View Full Version : cottages on a hill in PhiPhi

donald1
June 22nd, 2007, 18:26
We will be visiting Phi Phi next month and last time we were there (prior to the tsunami) we found some great one bedroom cottages up on the hill up the street near the pier. They were still under construction at the time but had a few open, very sweet, decent and fairly priced. Does anyone know these cottages such as a name or website? If not could anyone recommend something similar? Thanks....

TrongpaiExpat
June 22nd, 2007, 22:53
My BF is a Phuket tsunami survivor so he would appreciate the "up the hill" description. He will not stay in a bungalow by the sea. The up side to that is that when we travel it saves me money. I have not been to Pi Pi since the tsunami. Anyone with recent information would be nice.

June 23rd, 2007, 01:57
We will be visiting Phi Phi next month and last time we were there (prior to the tsunami) we found some great one bedroom cottages up on the hill up the street near the pier. They were still under construction at the time but had a few open, very sweet, decent and fairly priced. Does anyone know these cottages such as a name or website? If not could anyone recommend something similar? Thanks....

I found the small Islands always rather boring and only good to finish some books. It might be a paradise for people who are in diving or snorkelling. It’s wise having some companion onside before entering the island.

There is not much gay live going on.

All the islands can get pretty expensive since everything need to be shipped over from somewhere. This is one reason why building up damaged houses takes so long.

Tsunami should be the very least thing to worry about since Thailand is a pretty safe location. Tsunamis very rarely happened; dying on road or by lightning is more likely. And the new warnings systems is working nicely now. The officials learned there lessons and will not ignore warnings anymore as happened in 2004.