PDA

View Full Version : yes, I'm really gay ... you can ask my daughter

Jetsam
June 8th, 2007, 22:57
I know a lot of gay friends over here, that once were married and some even have children, I know on this board some members are in that same situation. I'm really curious to know how this is possible , was it just a cover up to act st8 or are some guys really thinking they are st8 and only find out later that they like their wife's brother more.
As a real gay guy, (very st8 acting, most people are surprised when they find out I'm gay)
For me I think it's kind of impossible to become a parent, because you have to do ahum... some things with a woman http://images.fok.nl/s/pukey.gif

June 9th, 2007, 00:07
I think for many it was simply the fact that it was a different time. The fifties and sixties (and even seventies) were like a different planet.

Jetsam
June 9th, 2007, 00:19
I think for many it was simply the fact that it was a different time. The fifties and sixties (and even seventies) were like a different planet.

yes , that very well may be true , but I still wonder how it's possible that a 100% gay man can be so brave (capable is maybe a better word) to actually well... make a woman pregnant. oh well... maybe bisexuals do really exist after all :clown:

June 9th, 2007, 00:35

yes , that very well may be true , but I still wonder how it's possible that a 100% gay man can be so brave (capable is maybe a better word) to actually well... make a woman pregnant. oh well... maybe bisexuals do really exist after all :clown:

I don't know if I'd call them brave. It would have been braver for them to face the truth at the time and not do what society wanted them to do. But, as said, it was a different time.

June 9th, 2007, 10:08

I don't know if I'd call them brave. It would have been braver for them to face the truth at the time and not do what society wanted them to do. But, as said, it was a different time.

BG,

I actually convinced myself, I don't really mind who believes me or not, that it was a phase I was going through

I now have two sons, 21 years and 17 years old, who are well aware of my situation, They met and got to know Tam, a long time ago, and sarcastically/jokingly refer to him as their "stepmum".

They laugh at people who have attempted to ridicule us, and can usually overcome adversaries with a very sharp wit [ They are both well educated and can stand their corner with anyone in a verbal debate ]

They have also known Tam a long time [12 years] and think the World of him.

It got to the stage, where living a lie did not suit me and was not fair to her.

We parted amicably, I held up and paid financial support, which my sons still want now, only they prefer the direct route, [ I give it to them! ]

Aaron runs an office at an engineering company and Sean is staying on, has high grades, wants to go to University and wishes at the moment, to pursue a career in Physical Education as a P.E. Teacher.

Maybe, it is one of the few pieces of luck I have had, to never have had a problem with this area of life!

catawampuscat
June 9th, 2007, 13:01
Thanks for being so honest and upfront about your life. Believe it or not, there are still gay men in
Pattaya who lead closeted lives and still deny who and what they are. GAY!

Some worry that their children will not accept them and some worry about what certain straight friends
or family members will think, but kevin has the right attitude and I applaud him.
If someone rejects you for being queer then they are not worth your time and you are better off without
them in your life. Of course, if it is a family member, it is trickier but the closet is an awful place to spend
your life. :cat:

lonelywombat
June 10th, 2007, 19:51
Kquill you married in the eighties and even then things were easier than they were in the sixties and seventies

Men in their late twenties or early thirties then, were ostracized for being single, promotion for unmarried men

was impossible, gay rights had never been heard of and poofter bashing was an honourable sport.

Boygeenyus admitted in the last few weeks to be midthirties, born around 1972,so how would he know?

For those under 50 you cannot understand what it was like to live in a closeted situation, the shame it bought on

a family to have an unmarried son, the pressure to reproduce.

Even today in many parts of the world there are millions of gay men in the same situation.

Have you not read of the death sentences for gay men, the stoning to death of gay lovers.

Get a life. Pattaya is not representative of the rest of the world. And never will be.

June 10th, 2007, 21:52
Boygeenyus admitted in the last few weeks to be midthirties, born around 1972,so how would he know?

Not sure where you got that. I was born in the mid '60s.

catawampuscat
June 11th, 2007, 00:56
The problem with opening up with true facts about your personal life is that some one will try to tell
you how you should have lived your life or what you should have done.
I am sure kevin has no regrets about his life decisions and his children and is a man worth admiring,
telling us the facts of his life, without apology.
Unfortunately, there are always those who anonymously play the know-it-all role and shock us with the
fact that the whole world is not the same as Pattaya. what a revelation!

Hopefully kevin will ignore the foolish ones who speak for their generation but certainly not for me.
Many of us came out to friends and family in the 1950s, 60s and 70s and survived. True friends stood by
and supported you and family worth knowing accepted you if they loved you,,unless they were in some
cult like the Church.

It takes big balls to tell someone that his decisions made in the 90's were less difficult than
in the previous decades.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste.. :cat: