PDA

View Full Version : Is this bloody true or what mate?

June 9th, 2007, 10:15
Most of you must accept, times are a changing and you do not get anywhere near the service, friendship, personal attention that you used to get a few years ago, and for less money

TRUE OR FALSE?

ABSOLUTELY FALSE

Of course, I believe it to be true wx40afp, I wrote it!

It would be slightly fairer to review it in the context it was written, but I stand by it anyway

elephantspike
June 9th, 2007, 10:26
WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?

June 9th, 2007, 10:30
WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?

Spike,

That is wx40afp's way of drawing attention to the fact that he is being serious in his post!

June 9th, 2007, 10:46
Oh where to find reasonably priced good quality Marmalade in Thailand? I just ran out of a stock of Elsenham's Dark - yummy at only 180 baht a pot. I used to favour Hero Orange Bitter but it seems to have gone very solid recently. Tiptree do not export their better ones - why not their wonderful Tawny?. Marks and Spencers is priced crazy. Cottees Australian stuff is not that high quality in terms of purity or fruit per 100 gm but it tastes good and their Mandarin one is delicious if a little sweet. The search goes on FOR ORANGE MARMALADE

June 9th, 2007, 10:46
The gourmet market at Paragon?

June 9th, 2007, 11:00
The trail was on Burmese workers in slave sweat shops for 72 baht a day.

boygeenyus wrote:
"What's not said is that these places typically provide food and lodging, which makes their compensation package equal to minimum wage. They are not also paying tax on their wages, as a Thai worker would.

Anyway, I think that if anyone bothered to ask the workers, they'd say they were grateful to have the jobs and happy with their compensation.

Of course, that doesn't mean anything to change the self-righteous, sputtering bleeding hearts out there."
QUOTE BG,

Kquill wrote:
I don't think they would say they were happy, I think they'd say they had no choice! There is a vast difference.

A lot of Thais,[ although by no means all,] don't want these jobs, and would certainly prefer to spend an evening dreaming up scams, going to the disco, begging gold and mobiles, eating well, sleeping well and getting 1,500 baht a night for the privilege of, in a lot of cases, a hand job.

Even better if the Foreigner gets pissed, they don't even have to do that and swear blind in the morning, they did!!!

Most of you must accept, times are a changing and you do not get anywhere near the service, friendship, personal attention that you used to get a few years ago, and for less money!

kquill - master topic twister - did NOT mention BAR BOYS / SEX WORKERS - WX40 decided to add that in his first post on this trail. He may well have meant that but from his comment on this trail (kquill) it seems not. What the hell did he mean? Why did he post it on that trail? When was this Golden age of cheap lovely boys? How many gay bars, restaurants, hotels, massage houses, saunas etc were there then? Why did it change? Who made it change? So many questions and so few answers!

June 9th, 2007, 11:04
I'm not happy with my job either. Boo hoo hoo.

Smiles
June 9th, 2007, 11:08
" ... Is this bloody true or what mate? ... "
PM me. We can talk.

Cheers ... :wav:

June 9th, 2007, 12:40
Wowpow,

So, what is the point, you are making???

For clarification purposes!

Who is wrong on this occasion????

It was on topic, was it not, that the Burmese certainly would not be happy and it was "Hobson's Choice", I then only pointed out why a lot of Thais would prefer to do something else, merely pointing out a preferred vocation and why!

That's on topic, I think?

They may take the view of 25 minutes in a sweatshop is better than 12 hours, and better paid. You know, "white collar and underwear workers"

And please Wowpow, let's stay on topic, I don't like marmalade anyway.

Curiousity, Why the new member and the Beta please??

