PDA

View Full Version : Setting Fee Expectations

adman5000
June 26th, 2007, 04:45
During my recent trip to BKK, I offed a boy who had only been working a short while and I was only his second customer. I normally pay the boys 1500 baht for short time. He stated he thought this was "little bit" because his previous Farang customer who had offed him for several days had paid him 3000 baht per day. Who knows if this was true, but I politely informed him that his previous customer was very generous (overly generous in my opinion because if I off someone for several days, I pay less per day than a short time fee ), and that I pay 1500 baht short time and I generally pay everyone the same. (in fact, if some boys go above and beyond to do everything and anything I ask to make sure I am satisfied and I know them, I sometimes tip them a bit more (200-500 baht) but tell them it is for taxi, food, etc and why I am tipping them extra.) My view is that this helps to keep expectations reasonable about fees. I also pay a bit less in Pattaya as I was told that 1500 was overly generous there.

To his credit, he took my reply in stride and called me another today to see if we could get together again.

What do some of the other members pay the boys for:

-short time
-overnight
-short time where you pay for food, entertainment , know the boy(s) well, and NO SEX (if you pay different than short time)
-multiple day holiday trip

I would be interested to see if my thoughts are in line with others. Thanks.

bucknaway
June 26th, 2007, 06:00
Short time in Pattaya I think is 700 baht but I have heard that the guys on the beach will do for half that.

I offed a guy in a host bar to go to the mall with me. There was no sex and I only took up about 2 hours of his time. We looked at a few stores and then went to the eating court. He got what he wanted as did I. After eating we were back on the baht bus and back at his bar. I tipped him 500 baht.

When I have offed a guy from a gogo bar, I have tipped 1000 if short time and 1700 if overnight. But that is the Bangkok rate I go by. I try to do at least one off per trip but for the most part I spend most of my nights with internet guys who are in it for the orgasm.

Seems you tip high.... If a guy told me he got 1500 short time I would simply smile...

Doug
June 26th, 2007, 06:12
When I off a boy in Pattaya, it is always for a short-time and I give 1000baht. If the performance is more than expected then that can go up a few hundred. Most boys I offer the choice of staying the night if they want too...there is no extra money for this unless again I am surprised by their lovin'. Sometimes I will off a group of boys for something other than a bed-romp and I will tip each 500baht but this is explained before I off them. If one of those boys shares my bed afterwards then I top up the tip with another 500baht.

I have been to Pattaya enough for the boys to know me either first hand or through the boy-grapevine. The boys now that if they have an opportunity to go with a more generous offer, then I am the first to encourage them to go. If a boys sits with me in the bar, I give him 100baht up front and tell him he can hit the stage anytime he sees a better prospect come in. I certainly don't think I'm "kee-neeow" but I'm careful to watch my budget and try to spread what I have around.

dab69
June 26th, 2007, 08:05
Bangkok is a little more expensive if they are offer from Silom area, but 1500 should be about average to higher there unless the boy was a "star"

June 26th, 2007, 09:26
DELETED

Wesley
June 26th, 2007, 10:04
short time Pattaya is 700 average you can be more generous if you like, 1000 to 15 depending on the guy for me is in the range of not being stingy and if the boy is practically useless I still give him 1000. In Bangkok, I get the mamamsan and boy together to make sure all is normal before I Leave with the boy and a price is agreed on. if I like one other poster said, taxi or food money I say so and tip according to my good nature. I am with the generally not a skin flint with the guys. I want them to have good things to say about me to their friends if I should off some one else in the same club. I hate for the guy to look at me with oh no,not him again. So,Ii tend to be generous. I can afford it and I certainly would not go out with an old man with a belly bigger than the bed for such money when I was young or now. It must take a really good imagination to do some guys I have seen offing guys. It would never work for me . I am now almost 6 ft and about 180 , I lost about 4 inches and it didn't turn into flab,. So I am not the worst I have seen. However, I would not off me eiter if I were them. My bf now says I am very interesting guy and leaves it at that. I have so many plaques and shit on the wall he thinks I am some rocket scientist an way. I have a good time when I am out and I enjoy dancing as much or more than the boy in any language. right now I really like Turkish music. I generally hate the Russian Rap and what decent American music you get out now days. Some British do well and in most clubs here I like a mix and it is played that way.

x in pattaya
June 26th, 2007, 10:31
I am now almost 6 ft and about 180 , I lost about 4 inches

You used to be 6 feet 4 inches?

