PDA

View Full Version : Unico Grand Silom Hotel (formerly Tower Inn Hotel)

June 10th, 2007, 18:04
Has anyone stayed there. It is recomended on Dreadedsned and you can book it on www.dragoncastle (http://www.dragoncastle). com. I was going to book at Vincent, I am tired of Malaysia, although I have a special veneration for it, Lumpini is now chargin a joiners fee, shown as 500 BHT on their homepage, when trying to booking a room and confirmed by Dragon.

Well I will miss my beloved Sathorn area, but maybe time to try something new. So I have made a reservation on Unico Grand for 3 days in October/November. What I like is: in reservation via Dragon i wrote in a box I wrote no Joiners fee, still there in the reservatin, I booked a double for to, but the price was the same as if I had only booked for one person, the pool on the top of the hotel with view over BKK. The rooms look quite big.

But have anyone of you have had any exeprience with this Hotel.? I can change my mind, I have only made a reservation

June 10th, 2007, 19:35
Stayed there recently and was satisfied. I only booked for one person but took boy with me. No charge and he got also the breakfast free. Short walk to BTS.
Swimmingpool on the roof. I recommend rooms from the 16th floor. Have had big appartment. Staff was very friendly.

June 10th, 2007, 20:34
Stayed there with b/f last October when it was still Tower Inn. Facilities were great...nice room, gym and lovely pool and bar on the roof. Staff were very friendly. Chatted to German guy who brought boys back and he did not pay joiner fees. Short walk to patpong area and BTS and metro. I have noticed prices have risen since the name change.

June 11th, 2007, 02:17
thank you guys. I might give it a try .

On Dragon I gave 1900, on their own homepage it is 2200 BHT. Well Malaysia is still about 700-800 BHT best deal in town, but my new friends did not look satisfied with me staying in Malaysia. In fact I was told next time no stay in Malaysia. Also I know boys working there before, going further, dont like his BF to stay there

June 11th, 2007, 02:25
I have stayed here many years and always booked a double therefore two breakfasts paid for. Never had a problem with bringing anyone back, (i, 2 or 3). Do not book direct with the hotel as it is more expensive, I used asiarooms and it was Bt300 less per night. More than happy with this hotel.

June 11th, 2007, 10:32
Asia Rooms price is currently US$51 ( 1735 baht ) Executive US65 ( 2210 baht ) and the Unico website price is 2200 baht. I wondered if the Asia Rooms standard rate was for a room which has not been redecorated? Cannot access Dragoncastle yesterday or today - I wonder what their charge is?

I see that they are still advertising in Gay magazines so I guess that the no joiner's fee police continues.

I stayed there a few years back and got a very spacious room but the decor was more than tired. The very long corridors get very hot.

The Pinnacle Lumphini does itself great disservice by saying in it's literature that they charge joiners fee and/or require all visitors to register - depends on which piece of bumph you read. They don't - the night staff studiously ignore or 'do not see' when you arrive with a young man. Maybe the owner thinks it's happening?

Mr Jimmy has been quite nice lately and it only took 30 minutes to pay my room bill to him last time - this was happily passed giggling with the other customers in line. The DeLuxe rooms at 1170 baht are very good value - I don't usually bother with the breakfast - the cornflakes used to be quite good but are now soggy. The staff have improved a lot and are very pleasant as they pour out that bitter dark brown liquid they call coffee.

If you want a taxi to Pattaya then Mr Dong Ky ( yes it's pronounced donkey ) is not only very polite and handsome but drives a comfortable Volvo carefully and charges from 1400 baht. He can be booked at the tour desk in the lobby.

June 11th, 2007, 12:25
"Cannot access Dragoncastle yesterday or today - I wonder what their charge is?"

They charge 1900 baht as written above ;-), also in November

"Pinnacle.....or require all visitors to register"
When I tried to book a doubble room online, I could not continue before writing a second name