PDA

View Full Version : LONG TIME FEE

July 1st, 2007, 18:31
Can anyone tell me what is the fee for taking off a boy for long time, 2 weeks, to travel around in Thailand?

July 1st, 2007, 18:48
First make arrangements with the bar and pay his off fee for the time you will be gone. A fair rate would be 1000 a day plus meals and expenses. An occasional shopping trip will help. Make sure you discuss this with the boy and he agrees. Pay him daily so he has money of his own to spend as he likes. If everything goes well and your both happy, a nice tip at the end would be nice but make this a surprise for him so he doesn't expect it.

July 1st, 2007, 18:57
but what do I have to pay to the bar owner, if I want to take a boy off for 2 weeks?

July 1st, 2007, 19:24
but what do I have to pay to the bar owner, if I want to take a boy off for 2 weeks?
You need to negotiate with the bar.
Standard would be the off fee every day.
Some crazy bars will demand the off fee plus the cost of a drink every day on the greedy logic that if you actually did come in every day to take off this boy, you would at least buy one drink.

If you are lucky, you can make them a lower flat fee offer. Don't count on it.

If you are really asking WHY you need to pay the bar to take away their boy, think whorehouse. Both the whore and the house must be paid.

I personally think 1000 baht a day all day is close to sex slave wages. Sure, some will accept it. But you are asking him to give up his REAL LIFE and his friends 24/7. It is not HIS vacation. He is your sexual fantasy you are paying for. Pay more for that. I think 2K is much more fair or perhaps 1500. Of course gifts, meals, expenses don't count towards his wage.

TrongpaiExpat
July 1st, 2007, 19:53
Hans: Some Thai boys do not travel very well. Depends on where you going. Many have zero interest in historic sites. Many of the bar boys are on a very late routine and are used to sleeping most of the day. You can take one to a very nice resort hotel and he will sleep half the day and watch TV the other half. They will not be impressed with Western amenities and much prefer a communal meal on the floor with a bunch of friends than eating at some restaurant with tables.

Most will all jump at the opportunity for multiple off's so you have to be careful in making the right selection. Maybe try a few days first to some local site before going any distance and getting stuck with the wrong boy.

July 1st, 2007, 20:00
I agree with Tronpai there in every respect.

And even if you take care in your selection, the boy is likely to get very BORED very fast. Yes, many would rather give up even a higher rate to escape being bored 24/7. Whats exciting to you often means nothing to him.

At this point, expect a story about a sick or dead relative and the need for an emergency plane ride home.
Been there, done that.

Wesley
July 1st, 2007, 22:02
When I took a boy for a month I paid him 500, then at he end of each week I would settle his fee at the Bar, on his usually off days he was just paid extra for that but, he and the bar worked out that deal we did, Chiang Mai Chaing Rai, met his Mom and dad went through the jungles and visited some tourist spots I am sure he had never seen. Saved me a bundle on it as an American the fee and the price go up. If They find out . So, he made all arrangements before they saw me even enter. At the end I bought Him a nice 500 dollar bracelet which he was ashamed to wear in front of his friends. I partied all night and most of the day and he likely slept for a few days after I was gone. I got a call from him once a week after I came home for a long time. I move to the capital and now we have lost touch. He probably is looking more like me as it was almost 7 years ago or more!

Wesley

July 1st, 2007, 23:54
My 2 week companion got 1500B per day plus the usual shopping trip for clothes and any other nick nacks I saw him eye up. Not however when he subtely guided me towards the mobile phone and jewellery shops. For those I got suddenly tired and had to sit down outside the shop for a rest. He dutifully came to the beach when I wanted to go but I did allow him to suggest places he wanted to go or things he'd like to do in an attempt to alleviate the boredom factor for him. I also treated him and 3 friends to an island trip with the intention of just sitting back on the beach watching them enjoy themselves. The plan was thwarted as we stepped off the boat and the heavens opened and did not relent for 3 hours by which time we headed back to the boat with me thoroughly fed up. Truth be told, he was bored stupid having to be with me the whole time and next time I go I will learn from that and split with my bs for periods and meet up again later.

Moneywise, he got a bonus at the end and didn't seem to have any objection to his level of earnings during my stay. In 2 weeks he got approx 25000B along with various clothes, trainers and bits and pieces - and I had a great time so I guess we were both happy with the arrangement.

Wesley
July 2nd, 2007, 00:28
I might add, I ask him what he wanted and did not haggle with him on price so what he got was really up to him. I went mostly where he wanted to go and did what the wanted to do which was a rich night life and a slow day. he would go home do what ever and meet me back at 7PM. Then it was up to him again where we went for the night and how many boy bars we went to and which ones. If he was bored it was his own fault. I found that 4 or 5 AM was when we usually got in and he partied his cute little ass off. So as much as I am a night person so was he so it worked out fine for us both. When it was a day thing we did, it was up to him when to leave and where to go. If we ventured far away from home visit ted his parents it was usually a bore for me but I tried to make it as nice for him as for me. I appreciated all he did to make me happy and it showed when I had to leave.