Wesley
June 26th, 2007, 11:03
I never remember ever being so tall although, it wold have been nice when I was still able to play basketball ball.I was more of a football guy ,on my first trip to Pattaya I was 230 and about 6 ft not quite 6 ft. I can't remember ever saying I was 6'4" to anyone ever. I might have typed it wrong which for me is a common problem. But even on a day when I might stretch it a bit 6 ft 4 inches Doesn't Ring a bell for me.
I am built like a foot ballplayer wide shoulders and short ass good legs but short for an American unless you are Afro-American then I am really short.

Good to see you again X, I will try to stay out of range of your computer as I know you are quick and take no prisoners. in a verbal exchange.

Have an exciting day day.

Wesley

andrewcraig
June 26th, 2007, 13:22
I am now almost 6 ft and about 180 , I lost about 4 inches

You used to be 6 feet 4 inches?

Nice one.

My favourite graffiti on the walls of a football club toilet

" I am 16 and 10 inches" underneath

Yes but how big is your dick?l

June 26th, 2007, 15:32
300 Baht short time.

I hope this is a joke.

June 26th, 2007, 16:20
300 Baht short time.

I hope this is a joke.

He's an estate agent, what more do you expect!

Wesley
June 26th, 2007, 16:35
4 inches will work nicely if used right, I prefer the Thai Guys size, not too big not to small, Russians now 4 inches is really short for one of those guys but the smell well, Guess we all have our faults. I am an average American I guess. I have never had any complaints but who knows its all in the mind Anyway. what is nice is good to another and so on...! I tend not to get too fussy if they are versatile

June 26th, 2007, 17:36
It is absolutely redicilous to giving for a short time between 300 and 500 Baht. For this kind of money you even cannot buy a Big Mac in Uk. Holy Shit! Please don't tell me that a construction worker earns 170 Baht a day, that is not the same thing. I pay my maid 300 Baht a day and she is not a prostitute!

adman5000
June 26th, 2007, 18:10
I regard short time as 2 hours and long time as overnight. If the time is shorter than that it means I am disappointed in the boy and he gets 500-700 baht.

June 26th, 2007, 18:34
For this kind of money you even cannot buy a Big Mac in UkA completely irrelevant comparison

June 26th, 2007, 19:53
homintern
wrote

A completely irrelevant comparison

for this kind of money you even cannot buy a Big Mac in Uk

I think that is a relevant comparision. A short time in UK cost you a least minimum 200 UKP and the choice is much more smaller.

Wesley
June 26th, 2007, 20:15
It is absolutely redicilous to giving for a short time between 300 and 500 Baht. For this kind of money you even cannot buy a Big Mac in Uk. Holy Shit! Please don't tell me that a construction worker earns 170 Baht a day, that is not the same thing. I pay my maid 300 Baht a day and she is not a prostitute!

I agree 300 baht is a bit on the stingy side, I pay my maid once a month 2000,but she get it all clean enough I can manage for a month with little trouble but I eat out a lot and have little or no company other than my bf.

