PDA

View Full Version : "...most of you guys are complete pricks.." SPIKES

Michael
June 17th, 2007, 03:06
I'm closing this thread. I'm probably going to close the board soon, too, because most of you guys are complete pricks, and I have better things to do with my time. by Spikes

It's been nice being a part of the board, and I'm grateful for the advice and help from folks like Smiles and jinks.

Bye!

jinks
June 17th, 2007, 04:32
Thank you for the kind words Sir.

However I urge you to reconsider, we all have off days occasionally, and regret saying some things.

I have been "over enthusiastic" at times. Your input has been entertaining and helpful.

You have my e-mail address if you need it.

Aunty
June 17th, 2007, 05:00
............because most of you guys are complete pricks

I'd say he's probably right! :cheers:

June 17th, 2007, 06:38
I'm sure our own resident boddhisatva, George, could give ES some lessons in detachment - if he can take time out from screwing his way to nirvana. For myself, I recommend Jane Austen

elephantspike
June 17th, 2007, 10:17
No, sorry, Michael, I didn't mean you, and I didn't mean most. I just meant some, and would have been better left unsaid. It's just that when the only two busy threads on the board are nasty slug-fests, it kind of depresses me to even have to read it. I don't have any intention of everr shutting it down, though. My apologies to the vast majority of posters here who are not complete pricks.

June 17th, 2007, 10:22
I see Spikes was quite serious, and that bothers me.
I am sorry for that misunderstanding, by paraphrasing the other axis of evil the British, by using "Frog" to describe the good citizens of Fonce, I hardly dreamt I would upset him so.
Spikes on bended knees I implore you not take this attitude, it is not like your usual sensible self, not at all.
Get well soon.

Le paradis est rempli d'anges, but I am not quite there yet,
Love Cedric

elephantspike
June 17th, 2007, 11:21
Ok, Cedric. When I mentioned your name I didn't mean to imply that your post was the worst on that thread, just that I didn't expect it coming from you. Also, I guess it semed unfair to drag France into the fraccass.

I just thought the whole tone of that thread was kind of nasty and pointless, just a bunch of people flaming each-other because of their nationalities. That was the only very active thread the last couple of days, too, and it just makes me feel like I'm working so hard to do all the technical stuff just to have a board that I'm sometimes ashamed to show-off to friends.

I guess what I meant was that some people were acting like a bunch of pricks on a couple of threads, which happened to be the most active ones at the time.

ikarus
June 17th, 2007, 12:18
I do not think that you Spike need to apologize. People like Cedric do not bring anything constructive to this message board. What would you think about someone who once had satisfactory oral sex with a Egyptian construction worker and based on that decided that he loves arabs and hates Americans. That is how Cedric forms his views. He is just zero, zilch. nothing, spreading here Anti-american shit without having a slightest understanding what he is talking about. Just ban this fucking prick.

elephantspike
June 17th, 2007, 12:37
Absolutely not. He just happens to have been the latest one to have put his two cents worth on that horrid thread when I decided that I had had enough of it. Let's please just not make this into another of those threads, Ikarus.

It's not about being anti-American, or anti-British, or anti-French. It's about being hateful.

The stuff you are talking about by Cedric is obviously just tongue-in-cheek.

June 17th, 2007, 14:51
surely iKarus, with your anti-Islamic fuckheadedness you must be getting very close to that open flame.
The world is divided place, thats for sure, besides Albania, Blighty and Downunder, there doesn't seem really much hope that the rift will repair any time soon. We might just have to get used to it. Poor Spikes.

June 17th, 2007, 15:00
just a bunch of people flaming each-other because of their nationalities.

But it's OK for Cedprick to have a quite meaningless go at the Brits and you apologise to him. As long as your moderation is spasmodic and lacks even-handedness you will never have anything to be proud of here.

You need to set ground rules and stick to them.

elephantspike
June 17th, 2007, 15:01
Let's please just not make this into another of those threads, Ikarus.

Everyone else, too.