Wes

July 2nd, 2007, 15:56
These threads always are a mine field.
I have avoided giving my opinion on short and long time 'tips'.
Its been my view that for as long as there have been forums on Thailand, there have been many, many farangs saying that the guys are paying too much to the boys. It never seems to have any affect whatsoever.
If your very rich, then what the hell, give a ton to the boy, why not. But we are not all wealthy. So if you don't have unlimited sums of money, you don't have to pay these prices that 'braggards' posting here, say. In fact, just because you read it here, doesn't even mean its true.
EXAMPLE: A five hundred dollar piece of jewelry. Yeah, sure. Keep your chins up - don't let the bastards get you down.

Wesley
July 2nd, 2007, 16:14
He ask for the jewelry, the only thing he ever ask for , I was not too comfortable with it but went along with it since it was our last day. What you believe or don't believe has little or no meaning to me or That the boy was blessed I came into town.

I didn't feel like 500 was too much for a months work day and night and I still don't. The bracelet was a bit much but he insisted it was what they lived on in low season or was out of work. after a month with the boy I did care what happened to him after I left . If that makes me a beggared or worse then so be it. Better to be that than a skin flint like you at 300 baht. Those that were there with me during that time can bear witness I was treated very good and gave the same in return.

Wesley

July 2nd, 2007, 16:45
Can anyone tell me what is the fee for taking off a boy for long time, 2 weeks, to travel around in Thailand?

I don't know where you're going to start your travellings in Thailand.

Honestly, if you find a nice boy who is willing and able to travel for 14 days or so, just leave al to him to sort it out. Ask him, how much he wants. If it’s too much, I guess if you mention something around 10 000 TBT will be agree.

10 000 TBT is a lot of money, even in Bangkok and Pattaya. Most people do not make that much in a month. Forget the stories about “super boys” who make this amount in a day or week.

Usually you can find someone who is not working in a bar. Have a look at Royal Garden Pattaya or Silom Complex in Bangkok or similar places. There are also options on Internet (www.gayromeo.com (http://www.gayromeo.com) is popular) to make contacts.

Not all people are after your money!

Do always respect people's dignity. Don't be pushy.

If someone is telling you about his international experiences, be on alert.

There will always be some extras in for your new friend (like some shopping) but most boys are very careful with spending (your) money and trying to bay for less. If you are buying something for yourself, you should get something for him too.

Explain in detail what you're expecting (way of travelling, type of accommodation, sight seeing etc). Make sure he got the message. There are usually keen on travelling but don’t have a clue about Thailand. There is usually no money for extensive holidays. If they knew some it's usually from school trips. You need to find almost all out by yourself.

While on travel your companion will most likely NOT ask anybody local for further information. That is because he might fear the other one is loosing face (don’t know proper answer) or will lie (most likely in Bangkok) to him (because of his different dialect) or similar complications. That's Thai style. Just be patient and relaxed, all will be sorted out by time.

Make him confident. Even his decision didn’t suit you. It really doesn’t matter at the end ..

Do never ever show much money, or explain too much about your income, live style or so. Your friend will ask you a lot about all this because he needs this information for himself in order to compare your social status with a similar in Thailand.

Treat him nicely even it’s all the way wrong. Don’t loose your face. I the unlikely case that it’s getting unbearable, just pay him his share of the agreed amount, buy him some food, a bus ticket und send him home.

If you are very pleased with him, feel free to make him a nice personal gift at the end of you trip (like a gold ring or so for about 4 to 6000 TBT) if you are very pleased with him otherwise leave it as it is. Don’t pay too much otherwise you put him in danger. With jewellery he is always in danger of being robbed. If he needs money, some gold is always welcome at any pawn shop.

Having a handsome boy with you it's a great way of exploring Thailand.

Have fun.

llz
July 2nd, 2007, 17:49
As always a very balanced and wise answer ; thank you for sharing your experience - which is great - without imposing your opinion.

Wesley
July 2nd, 2007, 19:22
As always a very balanced and wise answer ; thank you for sharing your experience - which is great - without imposing your opinion.

Amen to that, keep in mind I took the boy for a month, what I paid for a month of his time since he was well spoken in English and had a good paying job in a bar not just a boy but like assistant manager . I don't think I Over paid all though I could be wrong . I unlike you didn't ask any advise. I had predetermined how much I would spend and came home 3000 dollars to the good. So, I was happy so was the boy.

Wesley

July 2nd, 2007, 20:35
A thread came up on here whereby the guy you off would become very bored very quickly, and would probably prefer to be offed several times rather than go on vacation with a falang (or words to that effect).

I think this will probably be the case in the majority of cases. However, also, as cute and nice as some of these guys are, I ususally find that I cannot be doing with "hanging around" with someone I don't really know. It takes me years to build up relationships with people before I decide they become a friend and can travel with them or even go for a drink. Not only the guys who are offed bored but also the falang - I see this time and time again. I find it very difficult to understand why a falang can suddenly build up a relationship in the space of a night and expect things to be hunky dory, it rarely happens.

Wesley
July 2nd, 2007, 20:55
There was no love involved there were many three and four ways but little love. I did learn to care for him but love I think not. I am good for only about 4 years at a time myself, then I am bored with them. So, love not hardly, but a lot of fun yes!!!