Wesley

Wesley
June 26th, 2007, 22:10
I agree a short really short time could be 300 baht, but that would be like a blow job in the toilet. Truthfully, an hour is much less time than I spend with a guy so maybe short time to me and you is relative. If I go though all the trouble to spend most of the evening to pick out the best guy I can find then I plan for him to be around longer than an hour if its nothing but chat if we can. So, I certainly may not be a good person to quote a short time. but over night for me is 1200 to 1500 and a really sorry lay maybe 1000, but 300 is really cheap time out for the evening.

kodiak
June 27th, 2007, 06:29
I have always paid the same.......and always they spend the night with me......and next morning i give them 1000 baht....and that is for having sex maybe 2 or 3 times and again in the morning.....and never i have had a complaint....never......Only they want to snag on to me and stay with me everyday........?? Maybe because i am relatively young Falang ....i like to dance...take them to maya...or Marine disco.....also sometimes take them to beach or over to koh Larn...of course i pay for everything.....but even sometimes they buy me drinks...and small gifts......I love Thailand and Thai boys.....cant wait to return
I much prefer Pattay than BKK usually i will stay BKK for just a couple of days...and then off to the beach

Wesley
June 27th, 2007, 08:53
however, An hour for me is not long at all, for them it ma be a long and they may well hate it. Keep in mind I have already partied all night with most boys I off all night at x-zite or some other good place to go, mostly up to them. Then when I am home we both sleep it off and sex is in the morning right after brushing your teeth, if you have any left. So, when its long time for me its long party, long night, little sex in the morning. They have a good time or seem to , I love it and everyone seems happy. I could be wrong , but I ususally go where they want to go and do what they like. It cost a bit more and the off fee is extra but its fun and I am not full alcohol when I wake up and we have sex.

June 27th, 2007, 10:18
DELETED

June 27th, 2007, 11:09
but do you really pay 300 baht short time, or was that a joke? I'm afraid a newbie might take you at your word and end up with a knife in his gut.

atri1666
June 27th, 2007, 11:39
300-500 baht for shorttime is really enough. Who wants to pay more can do. A blowjob in the afternoon for 300 baht is ok. No need to pay more. In some bars you can suck and the boy is happy to get 200 baht. For 2 hours about 600-1000 baht and overnight 1000-1500 baht. Its a personal decision and nobody tells me what i have to pay. For me its not a joke for newbies --they can learn not to waste money.

June 27th, 2007, 11:45
I have never paid less than 700 B for someone I took off from a bar, more usually 1000. 700 would mean it was a disaster and it was his fault. I agree if you played a quickie in a bar, much less is exactly correct. I would not try taking someone to your nice hotel or condo, having sex, and paying 300 baht! Even a quickie. Even from the beach. Could be trouble. There are always exceptions. Say you know a hungry guy who you are friends with and you both agree he can come by anytime for a smoke and a small tip.

June 27th, 2007, 11:48
So, you think if a tourist walks into BBB, offs a boy, takes him back to his hotel for a couple hours of sex, and sends him off with 300 baht, he's not going to get a knife in the gut? You're doing people an enormous disservice by suggesting that bar boys are going to be anywhere near happy with 300 baht.

June 27th, 2007, 11:51
So, you think if a tourist walks into BBB, offs a boy, takes him back to his hotel for a couple hours of sex, and sends him off with 300 baht, he's not going to get a knife in the gut? You're doing people an enormous disservice by suggesting that bar boys are going to be anywhere near happy with 300 baht.
I agree. It would be like giving a baht bus driver ONE BAHT. Then you will really learn how "sane" these drivers really are.

I think Botting is pulling our third legs.

June 27th, 2007, 11:59
I think/hope so, too. I just hope no one reading this board believes him and actually tries it. I'm afraid we'd be reading about it on the front page of the Pattaya Mail the next morning.

June 27th, 2007, 12:35
[quote=boygeenyus][quote="John Botting":14jr3m98]300 Baht short time.

I hope this is a joke.

He's an estate agent, what more do you expect![/quote:14jr3m98]

I am NOT. I am a publisher of a real estate magazine and owner of a real estate website. Get it right please :geek:[/quote:14jr3m98]

Ok. so now we know that not only are estate agents skinflints but also publishers of real estate magazines and websites are also skinflints. :bounce:

June 27th, 2007, 13:16
To those readers out there who do not live in Pattaya or Thailand anywhere.
Perhaps your wondering about what appears to be mindless chattering, bickering, advice giving, and strong opinion giving in this thread. But most of all, I'm guessing, you might be thinking that full time living in Thailand affects ones mind. Are you thinking, do these blocks not have a life? If Thailand is such a nice place to live, why do so many sit at a keyboard and discuss trivial oddities such as off fees, the correct length of long time and other minutia? Are you thinking their lives are empty and meaningless if this passes as 'living' in Thailand.

