PDA

View Full Version : The Devil wears sandals ...

Smiles
June 17th, 2007, 19:46
Heaven knows I've been a good boy lately: hardly ever let the name H escape my typing finger these days.

My thoughts these days run to timetable logistics, approaching flights, condo-hunting, communication difficulties with quietly anxious aging parents who are not interested in ( new-fangled!! :dontknow: ) email thingmajigs and ( new-fangled!! :dontknow: ) cell phone complications one iota. I worry ~ ( 'needlessly', he said ) ~ about a relationship which is about to morph ~ ( 'seamlessly', I said ) ~ from a 6-week-at-a-time framework to 8 months of potential live-in hell with a tightassed farang.

But yet, Smiles still has "issues" apparently. Still is in the thoughts of those long-ignored. It's nice to be loved: http://www.baht-stop.com/forums/index.p ... entry10872 (http://www.baht-stop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2144&pid=10872&st=0&#entry10872) . . . but frankly, is that all there is? A petulant pussy playing with words, bolding the name 'S-M-I-L-E-S' out of an awkward and hokey attempt at some obscure satirical point.

Baht-Stop has it's interesting posts. I'm hardly averse to reading it. But really ... what's wrong with these people? I mean ... when the Admin of a message board calls all the members 'a bunch of pricks' then I guess it's reasonable to make commentary about it on other Boards (if for nothing else than a good guffaw). But shirley comparing a smile to a beelzebub is a tadpole beyond the pail.

And aside: don't you think that "Buncha Pricks" outburst was positively inspired!?. Outlandish, idiosyncratic, media savvy, almost Seattle Punk in it's shockingly unexpected spontaneity . . . and all because of a thread which really wasn't that all that bad! I mean, no one was calling anybody else a Nazi, or a Bush-lover, for pete's sake. I was totally gob-smacked. And LIKED it!
ElephantSpike is the WWW/gay/Admin reincarnation of Sid Vicious! :cheers:

Beloved of Sawatdee:

http://www.photodump.com/direct/sawatdee/sidVicious1Artlist.jpg

Cheers ....

x in pattaya
June 18th, 2007, 21:43
"is a bit beyond the pail. "

Which bucket are you referring to?

As you well know, I am the absolute last person to draw attention to a "typing error," but possibly you meant to write,

" is a bit beyond the pale?" "Pale" in this instance, comes from palus, a stake, which would form part of a fence.

See, you don't even need to travel all the way over to the Baht Bus to get gob-smacked by a petulant pussy!

Smiles
June 18th, 2007, 21:47
Play on words ... I meant it. Funny, hahahah ... get it. Shirley!!

God ... have you come back to the Board after all these years just to annoy folks over minor stuff. Think I'll start another Board :geek:

Cheers ...

x in pattaya
June 18th, 2007, 21:55
"about a relationship which is about to morph ~ ( 'seamlessly', I said ) ~ from a 6-week-at-a-time framework to 8 months of potential live-in hell with a tightassed farang. "

"God ... have you come back to the Board after all these years just to annoy folks over minor stuff. "

Everything here qualifies as "minor stuff," and yes annoying people is what I do. Apparently numerous people will have to learn to cope with the tight-assed farang.

Love,
Shirley

June 19th, 2007, 00:59
X was the most memorable poster in the history of this forum. Smart,sharp and quick to decapitate.

I will have to review the archives to refresh my memory as it has been years.

As long as hedda doesn't make a reappearance, we should all be ok, even homintern. :compress:

*thanks to a reputable source for confirming, X , has in fact returned. I have edited my original posting.

June 19th, 2007, 01:46
Apparently numerous people will have to learn to cope with the tight-assed farang.

Love,
Shirley

Hi Shirley, I hope you will forgive the fact that I do not know you from your previous spell at the forum, as it was obviously one in which you enjoyed quite some fame. You have already made a big impression on me by describing yourself as a "tight assed farang", because if that is true, you will certainly be someone that is extremely rare around this place. That is unless you are meaning of course that by being tight arsed, you are ki ni ow. If that were the case, instead of being someone rare, it would place you into the dime a dozen catorgory, which would come as a disappointment for me to learn.