June 9th, 2007, 12:43
Oh where to find reasonably priced good quality Marmalade in Thailand? I just ran out of a stock of Elsenham's Dark - yummy at only 180 baht a pot. I used to favour Hero Orange Bitter but it seems to have gone very solid recently. Tiptree do not export their better ones - why not their wonderful Tawny?. Marks and Spencers is priced crazy. Cottees Australian stuff is not that high quality in terms of purity or fruit per 100 gm but it tastes good and their Mandarin one is delicious if a little sweet. The search goes on FOR ORANGE MARMALADE

Wowpow,

That is a little bit of a Queenie post, don't you think???

Go and have a cup of tea and read a book for a while, and gather yourself.

June 9th, 2007, 14:06
To Quill: Is there nothing to do up in Esarn but flood this board with your remarks?
To WowPow: Keep on that search for the Holy Grail (jam). At least you have a life.
Now, if I sound stern, its because I am.

Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my shortcomings, they become less important, less miserable than the shortcomings I see in others.

elephantspike
June 9th, 2007, 14:14

Wait a minute, now I'm really confused. There was a topic in this thread? :shaking2:

June 9th, 2007, 14:25
To Quill: Is there nothing to do up in Esarn but flood this board with your remarks?
To WowPow: Keep on that search for the Holy Grail (jam). At least you have a life.
Now, if I sound stern, its because I am.

Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my shortcomings, they become less important, less miserable than the shortcomings I see in others.

Referring to someone by their surname does neither make you superior nor draw any more attention to your post.

Regards shortcomings, that's the way of the World, we can all see others faults a lot clearer than our own,

This is an open forum, I believe , or are you the new moderator???

And No, as it happens, I haven't got anything better to do in Isaarn at this moment, and of course I have a life, Don't you????

I used to have teachers who spoke to us similar to yourself, I didn't listen to their huffing and puffing much either.

June 9th, 2007, 14:32

Wait a minute, now I'm really confused. There was a topic in this thread? :shaking2:

Spike,

Probably right, should be called "Bored and having a whinge topic". It's too warm, I'm off for a long walk and give myself something to do.

June 9th, 2007, 16:25
"How did the trail get twisted into the quality of service that we receive and making sure that you get the sexual services for which you agreed to pay? Jai Dee or not?" wowpow - since deleted

wd40 replied
How? I changed it,because I can,thats why,because I can.

Elephantspike

wowpow
I changed it,because I can,thats why,because I can. I thought a taste of his own silliness might make wd40 reflect. Now I feel silly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

kquill - Was your post about prostitutes? I don't see any mention but wd40 does - strange!

I have been tweaking my Safari browser and now cannot log on as wowpow, so I revived wowpow-beta. I have since found that if I use Firefox browser I can log in. Weird also.

While we are on preserves, I cannot speak highly enough of Bonne Maman which are reasonable priced, soft set and delicious. Their cherry jam is superb and I prefer it to Hero's famed Black Cherry jam. Sorry if this is weakening your diet.

Now let us put this all behind us, ignore the suffering Burmese and get to worrying about Paris Hilton and how will she react to the room service in her US jail where I hear "you must accept, times are a changing and you do not get anywhere near the service, friendship, personal attention that you used to get a few years ago, and for less money!"

---------------------------------------------------------

http://fanclub.wd40.com/login.cfm

June 9th, 2007, 17:35
Wowpow,

They have let her out after three days,[Paris Hilton] due to health reasons!

She has to wear an electronic tag though, I hope the tags stand up to Steam and Sauna rooms in her Dad's Hotels.

Oh, and she mustn't go out after curfew, until her already, "cut short" sentence, is completed.

That's a bastard, her pals will just have to go over to her small Pad then, eh?

For sure, Times have changed, Prison isn't what it used to be!!!

June 9th, 2007, 18:09
They have let her out after three days,[Paris Hilton] due to health reasons!

And then they put her back in for legal reasons - she had to be dragged away kicking and screaming for her mother

(or was she just doing an Angels with Dirty Faces act as an example to other wayward rich brats?)

Was it true that the health reason was a certain rash? Perhaps the jail does not have 500 count Egyptian cotton bed sheets