PDA

View Full Version : thailand in october?

June 20th, 2007, 01:55
hi there heading 2 thailand in october....whats the weather like then? were is the best place 2 go/...been 2 pattaya been there done that... thinking off heading 2 vietnam for a few days ..thanks guys xxxxxx

thanatorn-old
June 20th, 2007, 02:09
I've been to LOS a couple of times in October. Not my preferential time of the year but that's when my annual leave falls. I always found the weather a bit cooler and expect rain just about everyday, at some point in the day. The last time i was in Phuket and it rained day and night continuously for three days. i think the further south the more chance of rain. Pattaya was better weather wise but when it rained it really rained and leaves a good foot or two of water in the streets for a couple of hours - so just sit in the pub and enjoy when it does rain.

Smiles
June 20th, 2007, 03:05
" ... but when it rained it really rained and leaves a good foot or two of water in the streets for a couple of hours - so just sit in the pub and enjoy when it does rain ... "
. . . and develop a chronic case of 'Foot-in-Pub' disease?

Cheers ...

June 20th, 2007, 03:56
hi there heading 2 thailand in october....whats the weather like then? were is the best place 2 go/...been 2 pattaya been there done that... thinking off heading 2 vietnam for a few days ..thanks guys xxxxxx

Was in Thailand last October, and the weather was reasonable...rain most days, but over in an hour or two, and plenty warm. I visited Chang Mai and Phuket in addition to Bangkok and Pattaya, and had a great time at all of them. I also spend seven days in Saigon, and enjoyed it, but would suggest about 3 days max in Saigon. I want to visit Hanoi next time.

I will be in Pattaya in October, so stay in touch, and if you come to Pattaya we can have a drink.

June 20th, 2007, 08:59
I have found that December and January are the best months. Less humid and less hot.
Someone once said, Thailand, equally intolerable in Summer and Winter.
But Dec. and Jan. are not that bad.

bucknaway
June 20th, 2007, 09:08
I plan to return to Thailand in October. When I was there last October, I didn't encounter much rain at all.

I imagine that in November, December and January the places are flooded with vacationers and retired folk avoiding the cold.

June 21st, 2007, 08:25
In Oct I'd advise sticking to the main tourist areas where you'll only have a few short but torrential downpours to worry about. I would NOT suggest traveling to the sticks as that's when they play the "monkey cheeks" game and a lot of provinces get flooded and roads washed out.

Uranus
June 21st, 2007, 12:53
... any time of the year in MHO.

June 21st, 2007, 12:59
Have you considered Gran Canaria as an alternate destination? It's much nicer than Thailand, or so I hear.

x in pattaya
June 21st, 2007, 18:50
Have you considered Gran Canaria as an alternate destination? It's much nicer than Thailand, or so I hear.

You'll probably generate hurt feelings if you leave out Manchester as well. It's just gaining traction as a winter getaway, but for trail blazers this may be just the time to break new ground.

June 22nd, 2007, 05:25
well thanks guys x hope 2 go 2 phuket and a few of the islands in second week in october... might be looking for a local guy then..if u know a good on pls xx maxx