PDA

View Full Version : special airfares Australia/Phuket jan website purchase only

lonelywombat
December 30th, 2005, 10:42
Qantas through their 100% owned discount Australian Airlines, are offering Phuket between Jan7 to Jan30 return,

website purchase only, Ex Sydney $899, Ex Melbourne $979. special rates all capitals.

Day light flights both ways.

By comparison, no special rate to Bangkok is available until 30 Jan, but they are quoting $1477

for a normal Internet booking for Jan.

There has been no publicity for the new service

December 30th, 2005, 11:39
The thing is Wombat,is that you then have to add the hefty Departures tax on top of that.Yes after paying GST,Income tax,bank tax and every other tax this Liberal Govt run by Johnny "I love Georgie Bush" HOWARD
taxes aussies a departure tax of over $220 so add that to the $899.
His goal if we dont vote him out in 2007 is to make this country same as America,only the other day on the TV he was calling petrol ,using the American term of gas.Unbelievable and you blokes vote for him,I preferred Paul Keating anyday. I can see you will all be working for tips like they do in America and begging in the streets like they do there if you keep voting for Johnny "Stuff the workers " Howard.
Sory Wombat,I hijacked your thread,its just when i get started about this John Howard it makes me angry.You probaly wished you never said anything about the Airline now. But yes you have to add tax to it.About 220 .

December 31st, 2005, 02:45
I bought one on these flights from Melbourne - Sydney - Phuket return. In all I paid $979 and that was INCLUDING all taxes and I bought it through a travel agent. I leave January 14 and return January 21. I thought this was an absolute bargain. I frequently have to travel Melbourne - Sydney for business and during peak times pay up to $700 return. The flight to Phuket is a day flight (arriving 17.00) but return it is a night flight (returning 07.30).

I've flown Australian Airlines before (offloaded from BA Singapore - Melbourne when they had their catering strike). I found them to be OK and the service was superior to QANTAS/BA Economy. The only quirk in the service is when they serve drinks (which are free). They pour the drink from a large bottle (wine or spirits) and give you the glass rather than miniatures. I can put up with that...

Accomodation on the other hand was not that easy to come by in Phuket and wasn't cheap. We wanted a resort in Patong and ended up booking The Holiday Inn. Anyone stayed there?

December 31st, 2005, 07:03
Well is cheaper because your going to Phuket,I suppose if you prefer phuket over Pattaya then its ok.6 nights /7 days aint too bad for a short break.