PDA

View Full Version : Points to redeem FF with Thai increases 30 June

lonelywombat
June 27th, 2007, 13:06
I was enquiring about a flight that needs 75000 FF points and was told if I redeem the points before 30 june,

I can have the flight for 75000, after that it increases to 85000

Unalike Qantas the dates are changeable, and the ticket is valid for 12 months.

Not much notice but I have got my ticket and will probably buy another.

As a FF I can buy 2500 FF points for US$50

x in pattaya
June 27th, 2007, 15:12
Do you know if the increase applies to domestic flights as well?

Sen Yai
June 27th, 2007, 19:49
Do you know if the increase applies to domestic flights as well?

X, you can see the old and new mileage charts here: THAI FF Award Charts (http://www.thaiair.com/Royal_Orchid_Plus/Redeeming_Awards/Rop_tb_awards_thai.htm)

Domestic flights are 15,000 points on the new chart, but not identified on the old charts. Were domestic flights previous charged at the 'less than 1000 miles' rate? If so, a saving of 10,000 miles now!

wombat, everything on the THAI website suggests these new rates come into effect on 1st October, not 30th June.

lonelywombat
June 27th, 2007, 20:13
[quote="x in pattaya":1w2usgtw]Do you know if the increase applies to domestic flights as well?

X, you can see the old and new mileage charts here: THAI FF Award Charts (http://www.thaiair.com/Royal_Orchid_Plus/Redeeming_Awards/Rop_tb_awards_thai.htm)

Domestic flights are 15,000 points on the new chart, but not identified on the old charts. Were domestic flights previous charged at the 'less than 1000 miles' rate? If so, a saving of 10,000 miles now!

wombat, everything on the THAI website suggests these new rates come into effect on 1st October, not 30th June.[/quote:1w2usgtw]

My info was from the counter clerk at Thai office in Melbourne. He offered the info as I was not aware of the changes As I plan to fly peak or high season my second flight , it makes sense to buy another ticket, now

For those flying New York to Bangkok there has to be a significant saving of points

x in pattaya
June 27th, 2007, 20:48
X, you can see the old and new mileage charts here: THAI FF Award Charts

Yes, I suppose going to the Thai website and logging onto my account would have been the sensible thing to do.

However: I don't see the old round trip rates for domestic flights and can't remember what they used to be (maybe 12,000 miles?). The last time we used miles to fly to Phuket we were forced to go Business Class (which on a flight to Phuket is remarkably like economy class).

I did find the old/current one-way rate which is 9000 miles for any domestic destination and the new round-trip rate which is 15,000.

I'm not sure if I feel anymore enlightened than I was before, but I don't think it will be a great deal more "expensive."