PDA

View Full Version : Thai pedophile arrested - preyed on 200 kids

June 8th, 2007, 00:40
'Infected' man preyed on 200 kids for ransom, sex - The Nation

Bangkok police have arrested a 25-year-old man who they say posed as a school inspector to kidnap or abuse about 200 students over the past three years.

Surapong Trakulrak was arrested at the Big C Supercen-tre at Ramkhamhaeng on Wednesday night after the father of his latest victim, a 13-year-old boy who had been missing since Sunday, received a phone call on Tuesday demanding a Bt50,000 ransom and alerted the police.

Surapong was charged with luring a minor and extortion and presented at a police press conference yesterday.

Surapong told reporters he was a Mathayom 3 graduate who came to Bangkok to find a job but ended up as a homeless person. He said he was a homosexual and worked as a male prostitute until he contracted a sexually-transmitted disease.

He said he started his kidnapping and extortion spree in 2004 after overhearing a group of students at a shopping mall warning each other about student inspectors - students who volunteer to inform on any inappropriate behaviour by them, such as truancy.

Surapong admitted molesting some of his victims and forcing them to perform oral sex on him in exchange for letting them go.

Metropolitan Police chief Lt-General Adisorn Nonsee said Surapong had confessed to kidnapping about 200 students before he was finally arrested on Wednesday.

"The suspect's actions are a threat to society and he must face serious punishment," he said.

Adisorn said parents and youths should be aware of the danger of people posing as student inspectors to extort money or sexual favours from students.

He said police would investigate whether Surapong had accomplices and urged parents of children he had kidnapped to file complaints at Lat Phrao police station."

The Nation

I don't remember a Thai person being arrested and getting newspaper coverage before this?

June 8th, 2007, 00:44
I don't remember a Thai person being arrested and getting newspaper coverage before this?

You have an awfully short memory, twinkle toes. I pointed out a similar report just a few weeks ago.

June 8th, 2007, 18:23

You have an awfully short memory, twinkle toes. I pointed out a similar report just a few weeks ago.

You know,

Isn't it amazing that he has molested 200 boys in the last three years and the first time it comes to light, is when a ransom is demanded!! [ 50,000 baht, and the boy at 13 years old, had not been home since the Sunday! ]

I am stunned! Are they saying that the other 199 parents have done nothing???

I can't believe every single boy was too embarassed to have said nothing to their parents??

His Father alerted Police on Tuesday after the kidnapper had contacted asking for the money, That is two full days and nights in a developed city such as Bangkok