I have a confession to make. We hope you get that impression. You see, we love it here. But more importantly, we don't like competition. You read about our miserable lives and conclude its not the life for you. Therefore, less competion for us who live here. We can continue, unimpeded, paying what we think are fair fees according to our imcomes and savings.

Low season is the time for me. Low season is the time to be, in Thailand.

June 27th, 2007, 13:28
Boogy,
Yes, indeed. Low season rocks.
But I am not bluffing. In Thailand, I never count minutes.

x in pattaya
June 27th, 2007, 21:24
To those readers out there who do not live in Pattaya or Thailand anywhere.
...why do so many sit at a keyboard and discuss trivial oddities

I live in Pattaya and still wonder why I do it.
There are times when I think Pattaya must actually be more than one place, each lying on nearly parallel planes but, like those Spot-The-Differences drawings on the cartoon page, each having slight variations.

I'm very sure I'm living in a different Pattaya from the one some people describe.

Maybe it's a case requiring Agents Scully and Mulder ... a proper X-File case.

June 27th, 2007, 21:47
In the past I met several 300 Baht payers. Few of them went home in a bag with a zip on. It's like you pick up some at Victoria station make a short time with him and give him 5 pounds. Honestly some foreigners come to Thailand and live out their miserable life. It have to be fair. What a boy can buy for 300 Baht? 2 Bottle Heineken in a Pub! I getting sick of this cheap Charly's they come over here and think they have some Money in the pocket. 5 Baht Tip and complain the waiter that he is so slow and speaks no english. I get sick of this kind of foreigners hanging at the beach and complaining this and thus. Having dinner in the Dusit saturday. Spending over 1000 Baht and went back to Sunee and make sex in the toilet. Complaining the boy is no good, he wants to much money, paying 100 baht and smiling stupid when they get rid with that. 6 Euro, 8 USD, 4 UKPD pay for sex this discusting.

June 27th, 2007, 22:39
I getting sick of this cheap Charly's they come over here and think they have some Money in the pocket. 5 Baht Tip and complain the waiter that he is so slow and speaks no english. I get sick of this kind of foreigners hanging at the beach and complaining this and thus. Having dinner in the Dusit saturday. Spending over 1000 Baht and went back to Sunee and make sex in the toilet. Complaining the boy is no good, he wants to much money, paying 100 baht and smiling stupid when they get rid with that. 6 Euro, 8 USD, 4 UKPD pay for sex this discusting.

The typical Pattaya resident/visitor described to perfection.

June 28th, 2007, 00:58
For ST, i go for 700 in sunee (legal age of course), & 800 in BT, i deduct 100 for poor service or if the guy didnt not do what was discussed.
From the beach or street, i give 500, & if im not really interested, & they normally start negotiating, where again from sp or bt bars its usually 500, a guy even went down to 300 last trip on his own terms.

Knowing many of the expat locals who are making their pensions stretch each month, & not wanting to tread on theirs toes, these are the prices that they consider the 'norm' & accepted.

There have been qoutes on here of some locals paying even less than what is consider the norm, but its not done dubiously, its conducted all up front before the off has even happened, apparently.

Pay more if you like, but does this only increase the 'cum, blow & go' attitude, where their hand is outstreached waiting for payment even before you pants are back on! Remember one day also you might be on limited funds............

If you think your paying too much each time, but find it hard to go back on your standards, why not try the above rates & see what the persons reaction is, i've never had a problem with it, & its mainly an opionon on this board that the rates are higher & the service less than before, but i couldnt comment on this.

I sometimes get asked for 100 more than the above, & will usually give it.

