PDA

View Full Version : UK Visa applicants to have fingerprints scanned

June 11th, 2007, 08:38
New fingerprint scans for UK visa applicants, Bangkok Post

In a bid to combat visa fraud the British embassy will soon require all visa applicants to have their fingerprints electronically scanned and a digital photograph taken. The so-called biometric visas, which will be brought in from June 21, are mandatory for all visa applicants aged five or over. There is no additional charge.

However, the embassy will be closed for UK visa applications from June 15 to 20 to allow for installation of new equipment and staff training. Full services will resume on June 21. The embassy said the new visas are being introduced worldwide to improve security for visitors and fight visa fraud including identity theft.

Applicants must make sure their fingertips are free from any decoration, abrasions or other markings and any facial cuts and bruises have healed or disappeared. Exemption will be granted in cases where applicants cannot provide scans due to medical reasons." Bangkok Post

June 11th, 2007, 11:40
Now what will you deviant types from the UK do now? Your past will catch up to you soon.
Of course I could be wrong. Perhaps all Brits are law abiding, model citizens. Time for a donut.
I have to keep up my strength you know.

June 11th, 2007, 11:54
Ah ha
Now what will you deviant types from the UK do now? Your past will catch up to you soon.
Of course I could be wrong. Perhaps all Brits are law abiding, model citizens. Time for a donut.
I have to keep up my strength you know.

why would someone from the UK be applying for a visa to visit the UK?

Donut? That sounds about right

June 11th, 2007, 13:50
Your right. I was thinking passports not visas. I must have been a dozen donuts low when I read that. Thanks

June 11th, 2007, 20:36

The British Embassy does not issue visas for people from the UK (they don't need them).
Visas are issued at the BE for non-British citizens wishing to visit the UK and I think I am right in assuming that this is what is being referred to here.

June 11th, 2007, 21:56

The British Embassy does not issue visas for people from the UK (they don't need them).
Visas are issued at the BE for non-British citizens wishing to visit the UK and I think I am right in assuming that this is what is being referred to here.

You heard it here first, people! Where else can you get such rare and useful nuggets of wisdom, I ask you?