PDA

View Full Version : Narai hotel Silom Bangkok

June 22nd, 2007, 04:01
Does anyone know about Narai hotel in Silom, Bangkok?
Do they have any problem with taking your boyfriend to your room?
Thanks for the information.
Hans from Holland.

June 22nd, 2007, 14:31
Hans from Holland.
Stayed there about three years ago. Had no problem taking in 'guests' then but being a str8ish hotel got some funny and disapproving looks from other guests.
I did find that the place was expensive for what you get.
Much prefer the Tarntawan Place Hotel for around the same price and definately NO problem with boyfriends there ! Also it is much nearer the 'action' in the Patpong area and Soi Twilight.

June 22nd, 2007, 14:59
and do you know about Unico Grande hotel (former: Tower Inn) hotel?

June 22nd, 2007, 15:25
No problems from staff. Full of naff Aussie tour groups who'll sneer down their chav noses at your breakfast guest who won't notice.

June 22nd, 2007, 17:28
Sorry - No

lonelywombat
June 22nd, 2007, 18:20
Last year I could not get a booking at Tower Inn and getting desperate accepted Narai.

I had had a previous bad experience with Narai refusing a boy admission, and then a big argument

about "laundry' which was their name for a "visitor fee'

My stay last year was marred by the Chinese tour groups that had virtually taken over the Narai

The swimming pool is on the South /East side of the hotel and is in shade for most of the afternoon period

I have since used the Sofitel Silom and liked it a great deal. [using www.asiarooms.com (http://www.asiarooms.com)]

Tower Inn has been my choice for 15 years but is too often booked out and you get inferior rooms, even though

you are a frequent guest. My advice is look for an alternative

June 22nd, 2007, 23:38
for oct/nov they still have rooms in Unico Grande, a Thai suite, it looks nice, so ypu think that will be a good choice, better than Narai?

June 23rd, 2007, 01:44
Hans from Holland.

the next door Triple Two Hotel is very gay friendly indeed. It is a fine, farily new (about 5 years old) boutique hotel, same owners as the Narai.

More details: www.tripletwosilom.com (http://www.tripletwosilom.com)

The Narai Silom is popular with tour groups.

They don't like gay guests at all.

June 23rd, 2007, 02:39
triple two silom looks great, but is far more expensive than Unico Grande.
Thanks for your information. I thinks the best for me is to book Unico Grande.

June 23rd, 2007, 06:43

Stayed at Tower Inn several times, always with bf. Gay friendly, no problems with staff or guests. Great roof-top pool and restaurant. Very convenient for Skytrain, shops and Silom/Patpong gay bars. Recommended.

TrongpaiExpat
June 23rd, 2007, 11:00

Stayed at Tower Inn several times, always with bf. Gay friendly, no problems with staff or guests. Great roof-top pool and restaurant. Very convenient for Skytrain, shops and Silom/Patpong gay bars. Recommended.

Isn't this always the case some love a particular place, others hate it.

I have stayed at the Hotel when it was the Tower three different times and hated it for the following reasons:

Room are big but a lot of wasted space.

Worn musty carpet in the rooms not renovated.

Uncomfortable beds.

Noisy air conditioner.

Could hear the guy in the next room having sex by the numbers.

did not like breakfast.

did not like the pool, the walk way around it was too narrow and when I was there it was full of families.

Had a problem the bell boy and the hotel taxi when checking out.

We got askew looks from tour package Fred and Ethel types.

June 23rd, 2007, 14:51
But how long ago was it. The hotel bas been renovated recently.

June 23rd, 2007, 16:06
triple two silom looks great, but is far more expensive than Unico Grande.
Thanks for your information. I thinks the best for me is to book Unico Grande.

The Unico Grande is very gay friendly. Ignore the sign at lobby showing 500 TBT joiners fee and smile all the way up to your room.
Try to get a room at the upper floors; some come with stunning views. The rood top pool area is also attractivce.

TrongpaiExpat
June 23rd, 2007, 20:13
But how long ago was it. The hotel bas been renovated recently.

Yes, it was a few years ago. They had renovated some of the floors then.

Still, I don't like the place. I do like the Tartawan, the Pinnacle for the price, Vincent's for price and location and even the Malaysia has it charms as a lower end hotel.

In my opinion, either the Pinnacle (Jimmy's price) or Vincent's are the best value for what you get. I also hear the Rose has now been renovated, a former short time hotel.

Ignore the sign at lobby showing 500 TBT joiners fee and smile

What? is there really a sign like this? And, this is gay friendly?

June 23rd, 2007, 21:11

You really should get over your persecution complex.

Any hotel that advertises a joiners fee will apply it whether you take a girl or a boy back to your room.

They are hardly being 'gay unfriendly'.

TrongpaiExpat
June 23rd, 2007, 21:57

Any hotel that advertises a joiners fee will apply it whether you take a girl or a boy back to your room.

They are hardly being 'gay unfriendly'.

I should have said unfriendly to those who meet men, women, bisexuals, transsexuals--both pre op and post, and any other person(s) who's sexual identity is not specified and take said person(s) back to their hotel for personal reasons not limited to sex for payment, favors or just for fun But that was a mouth-full. I guess I could have said just person unfriendly but since this is a gay board, I said gay unfriendly, so shoot me!

June 23rd, 2007, 23:47
[quote="TrongpaiExpat"[, so shoot me![/quote]

:blackknight:

June 23rd, 2007, 23:49

They are hardly being 'gay unfriendly'.[/quote

The sign is clearly mounted at to wall behind receptionist’s desk. I know the hotel since many years but I have never ever been asked to pay the fee.

A good alternative is the Trinity Silom Hotel which is located at a Soi 5 just off Silom; impressive standard, very good value for money and definitely gay friendly.

More details: www.trinitycorp.com/html/trinity_silom_hotel.html (http://www.trinitycorp.com/html/trinity_silom_hotel.html)

Ignore the rates shown on hotel web sites; prices are usually wishful thinking unless they offer special internet rates. Compare always with a good travel agent or an reliable agent like: asiarooms.com