June 28th, 2007, 01:21
Monk,
I think 1000 baht has become tourist standard because thats what comes out of the ATMs and most tourists don't have much change. If you want to tip 700 and you don't have the change, try asking for change. That would be hilarious!

June 28th, 2007, 08:49
There are lots of young men who will accept 300 baht without a problem. Just tell them before hand what you will pay.
It maybe useless to negotiate what he will and will not do in the privacy of your room, or condo. And to those who pay 700 baht and up for what they say was poor service in bed, if you pay him full price for less than stellar service, you are telling him he can shortchange others and still make a living. DON"T encourage poor performance. In the end, we all will suffer by letting them get away with it. Been there, done that.
Fact: There is little violence from bar boys/men against farang customers. Treat them with respect but be firm about payment.
To those who think they owe the sex workers a high 'tip' because they are poor and not making money in the low season - There is always other work for these people. After all, not every Thai in Pattaya/Bkk works in that industry. They CHOOSE this profession.

June 28th, 2007, 10:12
DELETED

mj_87-old
June 28th, 2007, 11:39
What about hooking up with a free lancer for a couple weeks at a time? I have been to Pattaya a few times and I tend to meet a guy and we hang out together for 2-3 weeks. What would be considered a fair amount of money to pay the guy?

Typically if the guy wants to stay with me fine if not that is also fine. I generally have taken them out shopping and bought them a few things, taken them out to dinner or for the night life and they usually spend the 5 or 6 nights a week with me. Often we go our separate ways during the day...and hook up later in the afternoon or evening.

In the past I have paid the guys 5000-6000 Baht a week plus and tip at the end of my trip (most of the trips have been during the slow months).

What do other people pay for 2-3 weeks hook ups?

June 28th, 2007, 12:44
I have to admit that I can't tell if your for real ( a real jerk ) or you just putting us on with your comments.
Damn, I wish I knew. Ha hahahahahh

June 28th, 2007, 12:46
DELETED

June 28th, 2007, 12:48
MONKLEIGH,you are doing the right thing by deducting 100 baht for poor service or not as was agreed to.

What you people DONT UNDERSTAND,because most of you are halfwits,is you get a quote/price BEFORE you go with the prostitute,BEFORE YOU GO,so theres no probs on price.
Usually i didnt pay over 300 baht short time,my long time is about 4 hours which i pay 500 baht up depending on the prostitute.
I even had one guy for 100 baht for short time which again for me is less than a hour.
Now this is what happens,after the filthy prostitute has finished with you he will ask you for a additional 100 baht "tip",so what you do is you can buy a "template" copy i have had made written in Thai language which has spaces for you to write the price and circle any services you want,english is written next to the thai.Then you get the thai pro to sign it,and theres no problems,

What an excellent idea billy. Please can you post the template here for those interested to use it? It would be a service to many board members here i am sure.

Yes, please. It sounds very romantic.

June 28th, 2007, 20:07
Oy vey!
Please don't start doing that. Ruins whatever romance and mystery there is left in it. I would rather have a wank!

June 28th, 2007, 22:28
Paradise lost.
I seriously think it is a very bad trend to introduce the concept of CLOCK WATCHING to our playmates here.
Might as well be Amsterdam or New York.
The Thai whoring culture has been different and it has been good. Don't fuck it up!!!!

June 29th, 2007, 07:51
I'm very excited by this great new idea. Can anyone recommend a lawyer in Pattaya who could help put together a legal contract that would actually stand up in court? How about a notarial service, that would witness and certify the bar boy's signature on such an agreement?

Finally, we're going to get what we deserve for our 300 baht! Hallelujah!

June 29th, 2007, 10:56
a novel concept - a legal document to cover an illegal act. should make prosecutions for prostitution easy.

June 29th, 2007, 13:17
Well dont you agree that the customer and the prostitute should know what is expected before they go off together.
This saves the knife in the back for the 300 baht.

You will find some service boys that you cant get out of your door,and some who try to make you cum as quick as possible so they can leave with your money.

dunno where find some service boys for 300 baht that may some of the glue sniffers