Choc Dee Shirley, I look forward to seeing more of your posts and if your reputation is all it is made out to be, no doubt cutting myself on your tongue at some point in the not too distant future, or be feeling my head being removed from the top of my shoulders http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

G. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Peace.gif

bkkguy
June 19th, 2007, 01:51
"Pale" in this instance, comes from palus, a stake, which would form part of a fence.

one so obviously beyond the pale usually has a greater interest in the phallus than the palus and the only stake one has is in fencing copy watches on the beach!

bkkguy

colmx
June 19th, 2007, 06:39
As per X's post... I think the term "beyone the pale" originates from Ireland...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pale

The Pale was a region around dublin in the middle ages from where the English settlers tried to control the country

Anyone from "beyond the pale" was considered to be a savage that nobody from within the pale would want to know

The funny thing is that this tribal instinct still exists to this day... People in Dublin consider everyone outside Dublin to be a savage (muck-savage!)

People from outside Dublin - consider the Dubs to be "west-Brits" ie. Collaborators!

x in pattaya
June 19th, 2007, 11:17
"Hi Shirley, I hope you will forgive the fact that I do not know you from your previous spell at the forum, as it was obviously one in which you enjoyed quite some fame. You have already made a big impression on me by describing yourself as a "tight assed farang", "

Well, we seem to be knee-deep in confusion already.

The (self-described) tight-assed farang is the Doyenne of Discussion Boards himself, Smiles. He also referred to me as Shirley which is why I responded thus. I have no idea why either of us did that.

I was once somewhat acerbic and enjoyed crossing swords with Hedda in the days when I was not a full-time resident in Thailand. In fact, Hedda claimed that her full-time status gave her opinions some cachet unavailable to us lesser mortals. There certainly was little else to buttress her whining/whingeing.

I'm afraid that time has rendered me more mellow and I now have attained the exulted status of full-time farang-in-residence. The two may be related.

Can't really understand why anyone living in Thailand would want to spend much time on the message boards. Having been confined at home with a sore throat and cold for a few days, a fever-induced delirium may have driven me here, but now that I am feeling better I probably will disappear again. The only possible draw for me right now would be the opportunity to annoy Mr. Smiles (who I understand may be visiting Thailand on a more permanent basis soon, considering settling in Hat Yai or one of those frontier zones, if I'm not mistaken) and to induce an apoplectic paroxysm from the Colonel, speaking of tight-arsed individuals.

Smiles
June 19th, 2007, 11:22
" ... As per X's post... I think the term "beyone the pale" originates from Ireland ..."
There is certainly an Irish connection, but the phrase is older than that: http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-pal2.htm
(Kind of neat site actually ... check it out more closely).

" ... the opportunity to annoy Mr. Smiles (who I understand may be visiting Thailand on a more permanent basis soon, considering settling in Hat Yai or one of those frontier zones, if I'm not mistaken) and to induce an apoplectic paroxysm from the Colonel, speaking of tight-arsed individuals ... "
Two fuckups in one sentence ... even Hedda rarely came a cropper like that.

It's Hua Hin ... not Hat Yai (I know I know, all those damn names look alike)
[/*:m:4naog51j]
It's Khun Homo-intern ... not Herr Colonel[/*:m:4naog51j]

Cheers ...

x in pattaya
June 19th, 2007, 11:31
тАЬI look upon you, sir, as a man who has placed himself beyond the pale of society, by his most audacious, disgraceful, and abominable public conductтАЭ.

Maybe Dickens visited Pattaya before penning that.

x in pattaya
June 19th, 2007, 11:37
It's Hua Hin ... not Hat Yai (I know I know, all those damn names look alike)

Well you Americans sure get easily upset when we less sophisticated individuals make a mistake with these exotic geographic locations.

