 8th, 2007, 09:33
........... is on the east end of Tepprasit ............. from the driveway into the Mall on the corner go west in the direction toward the beach and you will immediately come upon a row of shop houses all looking relatively decrepit ............ the upholstery shop is about in the middle of this row of shophouses. One friend had an odd-sized antique Oriental bed and could not find a mattress that fit ......... they made a good one and covered it very well with good quality foam and cloth, with full length zipper ............ another had a replacement mattress made for an chaise lounge.......... both jobs were very professionally done and included delivery. Am sure they could do other furniture as well. Sorry I don't have a name for the place, but it is the only upholstery place on that strip of shophouses.

Aunty
July 8th, 2007, 17:01
Well although BG might find this topic duller than dishwater, I on the other hand are actually quite interested by it. So as a follow on question to Pattaya Male's original question, does Thailand have beautiful, particularly silk fabrics, suitable for furnishings, and where would one go to buy them?

sattahip-old
July 8th, 2007, 18:03
The Jin Thompson outlet on Sukhumvit at HomeWorks complex next to Big C is great. All the choice you could want and high quality.

jvt22222
July 9th, 2007, 09:32
............. does not do upholstering themselves, but has business cards of an upholsterer that they recommend. ...... their cloth is drop-dead gorgeous, top-of-the-line, but expensive.

Aunty
July 9th, 2007, 18:29
Thank you!

July 10th, 2007, 18:08
........... is on the east end of Tepprasit ............. from the driveway into the Mall on the corner go west in the direction toward the beach and you will immediately come upon a row of shop houses all looking relatively decrepit ............ the upholstery shop is about in the middle of this row of shophouses. One friend had an odd-sized antique Oriental bed and could not find a mattress that fit ......... they made a good one and covered it very well with good quality foam and cloth, with full length zipper ............ another had a replacement mattress made for an chaise lounge.......... both jobs were very professionally done and included delivery. Am sure they could do other furniture as well. Sorry I don't have a name for the place, but it is the only upholstery place on that strip of shophouses.

I have tried to find this place and am having difficulty. Could you please tell me if it is on the North or South side when going towards Jomtien?

Thanks

July 10th, 2007, 22:36
Could you please tell me if it is on the North or South side when going towards Jomtien?

The north and south sides of the street don't change, no matter which direction you're traveling. Dear.

jvt22222
July 11th, 2007, 08:59
It is on the south side of the street ......... same as the Tepprasit entry to Outlet Mall ...... if I had transport, I would run down and get more specific info for you, but I don't ....... if I can find a friend to give me a lift, I will .......... as a starting point use the driveway into/out of the Outlet Mall on the south side of Tepprasit .... walk west (as if toward the beach) ........I think it is about mid-way in the first group of shop houses that you come to ......... if I am wrong then it is the second row of shop houses that you come to. More as soon as I get there for you.

July 11th, 2007, 20:20
It is on the south side of the street ......... same as the Tepprasit entry to Outlet Mall ...... if I had transport, I would run down and get more specific info for you, but I don't ....... if I can find a friend to give me a lift, I will .......... as a starting point use the driveway into/out of the Outlet Mall on the south side of Tepprasit .... walk west (as if toward the beach) ........I think it is about mid-way in the first group of shop houses that you come to ......... if I am wrong then it is the second row of shop houses that you come to. More as soon as I get there for you.

Thank you. I am sure I can find it with the directions you just supplied. It is very nice of you to take all the time you have already. I will go there in the next 2 days and let you and others know what I find in case they have a need. Thanks again

July 11th, 2007, 21:01
But...but...is it on the south side of the street when you're traveling towards the beach, or away from it???

Wesley
July 11th, 2007, 21:29
Anyone who can make a thread last this long on a question that I leave to my maid has got to be a genius just as you say.

Wesley

July 12th, 2007, 18:31
I followed the directions given. If it is right it is a shop with alot of old car seats in front. They said they do chairs and sofas. 2 stores down is a curtain shop so I am not sure which one.
jvt22222 I sent you a PM to avoid more "poster shock"

x in pattaya
July 12th, 2007, 19:06
Regardless of the rabble rousers' comments, do let us know how your reupholstery efforts turn out.

I have a sofa that's about due for either cosmetic surgery or euthanasia and, unlike Wes or Helen Keller, I doubt many people would want to leave such an undertaking to their maid. I once naively told my friend to choose a shower curtain and then had to live for months with a sea of multi-colored cartoon-esque fish staring at me whenever I visited the loo.

jvt22222
July 13th, 2007, 12:34
Had a chance today so jumped on a song taew up Tepprasit ......... my previous direction (in above postings) are correct ........ only problem is that the signage makes no mention of UPHOLSTERING ....... only CURTAINS ............ I spoke to the same lady that I have dealt with in the past -- passable English ..... she confirmed that they definitely do upholstering of such as sofas, chairs, mattresses, etc. AND of course curtains. .......... when I asked about cost, she said they come to your location and take measurement -- as well as collect the sofa and return delivery when complete (I would advise double checking it before they return it to your home, just in case) ........... you can select the cloth from their very wide selection of swatch catalogs ...... or you can provide your own cloth after they tell you the necessary yardage.

I attach here both sides of their business card......... it is a double shophouse with green/white/yellow awning. Hope you can find it and that you have as good a service from them as I have on two occasions in the past.

July 13th, 2007, 15:19
Thank you. People going out of their way to help others is a great example why so many enjoy retiring in Pattaya. Outside of the entertainment which is probably the first draw for most of us expats, there are many people as your self that help make the living here so satisfying.

Thanks for all your help. I will contact them.

July 13th, 2007, 15:25
Don't forget to take your compass with you. Perhaps a GPS system as well. And pack some provisions, in case you get lost.

July 13th, 2007, 16:48
Thanks for your concern BG and all the help you have given all of us.

July 13th, 2007, 16:49
Don't mention it.