PDA

View Full Version : Oil slick in Jomtien

June 27th, 2007, 17:32
.... yes there is one and probably has been for a while now ... dead fish on the beach, oil stuck to feet and on clothing ...

Why is this, anyone know?

June 27th, 2007, 17:36
Probably because oil got spilled into the water?

In all seriousness, though, you can count yourself lucky if oil is the only smelly, dark substance you found stuck to your body as you emerge from the cerulean waters of Jomthien Beach.

June 27th, 2007, 18:09
... I never even entered the water, I never do, its ****** filthy.

June 27th, 2007, 18:54
Probably because oil got spilled into the water?

In all seriousness, though, you can count yourself lucky if oil is the only smelly, dark substance you found stuck to your body as you emerge from the cerulean waters of Jomthien Beach.
cerulean?

Showoff.

x in pattaya
June 27th, 2007, 20:58
When I was there early this morning there was a terrific wind blowing, but I didn't notice any oil near the shore. Because of the wind and the threat of rain, the place was nearly deserted until about 10:00, but then most of the regulars began showing up and some were out in the water. When they emerged they didn't appear anymore inflammable than usual.

Where is this oil slick?

June 30th, 2007, 12:32
... I have found oil everywhere, little tarnishes of it everywhere, I wore a vest the other night (not even in the beach area) and I noticed a spek of oil, also I noticed a spek of oil in my cornflakes this morning - so as the song goes, "something in the air"

bigben
July 1st, 2007, 09:22
I noticed that around soi 8 (In Jomtiem) there is an unknown substance of a brownish color in the sand. This I saw last night near high tide.

No other news reports that I can find. Strange huh?

That is all....