PDA

View Full Version : The dark side of Paradise

June 7th, 2007, 23:51
Unsubstantiated but probably so:

Swiss financier leaps from Pattaya Tower. This guy was very jolly and frequented the gay beach and played backgammon with the boys _ "I try to stop them cheating too much he once told me". I gather that he played the stock exchanges a lot and that recently he had become very withdrawn.

Hugh Miller* our well known restauranteur at Symphony was attacked by several youths who tried to rob him. He refused and was severely beaten and had to have numerous stitches. If so then Get well soon Hugh

* Thanks kquill - brain out of gear. Apologies to the effervescent Hugh Springer.

June 8th, 2007, 01:07

Swiss financier leaps from Pattaya Tower. This guy was very jolly and frequented the gay beach and played backgammon with the boys _ "I try to stop them cheating too much he once told me". I gather that he played the stock exchanges a lot and that recently he had become very withdrawn.

Hugh Springer our well known restauranteur at Symphony was attacked by several youths who tried to rob him. He refused and was severely beaten and had to have numerous stitches. If so then Get well soon Hugh>

Wowpow,

Purely for accuracy, I think you mean Hugh Miller??

Hugh Spring is Australian and does not have a restaurant, Hugh Miller is Scottish and does.

I'll call him, he's a friend of mine.

Also, you never answered my request regards the boy in your picture and the boy circled???

Jetsam
June 8th, 2007, 01:12

Hugh Springer our well known restauranteur at Symphony was attacked by several youths who tried to rob him. He refused and was severely beaten and had to have numerous stitches. If so then Get well soon Hugh>

Also, you never answered my request regards the boy in your picture and the boy circled???

I don't think an answer to that is to cut and paste from an article in the Nation , so give it some time and eventually an answer on your question will follow.

June 8th, 2007, 01:21
Jetsam,

You sure that picture to what I refer appeared in the Nation??/

Jetsam
June 8th, 2007, 01:29
Jetsam,

You sure that picture to what I refer appeared in the Nation??/

If the post you refered to was made my Wowpow, yes :clown:

no , just kidding , we know now that Wowpow is a sensitive person and I can say that I really love how he take the time and trouble to keep us all informed in all things Thai and not Thai related.

edit : I now know what post you refered too and I was even involved in that thread :cyclopsani: and wowpow has aswered you there now.

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 71-30.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/boys-bangkok-10th-birthday-party-t11871-30.html)

btw, aren't we off topic?

June 8th, 2007, 02:21
We know now that Wowpow is a sensitive person and I can say that I really love how he take the time and trouble to keep us all informed in all things Thai and not Thai related.

Jetsam, You have surprised me. Since when did you become a brown nose? http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Sofa.gif

Choc Dee Jetsam. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

G.

June 9th, 2007, 17:55
Wowpow,

I have spoken to Hugh today.

Apparently, it occurred about three weeks ago outside one of the bars that serves after hours in Sunnee Plaza.

He said, He came out of the bar, it was very very dark, as it was well after hours, [which it is dark around there late,street lighting being nearly non existant] and was attacked by six or seven youths requiring 26 stitches to just below his eye and punched and kicked black and blue with blows to the face and body.

He says it has taken until very recently for the pain to subside.

Dark places and streets/corners are very dangerous late at night anywhere in Pattaya.

I am off to see him next week and he says he is over the worst of it now. Wrong place, wrong time.

June 9th, 2007, 18:46
Sunee Plaza, where the action never stops!