PDA

View Full Version : My Recent Bangkok Trip Report

adman5000
June 24th, 2007, 05:22
I just returned from a couple of weeks in Thailand and am posting my Bangkok observations.

Overall, I found it to be very quiet. But I like this time of year for that reason. There are still plenty of boys to choose from and bar hopping is easier and better due to the lack of crowds. Of course it is a bit more crowded on Friday- Sunday.

I decided to visit both my favorites as well as some bars that I had not been to in a while. I also wanted to visit some of the massage places that I had not been to in a while. I find this balances out the day. Please keep in mind that everyones tastes are different and my comments reflect mine. I prefer muscular guys with a relaxed personality who will do whatever what I want.

Massage Places - I visited B&N, Allbury, Hero, and Adonis. I visited Adonis first and thought they had a nice selection of guys. The guy I chose gave a great massage and was affectionate as well. A very sweet boy. As I was leaving I spotted a guy that massaged me before who was just coming in and gave a great massage, spoke good English, and has one of the better bodies there. This gave me an excuse to return another day and I then arranged for him to return with me to my hotel for a more relaxed massage. I find it difficult to know when to come to these places for the best selection as different boys seem to start at different times.

On another day I went to Allbury and after some trekking arrived there on foot. It is a bit more of a challenge to find as it is on a more residential Soi. It is on the right fork as you walk down Soi 11 and I did not spot any obvious signs so it may be better to go by taxi. I was the only customer in the late afternoon and there were 6-8 boys. I was the only customer in the late afternoon. I chose the boy with the most appealing body/face to me and offed him to my hotel again as I find that more relaxed. It is tough to know the personalities from a quick conversation, but it was not a good indicator when we hailed a taxi and he jumped into the front seat instead of the back. He did an OK job on everything I wanted but I would not use him again. I returned on another day in the late afternoon and although it had been raining, there were still more guys than the first time. Also some with better bodies than the first visit. There were two other customers in the late afternoon. I didn't find anything to my liking so I went to Hero. I like the layout of Hero as I feel a bit like a voyeur as I watch the boys inside the Gym working out. There were about 10 guys of various types. Two or three were intent on catching your attention and the rest seemed to care less and were more engaged in conversation with their buddies. There were 3 other customers and more in the bar and it was around 5pm. I decided to pass and did not get a massage. But I would come back here as there were many good looking guys and it seemed like they might be university students.

On another day it was off to B&N. I only found one guy here who I was attracted to and arranged for a visit to my hotel. He said he went to massage school and could give a nice strong massage but his massage was not that great but we still had fun. I would still try here on another day or at a different time. It is near the BTS so it makes it easy to get to.

BARS

I wanted to check-out the new Screwboys and was thoroughly disappointed at the quality of the dancers. I was not attracted to anyone. Before at the old Screwboys there had been some fun guys with good bodies but I didn't see that this time. But the boys might be attractive to others, but they weren't to me. There also seemed to be a lot fewer boys on the night I visited than the old Screwboys.

I stuck my head into Fresh Boyz and there were a few boys dancing but no one attractive enough to me to warrant staying so I continued on to the other bars in Patpong.

I visited Future Boys and always feel they have a great selection and good dancer rotation timing. I always off some boys from here. Weekends are busy but I found few customers on weeknights. I found them a bit more pushy this time but business was obviously off as one night as they closed customers were leaving and not offing any boys. But I still dislike the Mamasans seeking tips, the waiters pushing to buy drinks for the boys(I prefer to tip the boys directly), and some of the boys I'm not talking to seeking tips. I spend my money offing not on handing out tips to everybody. But part of the problem is that they recognize me so they will sit and talk a bit more. This is still a great bar but I think I enjoyed and liked Dreamboys better on this visit but both have many handsome and friendly boys.

I also visited Solid Bar and always enjoy the more relaxed atmosphere here and the playful personality of the boys. The drink prices are also reasonable here so you can invite some boys to your table and not go bankrupt. The mamasan Lek is always helpful and attentive but not pushy. There were some very willing boys here the night I visited and they were having a great time teasing me about what they wanted to do. I have always found the boys from this bar to do what they say. But I was meeting another friend later so I did not off anyone that night.

