PDA

View Full Version : A picture speaks a 1000 words....

June 16th, 2007, 16:54
Ever bought a nice print or cloth picture, then needed to get it framed in pattaya.....

Do you know a place that does picture framing for the beautiful thai pictures i bring home......?

June 16th, 2007, 17:24
There were some places on Walking Street that did framing; maybe this is the one I'm thinking of:
Apu Artists Shop 234/10 Moo 10 Walking Street S. Pattaya.
Tel: 038-710577. 06-3151079. E-Mail: ananartshop@hotmail.com

I found it on the, Pattaya Expats Club, web site along with some Art Galleries that may do framing.

For some reason, Links don't work for me here (Get something that says: "Google. P") but try this.

http://www.pattayaexpatclub.com/membersdiscounts.htm
It's a list of places that offer discounts to club members.

[/google]

June 16th, 2007, 17:28
I would think it would be far better to transport the item unframed (but suitably rolled up in a protective cardboard tube or packed in bubble-wrap if too stiff to be rolled i.e. on board rather than canvas) rather than struggle home with a framed picture and risk damaging the frame (particularly if it is too large to fit in a suitcase). There are plenty of picture-framing businesses in London.

June 16th, 2007, 17:40
But at 30 times the cost. And here they do excellent work. Just getting it home is the bitch as you said.

June 16th, 2007, 17:57
But at 30 times the cost. And here they do excellent work. Just getting it home is the bitch as you said.
Agree about the costs but if the picture is that valuable or sentimental, what the hell, beggar the cost!

The other thing that has come to mind is the present limits on the size of carry on baggage on planes. If it won't fit in the suitcase and has to go seperately as hold baggage, the chances of damage both to frame and picture are that much more likely.

jvt22222
June 17th, 2007, 07:11
I have used, exclusively, for framing, the small shop immediately across from Friendship Supermarket on South Pattaya Road ......... Pattaya-competitive prices, speedy work, always on time ............. has alway been able to follow my direction when I have wanted something a bit more innovative than just a simple frame ......... like mounting a Bali mask on cloth ........ really is very good.

jvt22222
June 19th, 2007, 08:46
............. did you get my PMs??

June 20th, 2007, 16:20
I have used a framing shop on Thepprasit Road, just past the (former) go cart track, on the left -- near the furniture shop that does wicker and metal outdoor furniture. I've also noticed one in Jomtien Complex, on the main road near Simon's fish and chip shop, but not tried that one.