June 17th, 2007, 22:56
Come on guys. Don't forget to use the ignore feature. Trust me, life is much happier when you don't listen to people who irritate you.
"Freedom of Speech" does NOT mean "Obligation to Listen"!

Smiles
June 17th, 2007, 23:00
You can't put the Admin 'On Ignore' :wav:

Cheers ...

Brad the Impala
June 18th, 2007, 01:57
Sadly the bunch of pricks comment was disappointingly accurate. The forum has been a disappointment over the last few weeks, and felt stifled and uninspiring, and shock horror DULL!! Threads have been dominated by a couple of posters who felt obliged to comment on every topic, whether they had something to contribute or not. So the petty and mean spirited nationalistic comments, which were no worse than previous comments on this board, were highlighted by the vacuum in which they appeared.

The comments by Spike were no worse than comments levelled at him previously by posters, and I see no reason why Spike should be expected to show more restraint than anyone else.

The forum needs more personal stories, personal experiences, and I apologise for not contributing more, but I am away from Thailand for an extended period.

June 18th, 2007, 12:04
Sadly the bunch of pricks comment was accurate........ So the spirited nationalistic comments, which were no worse than previous comments on this board were highlighted.........
I apologise for more, but I am on an extended period.

We are a lady then?
I never saw any nationalistic comments? Just a lot of anti-American ones, and under the present circumstances also perfectly understandable, surely?

You can't put the Admin 'On Ignore' Smiles

Bwa he he he he heeeee :kngt:

June 18th, 2007, 12:11
Your anti-American and anti-British comments go far beyond criticizing government policy, to making entirely uncalled for and racist generalizations about the population at large.

It's also completely unfair, since you won't reveal your nationality so we can have a crack at your people.

PS: your name isn't Tyler Brulee in real life, by any chance, is it?

June 18th, 2007, 13:04
Your anti-American and anti-British comments go far beyond criticizing government policy, to making entirely uncalled for and racist generalizations about the population at large.

It's also completely unfair, since you won't reveal your nationality so we can have a crack at your people.

PS: your name isn't Tyler Brulee in real life, by any chance, is it?

I don't hold a passport for the country where I was born,though why you are so itching to be nationalistic only you can say. My "people" or the people I consider "my people" at the present, as I am also still a guest in their city, are the delicate and sensuous Cantonese boat builders of Hong-Kong. More about "Teak" later, but suffice to say I may be in love with wood after all. There take a swipe.
No one made "uncalled for" and "racist generalisations" about the Brits or the Yanks, and I certainly also wasn't the only poster.

elephantspike
June 18th, 2007, 13:16
No one made "uncalled for" and "racist generalisations" about the Brits or the Yanks, and I certainly also wasn't the only poster.

OK, so no one made any comments like this, and you weren't the only who made them. That makes perfect sense to me.

Can we please just drop this and get beyond it? I've already said it wasn't so much about what Cedric said, it was just the whole direction of that thread was going down the tube.

June 18th, 2007, 13:29
Cedric: by paraphrasing the other axis of evil the British

Duh. So how was that "called for"!!

You are simply a disingenuous liar of no fixed abode.

June 18th, 2007, 20:00
You are simply a disingenuous liar of no fixed abode.And there's nothing wrong with that. Pattaya is full of such people

Michael
June 19th, 2007, 03:41
No, sorry, Michael, I didn't mean you, and I didn't mean most...
Thanks for the apology, and thanks to those who have told me not to be so hasty.
Spikes, you inherited an online community 'Sawatdee' and I can appreciate that you want to earn an income for your considerable work towards improving the environment for this community. My concern was that your remark revealed a lack of respect for most of the posters. You have since clarified that it's just a minority of posters who you consider to be "pricks." I can't argue with that!
Really sorry to be yet another poster who stomps their feet, threatens to leave and then fails to do so! Then again, I post here so infrequently that most of you wont even notice.

elephantspike
June 20th, 2007, 00:00
Just FYI:

This thread is now #1 in Google for complete pricks :blackeye:

Jetsam
June 20th, 2007, 01:32
Just FYI:

really ?? I google almost daily for the string " complete pricks" and never noticed that this thread was #1

edit: oops sorry my error. my search string is " hard dicks " http://images.fok.nl/s/bloos.gif

elephantspike
June 20th, 2007, 01:34
Those keywords are more competitive, but I'm trying.

