PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions and advice.....

bucknaway
June 20th, 2007, 08:53
Hello! I am in a mood to share some good advice

Tip #1 Bring a light sweater or jacket with you into a gogo bar. Many times you will find that the guy you are talking to is chilled by the air-conditioner. He wants to put on some clothes but since he is working and can't get dressed, you can let him wear the sweater over his shoulders and you will know you did your good deed for the day.

Be sure to get your sweater back before you send him back to the stage. :)

Smiles
June 20th, 2007, 10:00
' ... Tip #1 Bring a light sweater or jacket with you into a gogo bar. Many times you will find that the guy you are talking to is chilled by the air-conditioner ... "
And that advice goes triple for movie theatres throughout Thailand. Sit in one of those frigidaires for 2 hours in just a short-sleeve shirt and your testicles will be hiding way up beside your upper intestine, where it's warm & cozy. No apres-filum sex for you! The coldest one has got to be the cinema multiplex in MBK, Bangkok.

Take a jacket or sweater to the movies!! ... you've been warned.

Cheers ...

Aunty
June 20th, 2007, 15:13
Hello! I am in a mood to share some good advice

Tip #1 Bring a light sweater or jacket with you into a gogo bar. Many times you will find that the guy you are talking to is chilled by the air-conditioner. He wants to put on some clothes but since he is working and can't get dressed, you can let him wear the sweater over his shoulders and you will know you did your good deed for the day.

Be sure to get your sweater back before you send him back to the stage. :)

No don't recommend that, Bucknaway, well at least not on this board if you get my drift. Edith tried that once and the boy was confused as to why she [Edith] wanted him to wear her tent.

June 20th, 2007, 17:13
And that advice goes triple for movie theatres throughout Thailand.
The coldest one has got to be the cinema multiplex in MBK, Bangkok.

Take a jacket or sweater to the movies!! ... you've been warned.

Second (third and fourth) that !. Haven't been to MBK in BKK but the multiplex cinema at Big C must be one of the coldest places in Pattaya. It's fffffing freezing - so bad I had to leave mid-film because I could not stop the uncontrollable shivering.

painai2
June 20th, 2007, 20:18
If you choose the VIP seating at MBK cinema in Bangkok, blankets are provided with your seat.

x in pattaya
June 20th, 2007, 21:03
Sit in one of those frigidaires for 2 hours in just a short-sleeve shirt and your testicles will be hiding way up beside your upper intestine,

Generally if I wear a short-sleeve shirt to a theater, it's my arms that get cold. I'd sure like to see a snapshot of you dressed for the cinema.

catawampuscat
June 21st, 2007, 11:56
I find long pants, like bluejeans and a shirt with sleeves usually enough in the cinemas. also a good time to wear socks
and shoes/sneakers. I have one friend who brings a sweater but he also rides a motorbike and it can get cool riding at
high speeds on backroads.

If you remember you are not going to the beach, you should be okay but if you chill easily by all means bring an extra shirt
or cotton sweater. The boys know better than to go out at nite in their beach shorts and sandals without socks. :cat:

TrongpaiExpat
June 21st, 2007, 12:11
Yes, MBK is a refrigerator. The place is getting up there in age and the thermostats have long bit the dust. Now, if you willing to pay a little more the newer places like the Emporium, Paragon and Esplanade are comfortable. Not only is the temperature just right the seats are comfortable.

Last month at the Esplanade they tried taking every ones cell phones at the door and gave receipts. It seems that some people just can't do without taking phone calls during a movie or doing text messaging. The reclaim process was a bottle neck and now they seem to have abandoned the idea.

Another point, off topic a bit, don't use the taxi stand at the ground floor at MBK. There are loads of taxies waiting and it seems few want to turn on ther meter. Go out on the street.

June 21st, 2007, 12:15
They should just install signal blocking devices in the theaters. They're readily available.