PDA

View Full Version : Health checks and blood tests in Pattaya,Public Hosp?

francois
June 11th, 2007, 06:47
If it were I, I would, without question, go to Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital especially for a somewhat invasive test as a colonoscopy. It would seem best to get all tests done at the same time and place at the B-P Hospital.

June 11th, 2007, 07:59
B-P Hospital is now getting very, very expensive. I will try International next time I need something done.
The only good price at BP is the doctors consultation fee. Everything else, especially meds are overpriced for sure.

June 11th, 2007, 16:32
Don't worry about getting a colonoscopy in Thailand. It isn't brain surgery, after all. On second thought, in your case it may be the equivalent...

Aunty
June 11th, 2007, 19:40
Everyone should have a Colonoscopy,bowel cancer can be a silent killer,i have no symptoms but all of you should have one every 5 years,and they find polyps they can remove them before they turn cancerous.
If they can get Cancer early you have a better survival rate.

True, but only after the age of 50, or earlier if you have a family history of colorectal or other cancers. Most people by the time they are 50 will have 1-5 polyps! White men seem more prone to bowel cancer. No one knows why. Wouldn't it be cheaper to pay the $500 and have it done in OZ Billy than having to pay the full cost in Pattaya?

Aunty
June 11th, 2007, 19:52
Hey William, have you also thought about the possibility of obesity surgery in Thailand? Do they do that there? It's probably a lot cheaper there than in Oz. If you had a lap-band put in that might help you with your weight!

Now if Kevin combined pre and post-operative obesity surgery care, education, post-operative diet management and relearning how to eat, with his weight loss health spa he might be on to a real winner!