June 19th, 2007, 12:48
Well you Americans sure get easily upset when we less sophisticated individuals make a mistake with these exotic geographic locations.
Well, some of us Americans may get easily upset, but let's see how a Canadian (i.e. Smiles) reacts after you've slandered him as American. :-)

TrongpaiExpat
June 19th, 2007, 14:50
Canada is in North America. I have pretty much given up on saying when asked by a Thai , "where you from" by replying USA or United States and just give them what they want, a-mera-ka. Then trying to explain why I live in Thailand "in retirement" at such a young age (53) by Thai standards. One guy just told me I must be "nuts" to have left a good paying job in a-mera-ka.

June 19th, 2007, 15:33
"Hi Shirley, I hope you will forgive the fact that I do not know you from your previous spell at the forum, as it was obviously one in which you enjoyed quite some fame. You have already made a big impression on me by describing yourself as a "tight assed farang", "

Well, we seem to be knee-deep in confusion already.

The (self-described) tight-assed farang is the Doyenne of Discussion Boards himself, Smiles. He also referred to me as Shirley which is why I responded thus. I have no idea why either of us did that.

I was once somewhat acerbic and enjoyed crossing swords with Hedda in the days when I was not a full-time resident in Thailand. In fact, Hedda claimed that her full-time status gave her opinions some cachet unavailable to us lesser mortals. There certainly was little else to buttress her whining/whingeing.

I'm afraid that time has rendered me more mellow and I now have attained the exulted status of full-time farang-in-residence. The two may be related.

Can't really understand why anyone living in Thailand would want to spend much time on the message boards. Having been confined at home with a sore throat and cold for a few days, a fever-induced delirium may have driven me here, but now that I am feeling better I probably will disappear again. The only possible draw for me right now would be the opportunity to annoy Mr. Smiles (who I understand may be visiting Thailand on a more permanent basis soon, considering settling in Hat Yai or one of those frontier zones, if I'm not mistaken) and to induce an apoplectic paroxysm from the Colonel, speaking of tight-arsed individuals.

Hi x in pattaya, well I hope I have started of correctly this time. My apologies about all the confusement, but Smiles will have to take a large part of the blame for that.

Thank you for the little insight into the past that you gave me with regard to the forum and the infamous Hedda. I say infamous due to the many stories I have read about her since becoming a member of the forum.

I am glad that you have mellowed as you say since becoming a "full time farang in residence". Becoming more mellow is an example that others here could do a lot worse than by trying to emulate you.

I have to agree with you about not understanding why anyone living in Thailand would want to spend too much time on message boards, but as I am sure everyone is aware, it is a trap that one can easily fall into without a little self discipline. That said, I hope we can look forward to reading and enjoying some more of your posts, even if they are only written as a result of Smiles pending arrival. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

Choc Dee, http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Peace.gif

G.

June 19th, 2007, 17:43
In fact, Hedda claimed that her full-time status gave her opinions some cachet unavailable to us lesser mortals.

And surely, Shirley, she was right!... If you meant to say, 'cat shit.'

x in pattaya
June 19th, 2007, 19:23
Well, some of us Americans may get easily upset, but let's see how a Canadian (i.e. Smiles) reacts after you've slandered him as American. :-)

The only possible draw for me right now would be the opportunity to annoy Mr. Smiles (who I understand may be visiting Thailand on a more permanent basis soon, considering settling in Hat Yai or one of those frontier zones, if I'm not mistaken)...

Actually, I am an American and I am fully aware that Smiles is Canadian and that he will be blessing Hua Hin with his unique personality sooner than you can say "Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit." (or กรุงเทพมหานคร อมรรัตนโกสินทร์ มหินทรายุธยามหาด ลก ภพนพรัตน์ ราชธานีบุรีรมย์ อุดมราชนิเวศน์ มหาสถาน อมรพิมาน อวตารสถิต สักกะทัตติยะ วิษณุกรรมประสิทธ ์, the full blown name for Bangkok), but I enjoying tweaking the old gentleman's knobs (metaphorically speaking only).