PDA

View Full Version : Monty's "Ting Tong" Party See Report below

travelerjim
June 16th, 2007, 17:50
Hey fellas...

If you are in Pattaya and a reader or visitor to Ting & Tongs Gay Thailand Message Board,
owned by our fellow Sawatdee Gay Thailand member and poster Oogleman

Oogleman in in Pattaya on holiday and having a party :-)

Be sure to stop by Monty's NEW Gayote Club in Jomtien Complex

Monty's & Ting & Tongs Party
Sunday night June 17th at 8PM, 3 FREE Drinks..from Monty, Ting & Tong :-)

For 3 FREE Drinks - One from Monty, One each from Ting & Tong
along with free snacks and free Cabaret Show...

"Just call me "ting tong" to get your free drinks"....

Party starts at 8:00pm Sunday Night June 17th...

http://www.gaytingtong.com/topic1485.html .

Remember - Just mention "Ting & Tong" ...Enjoy :-)

Monty posted this message on Ting & Tongs Gay Thailand board:

"Sunday night at 8p.m. 17th June
Free Drink, Free snack food, free show,
Just call me ting tong to get your free drink.
cheers Join Oogleman, Traveler Jim, And myself for a fun night.

Monty"

and Oogleman - Owner of Ting & Tongs Gay Thailand board followed up with:

"Anyone who turns up gets THREE free drinks!

1 from Monty - 1 each from Oogleman & Tingtong!

Hope to see some of you there!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Monty and Oogleman - and Ting & Tongs Gay Thailand Board...

great offer...
good friendship, hospitality, party and Cabaret Show from Monty's ....

Sunday night June 17th - 8:00pm at Monty's in Jomtien Complex.

TJ

travelerjim
June 17th, 2007, 09:00
BUMP ...

The Ting & Tongs Gay Thailand Party is tonight -
Sunday June 17th at 8:00pm...and on...

Three FREE Drinks - Compliments of Monty, Ting & Tong...
and FREE snacks and...
FREE Monty's Gayote Club Talented Cabaret Show...

I saw the show two nights ago...checked out Monty's new club...
and you MUST SEE the handsome and My-OH-My - cute Thai dancer who opens the show...
he is definitely "eye candy" - a "double treat" and a showstopper :-) ...
but alas the show must go on!

Come to the party .... See Monty's NEW Gayote Club and
Meet the owner of Ting & Tongs Gay Thailand Board...
I have met him - and enjoy his board....
he is a great guy...personable and genuine...
he is our very own SawatdeeGT Forum Poster & Member - Oogleman.

Monty's Gayote Club in the Jomtien Complex - next door to Bondi Hotel.

TJ

June 18th, 2007, 11:14
DELETED

travelerjim
June 18th, 2007, 14:14
wowpow wrote:
Anyone sober enough to send a report? It's the crack of noon now.
Presumably all the freeloaders of the city were there as Boyztown seemed empty last night.
To think I paid 150 baht + tip for a drink I didn't consume at Dream boys to see a half dozen puny youths wiggle
- well there was one dream boy.

Hello Wowpow and Friends,

A special THANK YOU to Monty's Gayote Club and Ting & Tongs Gay Thailand
for the active happening party held Sunday night at Monty's.

From my guesstimate, 40 gay partisans and 2 straight friends - and maybe more all comers -
found Monty's Gayote Club in Jomtien Complex - Pattaya and partied from 8:00pm until the wee hours of the morning.

Tasty snacks prepared by Monty and his "eye candy" Staff of Waiters were delicious and plenty to go around -
served "buffet style". Those Australian spring rolls - both types - deep fried and steamed were a hit.
The lasagna and pasta dish was very tasty too. Bite sized mini sandwiches were of several variety and well received by the guests.

AND, the 3 FREE Drinks - YES # FREE - of your choice - compliments of Monty (1) and Ting & Tongs (2)
were not forgotten by the attendees...served with plenty of peanuts.

