View Full Version : Looking for a pal to accompany me in bars in Pattaya...

July 2nd, 2007, 17:05
hi all! I am new here, I will have my first trip to Thailand this month. I will arrive in Bangkok on July 24 and after 3 days there, I will spend one week in Pattaya from July 28th. I have read many comments about boys bars on here and it seems so difficult to understand it all, tips, offing a guy, getting cheated about money, differents methods in bars, etc... I wonder if anyone of you would like to accompany me in Sunee or Boystown bars to help me understand the system, at least the first and second night. I find all this very intimidating as I am not the type of guy to ask reclamation or negociate! So if anyone of you is in Pattaya at the end of July please do get in touch! Thanks!

July 2nd, 2007, 18:26
pop along to montys in Jomtien. He will intro you to some nice regulars of his who live there and they love to guide people around ( for free)

A lot of them post here - so check your pms later.

July 2nd, 2007, 20:17
same here: i will be in ptya in early sept for about a month. have been there many time sbefore so need no intro or "guidance", but would nevertheless appreciate to go out with other like-minded people, cruise the bars etc, or even hire a boat together and go out for the day with some boys. Anybody out there? whom and where to contact once in ptya? please let me know. i am travelling alone and in a place like ptya that can get a bit boring and tiring after a while.
pleae leave your message here or post privately to thabatseka3@yahoo.com.au.
thanks.

Wesley
July 2nd, 2007, 23:09
are you paying the bills if so I will make a special trip

Dboy
July 3rd, 2007, 07:26
I find all this very intimidating as I am not the type of guy to ask reclamation or negociate! So if anyone of you is in Pattaya at the end of July please do get in touch! Thanks!

Everything will work out just fine. The biggest challenge you'll likely have is negotiating the Bangkok streets and Skytrain, negotiating with the guys will be much easier. I almost
envy you being a first-timer. One of the best experiences I ever had. Hope you make some time for cultural sites. Thailand truly is a wonderful place.

Dboy

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 3rd, 2007, 08:06
..it's been a long time but old habits die hard.

I'll make you look good..beside me you'll look like a million dollars !

I make a great taster..try everything out for you to see if the quality is good.

You provide the cash and I'll provide the glamor.

July 3rd, 2007, 12:56
I almost
envy you being a first-timer. One of the best experiences I ever had.

Dboy

So so true. Dont know where to put your eyes and really hard to believe you can touch without getting thumped or arrested lol - the smells of food, noises, street life all totally different from anyhting western

Then as you said - the beauty of temples and other places just blows you away.

TrongpaiExpat
July 3rd, 2007, 13:15
Jeff: Another way to meet some local farangs is to just PM a few that seem "normal" and someone that you think might be fun, interesting or willing. Take a look at the posts, you learn a lot about a person from his posting, and make an initial contact.

Yet another way is to just announce that your going to be at some local farang hang out at a particular date and time and if any locals fancy meeting a first timer for a chat, drop by, I will be the one wearing a red shirt or something.

I would also just keep initial contact to a chat and not commit to someone going with you to the bars. You may find out that this person is not someone that you want to be with more then 5 min. Some of the resident farangs in Thailand (I am being nice and not saying Pattaya) are not someone that you want to spend much time with.

July 3rd, 2007, 13:29
So so true. Dont know where to put your eyes and really hard to believe you can touch without getting thumped or arrested.
So true oggle, in your case you can be arrested
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1392/701515762_aa54c8e7ac_m.jpg :puke:

July 3rd, 2007, 21:39
So so true. Dont know where to put your eyes and really hard to believe you can touch without getting thumped or arrested.
So true oggle, in your case you can be arrested
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1392/701515762_aa54c8e7ac_m.jpg :puke:

cedric young man - you need spectacles. Tomfin is much more handsome and younger than me.

July 3rd, 2007, 21:45
Jeff: Another way to meet some local farangs is to just PM a few that seem "normal"

He might be looking a long time if he's limiting his search to SGT.

July 7th, 2007, 12:16
I am the only person in the world that I should like to know thoughly. Oscar Wilde quote.

Smiles
July 7th, 2007, 18:51
" ... I am the only person in the world that I should like to know thoughly. Oscar Wilde quote ... ".
Not normally a member of the Spelling Police, but shirley you mean 'thoroughly' rather than that above.
'Thoroughly' being the above all necessary word in that quote, not a bad idea to get at least that one correct. I would never bitch about mis-spelling 'am' or 'that'.

Cheers ...

Wesley
July 8th, 2007, 03:40
Truthfully,

if you are going for the first time do it alone, I did, lost few bucks and learned a lot no one could teach me, you will never forget the first time let it be your time. Treasure it like it was your last.

Wesley

Wesley
July 8th, 2007, 04:09
I remember my first trip, it was to Bangkok not Pattaya, I had 7 days to kill before my next appointment in Central Asia. I flew to Bangkok, at that time I spelled it wrong, I couldn't imagine any country naming them selves a Cock of any kind. The board taught me soon how to spell Bangkok and I had my first night at the Pinnacle with Jimmy First as my guide, thanks to the board. I had printed maps of everything you could get off the web printed and ready to find a boy, any boy would do, it had been many years since my last experience with a guy. I had been alone almost 6 years and my cock got hard just looking at the map much less the boys in the pictures. I took a taxi down to the Soi I needed to be for the entire trip, I found one bar and went the wrong way on the map. In the middle of the first night alone in Bangkok... Jesus what a time... I ended up getting turned around and in the right direction and found it all.

To my surprise everything I learned on the board just came back to me like it was Christmas. No telling how many boys I did that first week there, I found the sauna behind the Pinnacle and found a new way to play... My God I thought was in 1977 in the Dallas baths. God I had a good time. No one can take that away from me or the memories it created or the boys I did or the mistakes I made or the boy I fell in love with. I ended up getting him started in a business I couldn't imagine him in the go go bars after meeting me. Well he is much to old for the go go bar any more and the business failed after all these years we still talk on the phone and write emails and think back to when I was a new kid on the block and he was much smarter than me. I would not trade the maps on the bed or the wrong trips uptown for anything, now I can stop in Bangkok for three days and itтАЩs like a week I know where everything is, and I donтАЩt have to look any more. But the looking was half the fun. DonтАЩt miss your first time or give it away to anyone.

Wesley

July 8th, 2007, 05:06
I guess I will follow your advice, I'm rather an adventurous guy anywhere in my continent Europe but I've never been ouside and even though I'm very excited and impatient to discover Thailand (I will spend 3 days in Bangkok before coming to Pattaya), I must say I'm also rather nervous as I guess it will be a complete shock of... everything!

Wesley
July 8th, 2007, 06:30
I don't know how old you are, but my experience at Club Dallas Baths in 76-77 before the Terrible onslaught of AIDS, taught me everything I needed to know about cruising. Bkk, just as the baths, needed not a word spoken or a mamasuan to help you, it was instinct that got you though it all. A gesture, a look, a sneer, or a smile just as you were passing in the Aisles, was enough to bring on enough guys to keep you busy for a weekend. Same things holds true all over the world. I have been fortunate to see a lot of it and boys are the same most every where you go, where there is gay Venue. Body language ... there is no substitute for it, any where any time!

July 8th, 2007, 07:33
OK, Ok I did misspell.. but its not like Im going for a Pulitzer Prize here. And please stop calling me shirley.