PDA

View Full Version : Asian Moon Cafe

Up2U
June 27th, 2007, 09:16
Dined there last night with 5 friends. Located in JomTien at the old Queen's location. This is a 250 baht buffet in the White-Night mode. Food is superior in every way to WN; salad bar, soup and hot entrees. Great deserts. Good service. Highly recommended. It was crowded and owner said he would take reservations. Indoor AC or outside dining. A breadfeast-lunch buffet is offered (8 to 1) at 160 baht which I have not yet tried.

June 27th, 2007, 10:25
DELETED

June 27th, 2007, 14:14
Great place indeed! I have a few pics will post later. Traveller Jim enjoyed it as well _ hes going to go back and make a report complete with menu/prices/pics of staff etc.

Highly recommend you go early as it does get very busy .

Up2U
June 27th, 2007, 15:40
You say in the White Night style. Do they have daily menu changes, and what sort of food do they have available?

The daily entrees are posted outside on a chalk board. I don't think they plan on a scheduled rotating menu like the WN. The night I was there were only 2 Thai selections. Also, the usual mix of pork, beef, chicken and a fish dish. All high quality and very tasty. I would say the variety is about the same as WN. The potato soup was delicious. My friends raved about the deserts. We all also enjoy the WN.

I had breakfeast there this morning. They serve bread, croissants, rolls, fried potatoes and sausages buffet style. Hot dishes (eggs, omlets, bacon) cooked to order. I had juice (2 glasses), hot tea, corn flakes, croissants, eggs, bacon, sausage, fried potatoes, mushrooms, water. 160 baht. I got the impression I could go back for seconds but I didn't ask. The portions are larger than places like Papa David's or Googies. The owner is a very personable chap....I believe he is a Brit.