The Cabaret Show at Monty's Theater was entertaining and featured many songs, dances,
and very handsome Thai boys (in their spandex black mini-shorts) :-0
and the lady singers in beautiful costumes - all presented with much fun - gusto and energy! .....
and all aimed to please on stage during many dances and musical numbers.

When several guests first arrived, it was noted that Monty was wearing a red shirt
as were all the Waiter Staff....at first look, concern was expressed that Monty too would soon
be wearing the black spandex mini-briefs to match the Staff...
but alas, we were relieved to learn no such plan was in mind - especially as many asked about Monty
really following suit and match the handsome Water Staff...I think Monty chickened out ...thankfully!

Oogleman - owner of the Ting & Tongs Gay Thailand Board, was fun to be with throughout the night.
He was most hospitable - greeting all in attendance and making sure their drinks were filled and refilled...
He was not counting the FREE Drinks - he aimed to please his guests!

And as the party came to a close he treated the entire Staff with several bottles of Whiskey and Mixers...
they drank it all as they consumed the balance of the food treats on the buffet -
never let it be said Thais do not clean their plates - and others too.

Ting & Tongs also gave each Cabaret Show and Waiter Staff Member a nice tip
for their taking "good care" of Ting & Tong's welcomed guests at Monty's...
as did many of the guests in attendance.

It is NOTEABLE to recognize Monty's Cabaret Show Theater as the
FIRST KNOWN SMOKE FREE Showhouse in Pattaya/Jomtien.

Good for you Monty and I hope others take note and support
Monty's Cabaret Show and his SMOKE FREE Cabaret Theater.

Smoking areas on OK on the outside front seating area...
(NOT INSIDE THE THEATER) with many fans to disperse the smoke.

All in all a fun night with new friends met and an opportunity for Monty
and his fine Staff to show their good service and Cabaret Show.

Many photos throughout the evening were taken and I am sure they will appear
in this weeks NEW PG Weekly Report on Wednesday June 20th...
Thanks to PG Co-Editor Printer Graham - his camera was clicking and recording the happenings.

A Great Night...Thanks Monty and Ting & Tongs for the invite, the good hospitality and party.

I look forward to seeing you all again soon...
and visiting more often Monty's Gayote Club ...
and "SMOKE FREE" Cabaret Theater Smile

and...might I add...the selection of Waiter Staff and Dancers is truly ...
most tempting for one who has a Thai bf ....
and indeed a credit to Monty for gathering together such a handsome and wonderful Staff.

See for yourself..you will not be disappointed :-)

TravelerJim[/i]

June 18th, 2007, 15:27
DELETED

travelerjim
June 18th, 2007, 18:38
Scroll down to see Oogleman's Report on the party and his photos...

Thanks Oogleman ...for your kind remarks posted:

'Must add that all the TingTong & Sawatdee Forum members I met were gentlemen
of the highest caliber. We all got along well and everyone left with a smile -
hope to see you all again about town - thanks for a great night!

and may I add Oogleman - "you are a gentleman too" :-)

http://www.gaytingtong.com/topic1485-15.html

TravelerJim

Smiles
June 18th, 2007, 21:26
Ok, everyone's a gentlemen, yadayadayadayada. This might seem like rather a shallow comment, but are these gentlemen also blind?
With this ghastly beige/flourescent pink colour scheme, and (code??) electrical wiring clashing with the wall it's hung from, I'd be hard put to step in. The Universal Taste Magnet (located buried deep in a remote corner of Antarctica) would not let me past the doorstep.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Images/montys1.jpg

However ... applause for the SMOKE FREE jag. Hope it hangs in there. The lack of a low-to-the-ground blue smoke haze may present a countervailing problem though ... the pink will show through much more vibrantly. Toss a coin.

Cheers ...

jinks
June 18th, 2007, 23:10
The Universal Taste Magnet (located buried deep in a remote corner of Antarctica) would not let me past the doorstep.

You do realise that it is next door to our Christmas hotel :cheers:

June 19th, 2007, 12:48
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Images/montys1.jpg

Its ok khun smiles - thats the outdoor smoking area!

