PDA

View Full Version : Siam Ocean World

December 30th, 2005, 11:38
Just visited the Aquarium at Siam Paragon. Really amazing. I did not imagine they would do such a successful presentation. Huge tanks. The rainforest is beautiful. Very nice indeed. I think it is good for the city and tourism.

December 30th, 2005, 17:48
I know I'm hard to please, but I was not overly impressed.
The "jungle" (and its sound effects) had all the flair of a 50's Tazan movie.
It was certainly crowded the day I went, but at 450B a head the novelty may wear off.

January 1st, 2006, 09:56
I went there two days ago. What a ripoff. Very tacky, especially that plastic jungle. The fish are dull, the water cloudy. It's is incredibly noisy with tourguides screaming at their respective groups and commercials for True company plastered throughout.

The aquarium in Sydney is far, far better. The one in Singapore is also much nicer.

asiagayboy.com

January 1st, 2006, 13:42
Once you have seen large aquarium displays like this in other cities it is hard to be impressed by this one. I think it is a good effort
but falls short of competing with other aquarium presentations in other countries and will not be the WOW effect that will drive tourism.
I think it will be marketed by tour groups in Thailand and will draw in the crowds of tour groups as a "must see" attraction in Thailand, but once
they have seen it, unless they come from places where these type of displays are not found, they will be under impressed.

The price of 450 Baht is a bit steep also.