Tonight & Every Night

15 New Handsome Young Men

will perform for your Enjoyment

SINGING - DANCING

10pm til Close!!

MONTY'S GAYOTE CLUB & DISCO
JOMTIEN COMPLEX

ALSO IN JOMTIEN COMPLEX......

Lek (Former Manager) from Monty's B&B has reopened THE ENCHANTED HUT as a HOT POT BBQ!!

ALL YOU CAN EAT 119 Baht

CHANG DRAUGHT JUG 160 Baht

OPEN 6PM

YOU CHOOSE IT!! - YOU COOK IT!! - YOU ENJOY IT!!

July 3rd, 2007, 11:21
What the heck is a "hot pot BBQ"? As far as I know, BBQ is cooked on a grill while hot pot is boiled. Which is it?

Sen Yai
July 3rd, 2007, 12:24
What the heck is a "hot pot BBQ"? As far as I know, BBQ is cooked on a grill while hot pot is boiled. Which is it?

He probably means Sukiyaki, don't you think BG?

July 3rd, 2007, 12:52
Monty i hate you!! I cant wait to see the show. Somebody take pics please!

Hot Pot bbq = Korean style barbecue which is very popular in Bangkok right now - especially with Thais.

July 3rd, 2007, 13:54
The hot pot BBQ places are all over. There is an inverted wok shape grill which is surrounded by a soup moat. You grill your items (usually meats and seafood) on the top of the grill using pork fat grease, the juices drip into the soup moat, where the servers put broth and you put veggies and mung bean noodles. There are dipping sauces for the side and/or the soup. Not the same as suki which is just the communal soup, no grill. Good fun if Monty is doing it right way. Otherwise, go to the one of the Thai places around doing the same thing even cheaper.

Skip it if you don't fancy cooking your own food.

July 3rd, 2007, 14:56
DELETED

July 3rd, 2007, 15:49
The layout is similar to that of the Thai ones. You get a basket for your veg, a plate for your meat and seafood selection. Then a red hot BBQ plate is put onto your table, and away you go, cooking as described above.

OK, so Korean BBQ. Where does the "hot pot" enter into it?

Bob
July 4th, 2007, 05:13
frankly it is well worth paying a few baht extra to get the nice meat

Hell, John, I thought you went there to eat.... :geek:

Smiles
July 4th, 2007, 06:48
" ... Just returned from a mid-day visit with Monty
and saw some of the "new Isaan boys" :-)
they arrived early this morning from Isaan
and I understand more are on their way to Monty's! ... "

TravelerJim
. . . . and Canadians in this small town are always surrounding the produce counter a in droves at the local Safeway the morning of a fresh shipment of California blueberries hits the shelves (sometimes at a very good price, gone in minutes, often).
Same same for the delicious local asparagus from 20 miles up the highway, where lies (a little known fact) The Asparagus Capital of Canada ~ 'Enderby'.

And Alberta beef? Better than Texas, though many would disagree.

Anyway, on topic ... how does a Load of Boys get to Pattaya from Isaan? By truck? Bus hire? Is there a central staging place ... say, Khon Kaen or Korat? Isaan's a big area. What if the boys get hot and tired and rowdy? Cattle prods?

Cheers ...