The inside will be much more to your liking lol

June 19th, 2007, 16:08
Sir, is there anything or anyone in the universe that you don't have high praise for? I have noticed over the years you have such over-the-top, gushing praise words when you write. You maybe 100% sincerere, but it smacks of going way, way, way overboard in your writing. Which then asks me if I can believe any of it. Just wondering

travelerjim
June 19th, 2007, 16:26
Sir, is there anything or anyone in the universe that you don't have high praise for? I have noticed over the years you have such over-the-top, gushing praise words when you write. You maybe 100% sincerere, but it smacks of going way, way, way overboard in your writing. Which then asks me if I can believe any of it. Just wondering

Boogeyman,

Just "keep on wondering"....

If Boogeyman, after reading - as you say - my postings over the years,
you do not believe any of what I am saying,

Then Sir.... May I ask ...

Why do you waste your time reading my postings?

Surely there must be better readings - in the wide wide world
of the internet - to keep you informed - whatever your interests might be -
and written by those you feel you can believe.

Thanks for your observations...

TravelerJim

June 19th, 2007, 16:32
Don't worry too much, Jim. There's no pleasing people around here. They'll complain if you're too positive, they'll complain if you're too negative; they'll complain if they don't agree with you, and oftentimes they'll complain just to complain.

June 19th, 2007, 16:59
As you have a right to write whatever you want I also have the right to read whatever I want.
I am not the only one to wonder about you.... Im just the vocal one.

June 19th, 2007, 17:34
DELETED

June 19th, 2007, 17:51
You say he is only a shadow of himself now? I will have to read (or maybe not) further postings about everything fantastic in Thailand to see if he tones down his praise.
I was trying to be helpful, in my caustic way I guess. If he wants anyone to believe what he is writing, he should take it down a notch.
I see then, that I am NOT alone in my view. Thanks for the input.

June 19th, 2007, 18:00
After nearly 10 years living in Thailand I have to admit the bastards have got me down.
I refer to the hassle that almost anything here comes attached with. Trying to get a guarantee when something (often) breaks, getting a job finished on time or even late, or the countless hardluck stories.
I say, I'm down on one knee and don't know how long before I go down altogether.
Meals that turn up different than what you are led to believe, and the b.s. the bar boys give you. Yes, its all part of the game, but an old coger like me can't take much more. If it wasn't for a 4 year relationship with a wonderful guy, I'm afraid I would have to chuck it all and say bye bye Thailand.

Oh my, I have teared into my tea. Take care

My point is how many of us expats really enjoy living here and how many are pretending its not so bad?

lonelywombat
June 19th, 2007, 19:29
I have known Monty since he opened his first bar in Sunee.

I have wondered if he has his mix right.

In his last show I thought he had too many ladyboys

Sounds like he has the same problem[?] with his new bar

My few cents worth ----- make it a boyz bar and stop trying to have a bit each way

Smiles
June 19th, 2007, 21:04
" ... After nearly 10 years living in Thailand I have to admit the bastards have got me down.
I refer to the hassle that almost anything here comes attached with. Trying to get a guarantee when something (often) breaks, getting a job finished on time or even late, or the countless hardluck stories. . . . . My point is how many of us expats really enjoy living here and how many are pretending its not so bad? ... "
Actually Boogyman, I think this is a good question for a new topic, instead of being appended to a happy/happy TJ thread (don't worry TJ, I love you. You are my sunshine ... my only sunshine ... you make my heart sing ... like I am gay :love4: http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/sunshine.htm ). What do you think?

I only mention this because I appreciate all posts ~ and all opinions ~ from guys who've lived in Thailand long-term (in your case 10 years). It is after all Boygeenyus' saving grace (his only one) ... and why I appreciate him as well (even considering ... ).

Cheers ...

June 19th, 2007, 23:46
Very, very few actually enjoy living here. Most are sex addicts, and are here for one thing and one thing only. Their ideal place would be Brighton, with cheap Asian boy hookers.

x in pattaya
June 20th, 2007, 00:30
My point is how many of us expats really enjoy living here and how many are pretending its not so bad?

