PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to take pictures in boys bars?

June 29th, 2007, 16:21
Planning my first trip to Thailand and as I'm a picture fanatic (numeric digital camera) I wonder if it is allowed to take pictures of the boys dancing in bars?

June 29th, 2007, 16:45
Planning my first trip to Thailand and as I'm a picture fanatic (numeric digital camera) I wonder if it is allowed to take pictures of the boys dancing in bars?
Generally no. However, I'm sure that in some of the bars if you grease the owner/manager/mamasans' palms with a few hundred baht it would probably be allowed.

If they do allow it, be sure not to take photos with other farangs in the background - it may cause offence/embarrassment and could also cause confrontation.

Bars will definately NOT allow video footage to be taken.

June 29th, 2007, 17:38
The pics are beautiful! I am impatient to meet these boys, exactly what i like! Smooth sunny skins! miam miam! :)

July 2nd, 2007, 18:24
many bars will say yes - many will say no.

Depends on the reason you give for wanting the pics and as somebody said - if there are other customers around.

I have been allowed to take pics in quite a few as they know me for a while and know i can bring them business. A nice tip for owner or mamasan can also make it happen.

dab69
July 2nd, 2007, 19:21
lots easier if you have visited the bar quite a few times
with many "offs"

July 2nd, 2007, 22:13
I bet the answer at KAOS would be a resounding NO! I wonder why...

Wesley
July 2nd, 2007, 22:24
Since I was outed at a gay host bar in Bangkok with a digital picture of me sitting with a boy and the tag Gay Life in Thailand I am wary of any camera's around, personally

Wesley

July 2nd, 2007, 22:33
Since I was outed at a gay host bar in Bangkok with a digital picture of me sitting with a boy and the tag Gay Life in Thailand I am wary of any camera's around, personally

Wesley

What caused you more of a problem? The fact that you were gay, or the fact that you were patronizing boy prostitutes?

Wesley
July 2nd, 2007, 22:56

Wesley

What caused you more of a problem? The fact that you were gay, or the fact that you were patronizing boy prostitutes?

It was neither, I was definitely in a gay club , problem he looked like you. an obviously gay person.

July 2nd, 2007, 22:59
Excuse me?

Wesley
July 2nd, 2007, 23:04
excuse accepted !!

dab69
July 4th, 2007, 03:39
how many straight farang back home
are looking at gay boy bar pictures?

you were really outed by this?