The remarkable thing is that that it lists five different threads here for my keywords.

Smiles
June 20th, 2007, 02:57
Just FYI:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: The undisputed QUEEN of message board self-promotion!! Carry on ...

Cheers ...

June 20th, 2007, 08:43
XXXXXX

June 22nd, 2007, 07:34
XXXXXX

Have we unlocked all the threads already? Whats with shunting threads into "any other country" the minute they get interesting? Is there some sort of political agenda we are meant to be subscribing to? This is a bit iffy chap.

elephantspike
June 22nd, 2007, 13:08
Which thread are you talking about, Cedric? If it is about any other country besides Thailand, that is the criteria for putting it in "Any Other Country". Is there some thread that doesn't belong where it is?

June 22nd, 2007, 18:31
And what belongs in global? Besides that which you decide should not disappear because it is a subject matter which you personaly find acceptable rather than appropriate for the forum concerned??

June 22nd, 2007, 18:32
Why do you think that being in this forum means a post has "disappeared"? I read all of the forums; don't you?

elephantspike
June 23rd, 2007, 04:29
"Global" is anything that doesn't fit in the other three; not about Thailand, not about travel to other countries, and not about the board. The Global Forum is the second most popular forum on the board.

Smiles
June 23rd, 2007, 06:47
" ... "Global" is anything that doesn't fit in the other three; not about Thailand, not about travel to other countries, and not about the board.... "
Then ~ for instance ~ the topic entitled Is Palestine Finished? (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/is-palenstine-finished-t12000.html) should be here in the Global Forum (which is described as being, amongst other things, about 'Politics') . . . not in the Any Other Country Forum, which is described as being about 'gay life in other countries', which that topic is assuredly not.

I think that it's mostly the inconsistency of topic movement, rather than the movement itself. The Guidelines specifically state that the Mods will move topics to the appropriate Forum when and if necessary. That rule I assume was all about keeping the Gay Thailand Forum as purely 'about that' as possible. But when topics are moved to an obviously inappropriate forum (vis-a-vis the stated Forum descriptions) and/or they are moved with great haste (no matter how popular they are) then I think it just serves to frustrate folks: especially the authors who originally made the capital crime of publishing to an incorrect Forum.

Cheers ...

June 24th, 2007, 08:07
You can't put the Admin 'On Ignore' :wav:

Cheers ...

because most of you guys are complete pricks, and I have better things to do with my time.

You talk like a man Spike ! What the hell you feel sorry about ? They are complete pricks ! :daz:

June 25th, 2007, 09:14
" ... "Global" is anything that doesn't fit in the other three; not about Thailand, not about travel to other countries, and not about the board.... "
Then ~ for instance ~ the topic entitled Is Palestine Finished? (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/is-palenstine-finished-t12000.html) should be here in the Global Forum (which is described as being, amongst other things, about 'Politics') . . . not in the Any Other Country Forum, which is described as being about 'gay life in other countries', which that topic is assuredly not.

I think that it's mostly the inconsistency of topic movement, rather than the movement itself. The Guidelines specifically state that the Mods will move topics to the appropriate Forum when and if necessary. That rule I assume was all about keeping the Gay Thailand Forum as purely 'about that' as possible. But when topics are moved to an obviously inappropriate forum (vis-a-vis the stated Forum descriptions) and/or they are moved with great haste (no matter how popular they are) then I think it just serves to frustrate folks: especially the authors who originally made the capital crime of publishing to an incorrect Forum.

Cheers ...