Living anywhere for ten years is likely to take a bit of the shine off whatever seemed so attractive to begin with. If you (and I mean anyone, not you in particular) don't have much to occupy your time, or at least not much which seems engaging and enjoyable, life indeed may not seem all that enjoyable. Certainly there seems to be periods when suicides amongst elderly farangs reach alarming rates.

Some people cope by incessantly complaining. Ironically, the chronic complainers often turn out to be the most resilient (assuming they can avoid being bludgeoned by those who are constantly exposed to their rants). I suppose others cope by being Pollyanna on steroids. Everything is wonderful and beautiful. They have what is labelled "sunny" personalities. I don't know how resilient they are, but their potential for being bludgeoned increases exponentially if they cross my path too often. Still, if that's the secret that keeps them going, good for them. Unfortunately, some people fail to devise a coping strategy of any sort.

I like living in Pattaya, especially compared to other places that retired people tend to accumulate. But if you depend on the bars or a continually changing roster of boys or the gay social circuit (or what passes for one here) to keep you happy, you're bound to burn out. Even then, consider what it would be like if you had spent those ten years in (oh, I don't know, say) Manchester or Gran Canaria or a trailer part in Orlando. I imagine the magic of Manchester would dissipate even more rapidly, if that provides any consolation.

I've been visiting Pattaya for nearly ten years, but only just recently became a full-time resident. I have given more than a little thought to what life will be like assuming I'm still here in ten or more years. I hope I don't become (more of a) chronic complainer or (shudder) bubbly & sunny, but it probably is important to recognize that life in the LOS can become as boring, tedious and aggravating as it might in any place, and it would be a good idea to develop coping skills before you have one leg over the balcony railing.

As Smiles suggested, the whole idea is a worthwhile one to explore. It would be especially nice to hear from those who have been here for donkey years, who have a realistic view of the problems that an extended stay here must raise, and who have managed to keep some part of the magic alive all that time. It would be especially nice not to hear from those who revel in sharing their misery ad nauseum or, worse still, those who effervesce spontaneously and without apparent reason.

June 20th, 2007, 12:18
One reality, which should have been openly disclosed by TJ is that some of the ex-pats and others
in Pattaya are his clients as well as friends. I've never sold insurance but was in sales and gushing
becomes second nature especially when some of your income and business comes from some of ones
you gush about. It is difficult to be objective when you talk about clients and don't issue a disclaimer
and I only knew one farang whose shit doesn't stink, who bought the high end health insurance package,
and has been the subject of TJ 's spread the word everywhere policy.

I have no issue with TJ selling insurance and I have been told he is competitive and highly knowledgeable
but it raises concerns when you write about clients and don't issue a disclaimer. Maybe now a good time TJ.

travelerjim
June 20th, 2007, 14:25
One reality, which should have been openly disclosed by TJ is that some of the ex-pats and others
in Pattaya are his clients as well as friends. I've never sold insurance but was in sales and gushing
becomes second nature especially when some of your income and business comes from some of ones
you gush about. It is difficult to be objective when you talk about clients and don't issue a disclaimer
and I only knew one farang whose shit doesn't stink, who bought the high end health insurance package,
and has been the subject of TJ 's spread the word everywhere policy.

I have no issue with TJ selling insurance and I have been told he is competitive and highly knowledgeable
but it raises concerns when you write about clients and don't issue a disclaimer. Maybe now a good time TJ.

Lickspittle,

"Maybe now a good time TJ."....
What are you trying to say??? Spit it out!
Please do not beat around the bush and cast dispersions....

Yes, I am thankful for my friends and clients - some who have chosen to travel
to and from Thailand, among other places around the world.

I find it sad that you feel I have in any way sought to seek financial advantage from any of my postings.
It is amazing to me to think - that you think - I am taking advantage of my fellow forum readers when I post on this forum.

My postings most always (with very few exceptions) have been in a positive and informative way to let others
know of the good experiences I have had, as well as places to go, things to do,
and websites to visit when thinking about your stay Thailand - and Pattaya in particular.

As for my business career, I always have placed my clients needs "first"
and foremost when it comes to serving "their" needs.

