PDA

View Full Version : new airport ransfer to pattaya

July 5th, 2007, 16:58
Can a local or recent past visitor please advise on transfers (taxi, bus) from the new airport to Ptya. Regular services? Taxi: official versus private. I knew the deals at the old don Muang etc but would like to hear about the tricks of the trade at the new airport. Distance / time from airport to Ptya? Any transport there for late night arrivals?
Better to stay a night in BKK and take the bus? Is the new airport located closer to Ptya and can one thus bypass BKK altogether?
Please advise (only serious comments, please). Thanks guys.

Wesley
July 5th, 2007, 22:45
I agree if any hotel offers pick up as good as Ambiance, I would definitely take it all the way to the room.

July 6th, 2007, 01:58
Can a local or recent past visitor please advise on transfers (taxi, bus) from the new airport to Ptya. Regular services? Taxi: official versus private. I knew the deals at the old don Muang etc but would like to hear about the tricks of the trade at the new airport. Distance / time from airport to Ptya? Any transport there for late night arrivals?
Better to stay a night in BKK and take the bus? Is the new airport located closer to Ptya and can one thus bypass BKK altogether?
Please advise (only serious comments, please). Thanks guys.
There are many choices. It's pending on your time and budget.

There are many choices. It's pending on your time and budget.

By price:

Yellow airport bus to Pattaya bus station (check airport web side) about 150 TBT,
Bus Number 389 - Suvarnabhumi Airport – Pattaya, moderate service

Bell travel service from airport to your accommodation, about 150 TBT. Very good service Bell Travel phone: 02747 4673 02747 4675, 02747 4676

Recommended limo service. Gay. Gems & Phon 62/121 M.6 Nongprue, Banglamung
Phone: (0) 3873 - 4472 Fax: (0) 3873 – 4472 : gemsphon@loxinfo.co.th
Good value for money, reliable. Anything between 1000 to 2000 TBT.

Taxi airport to your accommodation, between 1000 and 1200 TBT plus highway charges)
Limo service from Thai Airways (expensive, moderate service) more than 2500 TBT
Limo service from your hotel, (not cheap but usually good) calculate around 2000 TBT

Do not follow any touts, airport is full of them! Never use an unlicensed taxi.

Make sure where you're landing, Suvanarbhumi or Dong Muang !

July 6th, 2007, 09:12
Can't resist this one.... Wx ???? YOU got nerve to say someone has a bad username. Who could have worse than you?

July 6th, 2007, 14:29
Can't resist this one.... Wx ???? YOU got nerve to say someone has a bad username. Who could have worse than you?
My thoughts exactly but I refrained from commenting directly as the mentally challenged one thrives on throwing insults but ignores those thrown at him (perhaps he doesn't really understand or is too thick to know when he is being insulted :geek: ) .

July 6th, 2007, 20:13
thanks, ttom, for the info - much appreciated.
to the nutcase with that ridiculous username (is it a name? or a description of intelllectual inferiority?) wx40afp: get a life, my boy, you must be part of that trailer trash that inhabits much of ptya. ah, but what does one expect from acdc fans - mate, you really are so seventies ..... you are living proof that normal communication in this forum is becoming increasingly impossible. to top it off, you lack wit, intellect and i certainly hope that i don't bump into you anywhere..... if you do find some spare time, brush up on your english - it is atrocious.

July 6th, 2007, 20:40
thanks, ttom, for the info - much appreciated.
if you do find some spare time, brush up on your english - it is atrocious.
WD40 is an ignorant Ozzie - did you really expect otherwise ? :cheers: