PDA

View Full Version : Household hints for Thai ex-pats

June 11th, 2007, 19:18
Shower Shield

Thai glass shower enclosures look wonderful but readily streak with limescale and soap. My first act in the search for problem solution was to buy a squeegee at Thailand's Central Chitlom, and wipe down after every shower occasionally after wiping with a soapy sponge.

I had notices HG products in Thailand's Home Pro imported from The Netherlands. They make big claims and are a big price. In splurge mood I bought their Shower Shield - prevents lime scale and dirt for glass, chrome, synthetic materials, aluminium and tiles.

Eureka - it works excellently and the label says it lasts for many months with an easier regular clean. The 250 ml bottle looks enough for 3 applications for about 420 baht.

I remember once admiring a Thai ex-pat friends lavish new bathroom. I asked " but don't you find it a pain keeping the glass clean?" quick as a flash he replied " I have no idea, would you like to ask the cleaning woman?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Det Thai Sweetener

I have been concerned for some time about the amount of Aspartame sweetener that I take with diet drinks and Equal in beverages. There seem to be too many reports that is has toxic properties.

I tried this new one Det which is made in Thailand. It is granular and very sweet, maybe 3 times sugar, and much more like sugar than anything else I have used. It is 98.6% Erythritol and 1.4% Sucralose. According t Wikipedia Erythritol is no worry and Sucralose may be a tad but here it is only present in a small dose. It is granular though pills are supposed to be out soon. I got it from Fascina the huge Pharmacy on Pattaya North Road by Thai House and City Hall. It's about 150 baht for a 90 gm tub or a bit more for sachets.

I wonder if adding the Thai sweetener will save me from banishment?

Sen Yai
June 11th, 2007, 19:52
Nice try wowpow, but you know where this is going to end up as soon as jinks finishes his siesta!

Why don't you just post these stories in the Global forum? It is only your perception that it is the '2nd class forum' that makes it continue to be so.

June 11th, 2007, 20:55
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/Picture1-3.png

I have absolutely no doubt that being moved to the Global Forum is is banishment to a place where very few go. I would call it the dustbin Forum - on a polite day. Why is it there?

Other boards do see that it is necessary to make files and then push people's posts into whichever they find appropriate. On planet wowpow my parameter for keeping posts on the main board would be is it relevant, interesting, informative or amusing.

June 11th, 2007, 21:40
...so are you saying that the concerns of the cleaning help are relevant to the august membership of this board?