Those who have met me, spoken to me, and have chose to do business with me
over the years have often told me that I am a person who can be consulted
and trusted to offer sound ideas, financial advice and helpfulness.

I appreciate, respect and cherish that trust!

And it is for that reason I have been successful in sales - regardless of the industry.
Taking good care of the customer is #1 priority! If my customer is happy, then I am happy too :-)

And, yes, you are right - the policies I offer - now as before - and recommend, are "competitive"
and they are issued by fiscally sound - quality insurance companies.

If I can ever be of assistance to you , or if you have further questions...
please do not hesitate to pm me.

Thanks,

TravelerJim

TrongpaiExpat
June 20th, 2007, 15:07
After nearly 10 years living in Thailand I have to admit the bastards have got me down.
I refer to the hassle that almost anything here comes attached with. Trying to get a guarantee when something (often) breaks, getting a job finished on time or even late, or the countless hardluck stories.
I say, I'm down on one knee and don't know how long before I go down altogether.
Meals that turn up different than what you are led to believe, and the b.s. the bar boys give you. Yes, its all part of the game, but an old coger like me can't take much more. If it wasn't for a 4 year relationship with a wonderful guy, I'm afraid I would have to chuck it all and say bye bye Thailand.

Oh my, I have teared into my tea. Take care

I agree, excellent topic too bad it's tacked on the wrong post.

I have been here going on 2 years full time and don't find the day annoyances much different from my life in USA. I don't have the job related annoyances anymore, so over all, I have less.

I don't think that living in Thailand adds to the stress of annoyances. You either have good coping skills or you don't. Those who are miserable in Farangland move to Thailand and are still miserable.

I also don't think that you can do much about acquiring these skills. So often I see these miserable farangs becoming unglued at the smallest annoyances. They don't see that it's a problem with them, the other person is the problem.

Yesterday I was going up the elevator with a farang to my fitness club and apparently the guard did not hold the door open for him. He went into a triad with some pretty decent Thai. The guard just kept saying krupt, krupt. This man was steaming mad over nothing. He was in the lounge once and had two newspapers and was reading neither. I asked him if he was finished with one and he grunted, gave me an angry look and threw one of the papers at me. Since then I keep my distance from him and the staff at the fitness club tell me they do the same. He is just a miserable son-of-a-bitch. Thailand did not make him that way, that's just how he is.

note to TJ: The cat/lick is best ignored like the man in the elevator. He was born that way, he is not going to change. The only control we have is to ignore him and not let his misery transfer to us.

travelerjim
June 20th, 2007, 16:58
"note to TJ: The cat/lick is best ignored like the man in the elevator. He was born that way, he is not going to change. The only control we have is to ignore him and not let his misery transfer to us.[/quote]

Thank you, TrongpaiExpat
good advice :-)

TJ

June 20th, 2007, 18:57
sorry , but I feel it is not appropriate to write gushing reports about businesses or persons if you have a financial
business arrangement with them, unless you issue a disclaimer that you do business with the person or business.

I have no reason to doubt TJ nor cast any aspersions but if I had an interest in a business/bar and wrote glowing
reviews and didn't print a disclaimer that I had a financial connection with that business, it would not be playing fair.

John Botting just authored a thread on a new radio station and if he had an interest in it , he should have made that clear.
He did not have any connection and issued a disclaimer in his thread. It isn't necessary to do so when not involved but
it should be when you do have a financial connection or you risk criticism.

I remember TJ going ape-shit with the financial reporting practices of the fund raisers recently and demanding reports
and openness from the bar owners as to what % of profits would be distributed as so forth. TJ doesn't see a problem
with praising his client(s) and I don't either as long as one explains that part of their income comes from that business
or party. Killing the messenger is the easy way. Disclosure is the right way. :cherry:

travelerjim
June 20th, 2007, 20:14
sorry , but I feel it is not appropriate to write gushing reports about businesses or persons if you have a financial
business arrangement with them, unless you issue a disclaimer that you do business with the person or business.

