PDA

View Full Version : Setting upa boy in a motorbike taxi site.

lonelywombat
June 28th, 2007, 18:46
Jason a friend of ours has fallen heavily in love with a go go boy, and wants to get him out of the bar into a real

job?????

He has got carried away with the idea of buying/leasing a motorbike and buying a motorbike taxi location.

Another friend of ours who went down that track 6 years ago tells some funny stories, if you are not paying the

costs, about the excuses given for not working.

The bike is not working, it has been stolen,it needs major service and many other excuses.

The "cost paid to police" was an unknown factor, that could not be proved.

Does anybody have any experience in this area.

Doug
June 28th, 2007, 22:47
A long time Thai friend, who I have been assisting with a small monthly allowance, saved enough money to buy a motorbike. He had just moved into a room in a brand new apartment building. He decided to set up a motorbike taxi stand outside the building as there was no other stand withing sight and it was about a 10 walk to Thepraya Road. I thought that should be easy and cheap. Silly me.

First he had to get a taxi drivers licence...that took 4 days. He had to get approval from the police that it was okay to set up in that location...some fee was applied. He had to get a certain colour vest which I think required payment to something like a union. He had to negociate monthly payments to the building landlord (I didn't understand the need for this). He had to have his bike inspected for a fee. He needed money to pay for a proper sign and to build the stand.

When all was done, he hurt his back and couldn't ride his bike. Mai bhen rai!

Uranus
June 29th, 2007, 04:05
Why even bother?

June 29th, 2007, 09:00
He wants his boy to have a 'real' job? Thats not a real job. They are the laziest blokes town. The more they can lay around the stand, ugly feet up in your face as you walk by, cussing and spitting. They want to make just the amount they need to get some rice and caffiene drinks. A sorry lot to fall into for the boy.