PDA

View Full Version : Anyone knows the Aquarius house hotel in Bkk?

June 29th, 2007, 04:59
Hi to all of you! I've finally made my decision and on July 24th I will have my flight from Paris to Bangkok : it will be my first trip to Thailand! I'm really looking forward to it as I've always dreamt of visiting Thailand (and not just for sex reasons...). I will spend a few days in Bangkok and Pattaya before visiting the rest of Thailand. Can anyone suggest a good and quiet hotel ??? I've read some messages on this board saying noise a big problem in Pattaya and it's difficult for me to sleep with noise (a mosquito can even wake me up!)... I'm allowing myself a budget of 1,000 to 1,200 baht for each hotel night...
thanks for your help!
Jeff

TrongpaiExpat
June 29th, 2007, 12:06
Vincent's or the Pinnacle in my opinion and in that order for that price range.

June 29th, 2007, 14:46
Hi to all of you! I've finally made my decision and on July 24th I will have my flight from Paris to Bangkok : it will be my first trip to Thailand! I'm really looking forward to it as I've always dreamt of visiting Thailand (and not just for sex reasons...). I will spend a few days in Bangkok and Pattaya before visiting the rest of Thailand. Can anyone suggest a good and quiet hotel ??? I've read some messages on this board saying noise a big problem in Pattaya and it's difficult for me to sleep with noise (a mosquito can even wake me up!)... I'm allowing myself a budget of 1,000 to 1,200 baht for each hotel night...
thanks for your help!
Jeff

Aquaruis guest house in Bangkok is a good choice. Located in an residential area just behind busy Sathon Road. It's relaxed, comfortable and fairly priced. The owner Khun Vichai is great host. He can also provide accomodation in Pattaya.

June 30th, 2007, 03:00
It's a lovely place.

More here please: www.aquariushouse.com (http://www.aquariushouse.com)

Smiles
June 30th, 2007, 15:01
It's just OK. Comfortable, clean, but nothing special. I stayed there twice quite a few years ago and found Khun Vichai to be aloof and disinterested ... although ttom above has a different opinion.

But quite nice greeny leafy location on a small Soi (Hutayana) off Suan Phlu, which is in turn off Satorn Rd. And it's quiet in the hubbub of Satorn/Silom neighbourhood, and a pleasant 20 minute walk from Silom/Suriwong gay playground.

The Aquarius was the gay guesthouse involved in a very public event back in 2000 wherein the place was raided by the police (and newspaper photographers) for employing illegal Burmese workers. A Canadian was arrested in flagrante delicto (pics plastered all over the Thai newspapers) with a young Thai boy and ended up spending some time in jail for it. Cost him many thousands of baht.

The photos of the guesthouse (and the 'hosts') in the website linked above are years old now, and probably few of them still work there. I recognize at least one guy from my stay there in 2000.

Cheers ...

June 30th, 2007, 15:24
"I stayed there twice quite a few years ago and found Khun Vichai to be aloof and disinterested"

Same same, but not different.

I did not like the place, allthough I was together with a beauty working there. He was fucking hot, from Laos.

June 30th, 2007, 15:39
It's just OK. Comfortable, clean, but nothing special. I stayed there twice quite a few years ago and found Khun Vichai to be aloof and disinterested ... although ttom above has a different opinion.

But quite nice greeny leafy location on a small Soi (Hutayana) off Suan Phlu, which is in turn off Satorn Rd. And it's quiet in the hubbub of Satorn/Silom neighbourhood, and a pleasant 20 minute walk from Silom/Suriwong gay playground.

The Aquarius was the gay guesthouse involved in a very public event back in 2000 wherein the place was raided by the police (and newspaper photographers) for employing illegal Burmese workers. A Canadian was arrested in flagrante delicto (pics plastered all over the Thai newspapers) with a young Thai boy and ended up spending some time in jail for it. Cost him many thousands of baht.

The photos of the guesthouse (and the 'hosts') in the website linked above are years old now, and probably few of them still work there. I recognize at least one guy from my stay there in 2000.

Cheers ...

Regarding Aquarius Guesthouse in Bangkok I don’t have any single reason to complain. It’s a well hidden gem in Bangkok gay life.

I never ever had any problems with Khun Vichai. I always found him open minded, down to earth and knowing what he is doing or talking about. I know this place since 1999.

Remarks regarding the raid some seven years ago are true. The Aquarius Guesthouse didn’t have had any problems since then. By fare not all details spread out in newspapers where true.
But before and after many other establishments have been raided too and appeared in tabloids or even on TV, including all hotels of any category, saunas, cinema, massage venues, bars etc.. Not everything is posted in English …

June 30th, 2007, 16:15
Well I still think Khun Vichai is boring and a pain in the ass.
Not open, no smile, no nothing.
Maybe he is nice to his boys, but I have never seen so much lack of interrest for me, as a customer. I will for sure not stay there again. But okay, it is nice if you want to stay in a place where you can walk downstairs from your room and pic up a boy from the host bar.
And I don't find it fairly priced, you get a better value in Malaysia Hotel. BTW when I got the bill, the guy I met outside the gueasthouse, thought it was too expensive for what I got. Well it is many years ago, maybe many things have changed.
Just my opinion, you are wellcome to you own,

July 3rd, 2007, 10:26
The Aquarius is in a good location, you can walk to Silom and the Sauna, but I think it is overpriced because the rooms are old fashioned, but they have many boys who hang around and are available, as are the staff (when they take your bag to the room, the offer a "massage").They have a breakfast restaurant, and a small bar in the garden.They used to send me a Xmas card every year...
There is now no off fee. They also offer tourist trips in their own vehicle, very good.

llz
July 3rd, 2007, 12:28
In an old issue of "Men of Thailand", I read that there was a bar in the premises, and you could "off" a boy from there even if you did not stay in the Guesthouse. Do you know if it is possible now ?

July 3rd, 2007, 12:32
I know I don't contribute much to the board but I feel I should respond to the users question concerning "Aquarius". I stayed there 2 years ago for what should have been 5 weeks. I lasted 2 weeks before leaving. I found the owner to be a bit distant ( and to be quite honest a bit seedy). My room was large but the furnishing were quite old and worn. The sheets itchy, the sofa stained, and the shower mildewy. One day a very young looking boy (looked about 13 years old) walked into my room with knocking (he had a key). I think he was trying to tell me he wanted to look at one one my electrical outlets. Needless to say I was a bit taken back and made to feel uncomfortble having an underage boy in my room. Some how the whole place just gave me the creeps. Needless to say I used this incident as an excuse to go to Chang Mai for a week and then back to my old standby, the Tarntawan. I don't know, something just doesn't feel right about the place.
PS It's got a great outdoor area but overall the place is old and tired. (Perhaps a make-over is what the old place needs.)
Hope this helps.

Smiles
July 3rd, 2007, 12:33
In an old issue of "Men of Thailand", I read that there was a bar in the premises, and you could "off" a boy from there even if you did not stay in the Guesthouse. Do you know if it is possible now ?
Yes, no problem. The bar/lounge room is in the main house, bottom floor. Boys hanging around in the late afternoon and evening. It's not a late night place, closing up and front gates locked around 11pm (in my experience ... not recent).

Cheers ...