"I have no reason to doubt TJ nor cast any aspersions but if I had an interest in a business/bar and wrote glowing
reviews and didn't print a disclaimer that I had a financial connection with that business, it would not be playing fair."

Lickspittle,

On the one hand you cast doubts about my professional integrity as if I were secretly promoting
Thailand businesses with financial gain to be made by me,

You stated:

"but if I had an interest in a business/bar and wrote glowing
reviews and didn't print a disclaimer that I had a financial connection with that business, it would not be playing fair."

And then again ...on the other hand,

....you say in your posting:
Re: "truth hurts'"

that ..."I have no reason to doubt TJ nor cast any aspersions... "

You cannot have it both ways...

yet Lickspittle, by your apparent postings, you slyly seek to damage and question
my integrity and reputation by innuendo.

Such a sad commentary written by what I believe from your handle
- is a fellow Expatriate in Pattaya....
on a board designed to share our experiences and happenings....

But said by you - ever so skillfully and craftily weaved -
using word by word of inuendo - and poised in such a way,
as to defame TravelerJim...

I feel sorry for you tonight...

TravelerJim

June 20th, 2007, 23:54
TJ , feel sorry for someone else baby.
You screamed for open disclosure during the benefits organized to help Allen of Pattayagay.com but
you choose not to comment on that in your response.
You demanded that the bar owners post the percentages that would go to themselves and the percentage
that would go to help. You made a big issue of openness and disclosure, but refuse to address this.

Apparently you see no conflict of interest when you promote a person and/or his business , even if
you have a financial interest, such as selling them insurance.

I am asking you to do what you demanded others do and that is to disclose when there is a conflict of
interest and when you post about persons/businesses you have financial relationships with. You made a big
deal about openness and disclosure but now you play the injured party.

Feel sorry for yourself, feel sorry about the double standards and stop playing the injured old man.
You choose to ignore the point of this which I have just repeated several times.
This is not an inuendo. Just disclose when you have financial dealings with the persons/businesses you promote
and cut and paste and post everywhere possible. Disclose just like you demanded others do . It is simple :idea:

travelerjim
June 21st, 2007, 00:25
TJ , feel sorry for someone else baby.

"I am asking you to do what you demanded others do and that is to disclose when there is a conflict of
interest and when you post about persons/businesses you have financial relationships with."

Lickspittle,

There is NO conflict of interest and never has been.
There is nothing I need to disclose...
Either you trust me and take my word...or you don't.

The businesses, websites, and Thailand places to visit and enjoy are posted by me
because I like them, have heard of them, and am happy to share them with others
in the hopes they too may come to enjoy and support them during their holidays and stays in Thailand.

I hope this satisfies your curiosity. I certainly have not chosen to "do battle" with you,
although I do wonder your real purpose.

And, if you have noticed in this weeks PG Weekly Report,

"Pattaya Gay Festival
Charity Dinner

Sunday, June 24

at Cafe New Orleans Restaurant
Pattayaland Soi 2

Seating 8pm Dinner 8.30pm

Support the PGF Charities at this fundraising dinner

500 baht of the dinner price and 20% of the total drink sales will be donated to PGF Charities

In addition to a great dinner there will also be lucky ticket draws with some interesting prizes!!"

That in my opinion, is real progress in financial - charity disclosure.
I wish them great success with their evening.

Have a better evening in Pattaya tonight.

TravelerJim

June 22nd, 2007, 19:45
I am asking you to do what you demanded others do and that is to disclose when there is a conflict of
interest and when you post about persons/businesses you have financial relationships with. You made a big
deal about openness and disclosure but now you play the injured party.

Feel sorry for yourself, feel sorry about the double standards and stop playing the injured old man.
You choose to ignore the point of this which I have just repeated several times.
This is not an inuendo. Just disclose when you have financial dealings with the persons/businesses you promote
and cut and paste and post everywhere possible. Disclose just like you demanded others do . It is simple :idea:

For the record i can assue you TJ has no business interest or financial dealings with myself/ting tong or Monty.

Unless you count me buying him a diet coke?

Some people need to get out more or get laid.