I also visited Tawan and always enjoy this bar. While many of the guys may be a bit too big for some, I always manage to find someone I like. I offed a guy that was not too big but solid as a rock and found his service to be 100% satisfactory and a great easy going personality. He was willing to do everything I asked and he did at the hotel what he said he would do at the bar without hesitation. My advice to others is to talk to the Mamasan or a few boys here that speak some English. Tell them what you want and like and you can generally get a good match. I know some of the boys so I ask them on the side and they are always helpful and truthful, plus they then tell the boy what I like and a bit about me. I will always continue to visit this bar. I went during the weeknights and early before any shows and found only a few customers and the boys in a more playful mood. I think it is a good bar where you can always find someone interesting and satisfying. But you have to speak out and tell or ask. I find the small investment in time well worth it to ensure I am happy.

I visited Dreamboys several times. This is my favorite bar. Mr Joe the mamasan is a great and funny guy who you can actually enjoy talking with. He is helpful to me and always tells me about the new boys. He also has a great eye for talent as I am always happy with the boys I off from here. They were usually crowded so you can see they must be doing something right. They also rearranged the seating a bit and added some so it should help. There are many attractive boys here and I offed several different ones on various nights and had a great time with each. I also stayed for their show and found it entertaining, amusing, and enjoyable. I usually head the other way when the hawkers tell me there is a show in 5 minutes but I actually enjoyed the Dreamboy show.

I wanted to visit Jupiter but it will have to wait until the next trip as I never made it. I asked a few boys if they still had great looking guys there and a good show and they said yes.

I also found a lot of action at Silom Shopping complex. I did not partake, but it was more obvious than I had previously encountered. I was approached in the mall and in the bathroom as well, and in adjacent walking areas. The boys that approached me were very cute but for various safety reasons I prefer to off from bars where I know the staff. The same goes for Lumpini Park, I had several guys scoping me out and wanting to make contact. I had this happen before, but it was only ladyboys. This time there were several handsome guys around dusk.

I also heard some other visitors talking about Babylon. I have not visited but perhaps I'll do that my next trip as well. For any of you reading this, is this worthwhile for a middle-aged, somewhat overweight farang? IF so, when is the best time to go?

Thailand is going through some tough economic times. Tourism is off by a least a third in my opinion and it seemed the unhappiness with the military is growing as a result. I noticed the people on the street were talking about it more than during my previous visit which was post-coup. However, I find this an excellent time of the year to visit. While the exchange is not as good as it was, it is still cheap. I also enjoy when I can have a near 100% chance of offing someone I like when I see them and they need the business. So go enjoy if you are able to do so.

Smiles
June 24th, 2007, 06:33
Big thanks for your efforts in sharing your experiences & opinions Adman. Much appreciated.

Cheers ...

sydneyboy
June 24th, 2007, 07:41
Thank you Adman for your report. Could you tell me are the boys in the go go bars wearing thongs or shorts or worse are they forced to wear T shirts?

As for the massage places I have found Hero to be the best by the widest possible margin. Any other comments on massage venues appreciated.

adman5000
June 24th, 2007, 08:03
All the places I went to had the boys wearing shorts and almost all were shirtless.

Another place for massage which was recommended but which I did not make it to is Aqua Spa off Sathorn.

TrongpaiExpat
June 24th, 2007, 08:17
Nice report adman. Sounds like you had a good time. I also think the Dream Boy show is good and yes, as far as mama-sans go Khun Joe is ok.

Screw boys has moved again back to the original location.

You seem to be going to the massage venues too early. Bangkok is a working/school town and there are more choices after 1800 Mon. to Thurs and weekends, anytime. Many, are students, or so they say.

You can take a moto-cy taxi from BTS Nana to get to Hero or Albury for 10 to 20 Baht.

Babylon is a little more quiet in the summer season too. Seems like more and more Farangs are finding there way to Babylon. Still, you can meet some guys but more often than not now they are Asian Tourists.