Tiger Airways

PER - SIN - BKK RETURN

AUD $567
USD $482

In what way?

June 29th, 2007, 16:06
Its a good fare.

June 29th, 2007, 19:49
anyone have any experience with tiger? i have booked DRW - SIN -BKK rt, would love to hear from someone who has flown with them.

June 29th, 2007, 19:53
DELETED

June 29th, 2007, 19:57
They were fine to Singapore. Its basic but efficient.

June 29th, 2007, 20:17
hey botting, it is TIGER, not A TIGER. Grammar, my boy, grammar!

Marsilius
June 29th, 2007, 23:24
me4thai - have you ever considered that you might have the gift of prophesy?

On the very day you started this thread, a massive bomb was defused in the Haymarket, central London. It had been planted there the previous night in a car left outside a nightclub - presumably to kill the emerging revellers.

The name of the nightclub? "Tiger, Tiger."

Spooky...

June 29th, 2007, 23:43
Spooky...

Spooky...or suspicious?

June 30th, 2007, 05:24
It had been planted there the previous night in a car left outside a nightclub - presumably to kill the emerging revellers.As at the time of this post, that is in the words of the police handling the investigation "pure speculation" - not even a presumption

Aunty
June 30th, 2007, 06:52
sluts and sinners,arent yas all,why dont you all start reading the Talmud you bastards.

Yes I'm a slutty sinner. I certainy get my leg over, and, I don't mind bending over to help the blokes out. It's an act of Christian charity.

That's a cheap fare Syd-Bkk, Billy? That's return? The cheapest flights I can find Akl-Bkk return (not direct) are about $A920. Thai's daily direct flight Bkk-Akl return is ~$A1150

Aunty
June 30th, 2007, 14:11
Yeah we pay a departure tax $NZ25.00, ($A22.68; $US 19.25) but it's seperate from the airticket. You can either pay it at the airport or through the travel agent when you pay for your tickets. We certainly don't pay anything like youse guys. You sure that's not a fuel surcharge they are charging you over there? $312.00 for a departure taxc seems like a hell of a lot to me. Either way it seems like airfares from NZ to Thailand are much the same as Sydney to Thailand, but there might be cheaper ones I haven't really shopped around yet. Emerites (via Brisbane, Akl - Brisbane- Bkk) can offer some really good deals from time to time. Do Emerites fly from Sydney to Bkk?

Smiles
June 30th, 2007, 14:36
the fare SYDNEY to Bangkok is 567 plus the 312 departure tax,this must be the highest departure tax in the world and i have written a complaint letter to the Govt,only to receive a big worded letter i didnt understand going on about how aviation fuel has risen in price,i dont know how that affects the departure tax? But when the departure tax is nearly the same as the airfare you know this shit country aint the lucky country no more.

You need to shop around AUNTY,i know New Zealand is only 3 hours from Australia but do you have departure tax there to add on to that 912? or does that include departure tax?
because 912 is a good airfare. I always use online travel agents,try www.travel.com.au (http://www.travel.com.au)
www.lastminute.com.au (http://www.lastminute.com.au) and best of all www.zuji.com.au,if (http://www.zuji.com.au,if) you can get your airfare under 950 including tax your doing well.
Just did a search on Singapore Air website for fares Sydney >> Bangkok >> Sydney and came up with a price of $1140AU which includes $317AU of taxes. This is very close to our Troll's tax costs, but he says his fare cost was $567AU. Which I guess is pretty much bullshit ... unless he is paying for a one-way fare (in which case he'll be staying with you Pattayans for the rest of his pathetic life!!! :blackeye: .)

At any rate ... it's not a "departure tax". It's a combination of sales tax, airport fee, fuel surcharge, State tax etc etc. Not a joy to pay for sure, but decidely not simply a departure tax. However, our Board Troll is ~ simply ~ playing the idiot as usual, and is never to be taken seriously.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/singaporeair.jpg

The fare and taxes are very similar to that charged by Qantas for the same dates and destination.

Cheers ...

andrewcraig
June 30th, 2007, 14:55
My next trip already booked to Thailand,by Qantas ,is $587.00 non stop to BKK,
AND I didnt forget to add on the $312.00 Departure Tax.

Is this the 6 hour flight from Sydney you always rave about.

What is the length of time for the return flight

Are you confusing Qantas full service with Jetstar no frills.

andrewcraig
June 30th, 2007, 15:13
This is from the Qantas specials page available for flights up to 19 Sept includes taxes

1. Select a return price from a fare type. [Sydney/Bangkok/Sydney

Lowest price*
Sale Latest offer Latest offer $1241
Red e-Deal Great deal Great deal $1280
Super Saver Travel with more flexibility $1442
Flexi Saver Flexible and refundable Flexible and refundable $1818
* Return price is for 1 adult and includes charges and taxes. Total price for all passengers will be displayed on the next page. Credit card payments attract a fee of A$12.00 per passenger per booking.

Length of flight 9.15 hours.

Did you note that Smiles Singapore flight, includes an overnight stay and is not direct.

June 30th, 2007, 20:32
all you lucky bastard travelling from major centres in Australia! i live in Cairns and it is either a case of going via Brisbane (all the way down south, then up) or with the overpriced jetstar crap via darwin to sin and then bkk.
the cheapest way from here is: qantas rip-off fare of 686AUD (red e special of 341 o/w x 2 incl all taxes) PLUS Tiger drw-sin return 355AUD (plus 10AUD seat reservation cost) PLUS Tiger Sin - BKK return for plus minus 150AUD all incl. all of this is much cheaper than anything else on the market, be it CX, TG or SQ, all via southern cities. Apart from the fact that the cheapest fares with these airlines are all limited to 35 days, whilst the QF/Tiger combo is unlimited.
anyway, I though i'd throw that in for all north queenslanders reading this (probably none).
regards

Smiles
June 30th, 2007, 20:43
" ... all you lucky bastard travelling from major centres in Australia! i live in Cairns and it is either a case of going via Brisbane (all the way down south, then up) or with the overpriced jetstar crap via darwin to sin and then bkk ... "
Same same for us here in Canada, Thaba. Live in smaller centres ... pay through the nose for flights to larger, international airports.
It's never the Vancouver >> Bangkok >> Vancouver leg which pisses me off, it's the Hole-in-the-Wall >> Vancouver >> Hole-in-the-Wall on which one always feels slightly sodomized.

Cheers ...

Aunty
June 30th, 2007, 21:19
Yeah I'm only interested in direct flights now. Those so-called cheap deals which have you flying Auckland - Suva - Nariita - Ulan Bator - Kashga - Delhi - Mumbai - Perth - Bali - Bangkok to save a few hundred bucks are just a waste of fucking time. When I haul my fat arse off the plane I want to be where I'm going! The other advantage of flying direct when it's possible to do so is you can't miss your onwards connection if something happens to delay the plane. That has happened to me a few times and the last time (in Amsterdam) I longed for a sword because there were a couple of necks that needed hacking through.

Personally I think staying one night in Singapore in transit to Bangkok would be a total waste of time.