I would take that one step further. When a topic is moved in "great haste" to an inappropriate forum, I think it does more than just frustrate "folks" especially the author, it send a very clear message about the politics of the moderator in question and what they choose to leave in the mainstream for the rest of us to read. They are of course free to believe what ever they wish, but I question how appropriate that is, i.e. dictating subject, and content to the rest of us by using inappropriate post shifts. The question worth posing at this stage is, is this forum moving into an unacceptable censorship of posts and subject matter, whilst trying to hide behind inappropriate post shifts to achieve this end? I seem to be getting the impression that there is a danger of it being seen as just that, by a wide spectrum of posters.

elephantspike
June 25th, 2007, 10:07
Yeah, That one should be in Global. I just moved it. Happy now?

Personally, I couldn't care less about what anyone's personal political beliefs are on this board. Think what you want, though, Cedric. That's pretty funny, actually. I'm moving threads around as part of a grand Green Party conspiricy to hide Cedric's opinons on middle-eastern politics from people who are to lazy to click on the "Any Other Country" link.
:alien:

Smiles
June 26th, 2007, 06:28
" ... Yeah, That one should be in Global. I just moved it. Happy now? ... "
These comments about moving topics would be easier to take if you thought of them as constructive rather than simply an annoyance. The folks who post ARE the Board, and although you are the owner (and set the rules), listening to comments from the members is not such a bad idea.

My whole point in questioning this 'moving topics' thing is really nothing but the simple idea of "what's the hurry"? Why not just keep a topic in the original forum to which it was posted to by the Member who has after all, taken the time and effort to create it in the first place. Then, when it has obviously died out (as all topics do), move it to a more appropriate forum. If the topic has garnered no replies over a short period of time, then moving it quickly would be appropriate.

It shows more respect for the guests (many paying) to just leave their work untouched until it's popularity has dissipated. And frankly, what's the point in NOT giving them that little dollop of respect.

Cheers ...

June 26th, 2007, 07:17
Smiles as much as I admire your diplomacy, surely democracy and freedom of speech is open to all and not especially for paying guests, that would make fool buggery of us all, something uncle Sam might ponder on for all the suckers voting in the upcoming American elections. However I do see, that as a share-holder, you wish to flex your consumer powers for the good of all.

June 26th, 2007, 08:10
It shows more respect for the guests (many paying) ...I'm assuming this is a little joke about "paying guests". Since English isn't Young Master Cedric's first language, perhaps he missed it. Certainly I don't believe (unlike boygeenyus, to name but a few) that paying one's subs somehow gives us greater rights of speech than those who don't

June 26th, 2007, 16:20
The English are always "paying guests" no one would have them otherwise, for one thing they always steal the soap. Not for showers or baths of course, as they are well known for being a wee water shy, but rather so they can drop it "accidentally" every-time they happen upon a public ablution. Thats one "sunny side" up I prefer to give a miss, but there is no harm in trying.

Wesley
June 26th, 2007, 17:08
I generally agree with smiles in most issues, he seems to have his Head together on most issues. But those Canadians are a bit liberal as I guess all gay guys should be. But who pays to post and who does not is not important. Its all about communication. I do agree that more time on the main thread would be appropriate as well. I agree when you spend the time and effort to work out a new post you would like to see if it draws a response and since most only go to Gay Thailand part of te forum I am not sure they are getting due justice. I guess if making a donation would help I could do that but I post so seldom it seems not worth the donation. On the other hand what I have to say may not be worth the bandwidth it takes to keep it.

Wesley

Smiles
June 26th, 2007, 23:09
Sorry you guys are obsessing about 2 little words in brackets. You're right though, I didn't give that one much thought when I included that aside . . . and certainly didn't think it would take over the discussion.

I won't go back and exorcise them now as it would make the responses unintelligible, but accept apologies for including them and if we could get back to philosophizing about the main point of the issue ... message board topic movements. (Please try and hold yourselves back from any bowel jokes)

I notice The Boss has decided to ignore this . . .

Cheers ...

jinks
June 27th, 2007, 12:56
I notice The Boss has decided to ignore this . . .

Me too