PDA

View Full Version : Thaksin and Sven the new dynamic duo

June 22nd, 2007, 00:56
It's looking like Thaksin has finally achieved another ambition and got himself a British football club news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/6225312.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/6225312.stm)

Marsilius
June 22nd, 2007, 01:11
"I looked around last week and I love it. The ground is well-designed and big - suitable not just for football but for other activities as well." - Thaksin.

So no doubt we will soon see muay thai, beach volleyball and ladyboy lip-synching contests at the stadium, too.

June 22nd, 2007, 12:47
i believe there are plans for a new airport at the stadium too?

June 22nd, 2007, 15:23
Yep and round up anyone who looks suspicious, put them in the stadium and let the police bump them off (as they try to escape) with the threat that they will lose their jobs if they don't remove a certain number each month. He can also start pee testing all the supporters I'm sure the guys from that area will just love to piss in a little paper cup................The guys a criminal and should be locked up, but even in England I'm afraid money talks!

June 22nd, 2007, 15:28
I don't think this will come to pass. It reeks of his usual tactics.

June 22nd, 2007, 17:41
I understand when he gets 75% of the shares he can de-list the club from the stock exchange and avoid the exchange's stringent regulations regarding stock dealing and financial regulations concerning companies listed on the exchange. He will then have unfettered control of the club's finances without the need to seek approval from the remaining shareholders.

Looks to me like another money-making enterprise for the Shinawatra family.

Man City are going to rue the day they agreed to accept his bid.

Aunty
June 22nd, 2007, 19:51
I wonder if he'll allow the footballers' to be offed?

Marsilius
June 22nd, 2007, 19:56
If so, the rules of football will need to be changed to accommodate not only full time and half time but also short time.

June 22nd, 2007, 19:56
No money making enterprise here. Simply about making sure of his UK "work permit" and ability to stay long term in case things in LOS dont go the way he has planned.

June 22nd, 2007, 21:24
No money making enterprise here. Simply about making sure of his UK "work permit" and ability to stay long term in case things in LOS dont go the way he has planned.
You could be right but I think that he already has his permission to stay indefinately in the UK assured otherwise why would he have bought an expensive property in London?

Another reason for the purchase of Man City will be to massage his ego and boost his reputation amongst the rural poor in Thailand.

I still maintain however that given his dodgy business reputation and record there is some money-making enterprise, fiddle or scam involved as the long-term aim of the purchase and that's why I say that Man City will rue the day.