PDA

View Full Version : Before 18, now 20?

February 9th, 2006, 07:01
I would have little problem if the police checked every nite as it would insure the boys were at least 18 and had papers..It seems it was BKK police so not the locals who only show sporadically...

I thought this was worth starting a new thread on, instead of keeping it in the "Sunnee Plaza" one.

I haven't been to Pattaya since December but when I was there the mamasans told me that the go-go boys must be 20 now. This has been my impression for a while in Bangkok too, both in soi Twilight and Silom soi 6. What happened to the "18" rule, and where they got "20" from I don't know. I haven't read about any changes to the law but if the boys in brown suddenly say it is 20 then it is 20. In Sunnee Plaza this meant that everyone under 20 had to take the evening off if a raid was expected.

Is this correct and would any of you know more about it?

Smiles
February 9th, 2006, 07:20
" ... What happened to the "18" rule, and where they got "20" from I don't know. I haven't read about any changes to the law ... "
LOL LOL LOL ... TiT :clown:

Cheers ...

February 9th, 2006, 07:38
THe law requires a minimum age of 20 for entering a premises licensed for alcohol. Boyz Boyz Boyz have had a 20+ policy for some years now. Technically if you buy an 18 year old bar boy a drink he breaks the law!

February 9th, 2006, 10:50
THe law requires a minimum age of 20 for entering a premises licensed for alcohol. Boyz Boyz Boyz have had a 20+ policy for some years now. Technically if you buy an 18 year old bar boy a drink he breaks the law!

I read in the newspaper that a law draft from the Social Ministry wants to change the minimum age for alcohol to 21. The same draft also says bars and places that sell alcohol must close at 11pm. (yes, really)

The law draft has not been to the cabinet or parliament yet. (Both institutions are known as "Up to Thaksin").

February 9th, 2006, 10:59
We will soon have to name this board sawatdee phillipines.

February 9th, 2006, 16:02

Do you mean philopines? Hello, conifer lovers?

February 9th, 2006, 17:01

Do you mean philopines? Hello, conifer lovers?

Philophilia? Is there a law against it?

February 10th, 2006, 02:39
.... Technically if you buy an 18 year old bar boy a drink he breaks the law!

I buy the boy soda, no alchol!! :bounce: