PDA

View Full Version : BKK-Newcomer... basic things

June 30th, 2007, 02:34
hey guys!

i like reading the forum as it gives some good information. anyway, i have been to bkk recently because of business so i just spend a few days. i will be back in august for 6 weeks and i want to enjoy the gay life there. i read many things about gay venues, shows, bars and so on, but i do not really know how the procedure is in gogo-bars, the babylon-sauna-center and so on. what i want to ask: can somebody describe a "typical" or "usual" stay at a suana center and gogo-bar? obviously i want to have gay-"fun", including sex-massages and mainly EVERYTHING, but is it THAT easy how everybody says? do you just go to a thai guy saying "want to come to my hotel"? i know it sounds weird, but maybe u can share some experiences.... i am rather shy and don't want to behave like and idiot in that scene... further, what is the best and easiest way to "get what u want"?

TrongpaiExpat
June 30th, 2007, 12:46
further, what is the best and easiest way to "get what u want"?

The easiest way is to pay for it but it might not be the best.

There seems to be less and less Thais going to Babylon nowadays. More visiting Asians and farangs especially weekdays.

June 30th, 2007, 12:49
There are some gay guides about this. Its good to read about about the process and culture before arriving. Most Thais you will meet do not speak English well.

DJB0Y-old
June 30th, 2007, 22:31
It's true that less thais have been going to Babylon lately. I think they will be having some promotions so the number of Thai should go back up (especially Monday - Thursday).

TrongpaiExpat
July 1st, 2007, 01:29
Yes, I have been hearing about one of the promotions. When a good looking young Thai leaves they give him a two for one entry voucher for his next visit. Then when they leave each gets another two for the price of one voucher. The assumption is that a good looking young Thai must have good looking young Thai friends.

July 1st, 2007, 02:11
a general question for going to a sauna: do you bring your own condoms and lubricant? and, what do you wear, a towel only or also a swimsuit?

jinks
July 1st, 2007, 03:00
a general question for going to a sauna: do you bring your own condoms and lubricant? and, what do you wear, a towel only or also a swimsuit?

The last time I went to Babylon, condom, lube and towel were provided.

Wearing the towel was optional :clown:

TrongpaiExpat
July 1st, 2007, 12:47
Babylon gives you two towels, lube and a condom. Some nights in the disco it's underwear night. Some walk around in speedos but most are in towels. Those using the pool wear swimming attire. Pool closes at 2000 hrs.

The Babylon dark room closes at around 1900 hrs as other areas open. It a little confusing what areas are open and when. Generally there is a show on the weekends at 2000 hrs (if not raining) but some weeknights as well. You have to explore.

Other saunas have different dress depending on the night from nude night to various small types of loin covers. Go to each web site for info but don't expect consistency, things change often.

July 2nd, 2007, 00:46
good info, thx. darkroom closes at 7 pm? i guess it is good to go early. and are all people there playing safe? do people go to the saunas and darkroom alone or is it the rule to find a "partner" first... is it like a group orgy? i never went, but will go when i am back there.

Wesley
July 2nd, 2007, 11:26
Gosh so many questions, It would take a lot of time to answer them all. I would Say they all have been mentioned and most in detail before. a look at the archives at GP's old board and here may educate you in most of this. For me a gay guy out of the 80,s it came quite natural since most of my gay life was Pre- AIDS and you could play and-not worry so-much about STD's of the life ending nature any way. I would dare to think all of This is answered but, many may make a stab at some of this who like typing more than me.

Wes

TrongpaiExpat
July 2nd, 2007, 13:22
good info, thx. darkroom closes at 7 pm? i guess it is good to go early. and are all people there playing safe? do people go to the saunas and darkroom alone or is it the rule to find a "partner" first... is it like a group orgy? i never went, but will go when i am back there.

The dark room upstairs from the lockers. It's not really a room, it's the exit to the stairs that goes to the small court yard and over to the disco. They open the door at 7pm and the dark room becomes a hall.

There's another dark room that down from a set of rooms, down a spiral staircase, opposite the first floor of the disco. Sometime you can gain access via the disco, other times not. This one opens later.

Yes, safe sex. It's all of the above, orgy and one on one. Meet in the hall, in the dark or in the light. Meet in the dark and then move to the light and change your mind. Maybe go to a private room, maybe not. Maybe leave together and go out, maybe not.

You ask a lot of questions, just go with the flow explore and have a good time.