PDA

View Full Version : Rumour of the week - Hollywood Disco sold ?

February 8th, 2006, 15:09
Pattaya's Hollywood Disco sold and to be developed as two low rise condo blocks. Residents of one side of Center Condo will be cheering - except the deaf ones.

The original rumour of the week and the best EST 2006

February 8th, 2006, 15:18
DELETED

catawampuscat
February 8th, 2006, 17:02
There never is enough parking space and they dismantled a structure which I believe was for motorbike parking..
I thought Tukcom would make a good place for condos but they have a ghost problem..

Without Hollywood, the site should be attractive as it is very convienent especially for gay residents to Sunee, Boyztown and Day Nite.... Should help values at Center Condo as well as the noise is a big negative for many potential buyers/renters...Hope it is all true...

February 8th, 2006, 17:06
There will be no benefit to CenterCondo. The noise from the new construction will be worse than any noise made by Hollywood. At least for about a year and a half of construction. Plus, those new buildings will look much better in the eyes of Centercondo renters than that aging building.

Just hope Hollywood does not relocate next to YOU.

February 8th, 2006, 18:01
The building noise will be during the day not the night and will be temporary.

February 8th, 2006, 21:47
Noise is noise, day or night.

February 9th, 2006, 00:57
I went into Hollywood with my boyfriend and some of his friends from work on my last visit in January. I have to say that I hated every minute of it! On arrival we walked into a punchup between a very drunk and belligerent young Russian man and an older American. The American man left quickly, and we were left with the Russian and his group staring at us the whole time we were there, clearly not happy with having a group of gay men next to them.

The place seemed much more heavily hetero than Xzyte, which is a place we have been to several times and I always feel much more comfortable. There are many more gay people visible there and I have good memories of the place.

So I am not sorry to hear that Hollywood is going!!

Smiles
February 9th, 2006, 01:25
Just for my information ... where is Xzyte located?

Cheers ...

February 9th, 2006, 03:43
Xyzte is on Third road, about halfway between South Rd & Central Rd.

I prefer Hollywood and shall miss it if it goes

February 9th, 2006, 04:13
On the web.

http://www.kolumbus.fi/ghost/x-zyte.htm

For me it was the best disco i have seen in Pattaya, but long ago, 7 years. Next Monday i will be back in the x-zyte and i will writing in this treat it still is what it was before, good show and music and i never forget the service's in the toilets ha ha ha

x-zyde
3 Rd. road
pattaya

Go there Smiles and smile !

colmx
February 9th, 2006, 04:57
HI Tricky Rich
The population of hollywood these days i would estimate to be at least 65-70% gay.... CAn't imagine how you could possibly have missed out on all the gay boys!

Unless they were all missing on the night you went!

We spent around 10 night there on my last trip and i would guess there are more gay boys there than there are in Sunnee and Pattayaland put together!

I will sorely miss it!
As for my Bf... don't know what he will do if it closes, He gets 15-20% discount there on a check bin... Thats why he Always gets invited when his friends are going!

Poor Old X-zyte, its popularity has waned in recent years due to the Decibel controls... its such a big cavernous place that it needs Mega Watts to make the music sound good... So instead in now sounds like an empty tin pot...

Of course they have their big nights when Loso etc come... but most nights its full of middle aged Thai-Chinese couples...

Building:
Thai Builders start at 7 in the morning and that racket can be awfully loud if you are trying to sleep off last nights alcohol!

Dodger
February 9th, 2006, 05:01
It would be very depressing to see that fabulous light display fade away after so many years of providing vibrant entertainment to so many. The Soi Day Night area as a whole will probably suffer in the absence of the largest crowd magnet in the area. I can only hope they plant roots somewhere nearby.

I've always loved Hollywood and prefer it to the larger and more modern Xyzte for some reason. I've never encountered the type of scene that Rich described, as that would be a turn-off to me as well, but I guess that kind of stuff can happen anywhere. Many small businesses in the immediate area would suffer (immediately) as well, especially the liquor stores and local late night food stalls...not to mention the string of Karaoke Clubs in Soi Day Night which rely on the overflow from Hollywood after the lights dim

Putting high rise condos on the turf that once graced the neon artistry of Hollywood, and the center stage of so many of my Boy Adventures, seems almost sacrilegious.

February 9th, 2006, 05:08
larger and more modern Xyzte

I love x-zyde.

Hollywood, i never been there so i can not gives comments. It always sad if business closed.

February 9th, 2006, 09:00
DELETED

February 9th, 2006, 09:02
I'd heard that Elvis and Princess Diana were seen near there recently. I think that's a much more intersting rumour

February 15th, 2006, 14:38
this is all a bunch of bunk. i spoke with a hire-up in hollywood last night and he assured me there is no talk of a sale. could we just for once write something truthful on this godforsaken board?

catawampuscat
February 15th, 2006, 15:00
Of course some rumours are true and some wishful thinking..and sometimes higherups don't tell the truth or or left out of the loop..I love rumour of the week and hope it becomes a regular item...........

Dodger
February 15th, 2006, 16:52
I heard a rumor earlier this week that George Bush finally found those weapons of mass destruction...In Dick Cheneys garage!!!

Jetsam
February 15th, 2006, 17:03
I heard a rumor earlier this week that George Bush finally found those weapons of mass destruction...In Dick Cheneys garage!!!

As long as he don't bother about my weapon of ass destruction , everything is ok with me :cherry:

Smiles
February 15th, 2006, 19:35
this is all a bunch of bunk. i spoke with a hire-up in hollywood last night and he assured me there is no talk of a sale. could we just for once write something truthful on this godforsaken board?
How positively reassuring.
Pronouncements from those "hire-ups" hanging out at in Hollywood are always first consideration when in Thailand.
What ~ by the way ~ are they saying about Hollywood's future ... ( also being bandied about on this godforsaken place )?

Cheers ...

February 16th, 2006, 01:39
There was a time that any attempt to drive through the Hollywood car park was doomed to failure due to the volume of cars parked there. Perhaps it is just me, but over the last few months I have not noticed it being so busy.
Have the high end young and wealthy Thais who used to go there all the time now found somewhere more fashionable.
In Europe, discoes do fade in and out of fashion.

Jetsam
February 16th, 2006, 02:28
The first time I came to Pattaya as a newby, I was talking to a hostbar boy from studio suites and he told me he loves Hollywood and has been there many times, hee I never heard of the Pattaya version at that time, only the American so I thought he was a real bullshitter :clown:
Since then I've been there many times and love it, especially years ago when it was open till early in the morning, when the bars closed at 3 am you went with some bar boys and sometimes the mamasan to Hollywood and then bought a bottle of whiskey and had a wunderfull time. (not recommended for the sex every evening/morning types ) :happy3:
What I really loved was the volume, it is litteraly a wall of sound you walk in hehe. and the good thing about Hollywood is , it's a mostly Asian crowd and few farangs.
these days with the early closing hours you have to plan in advange if you want to spent your evening there or at the bars.
I've been a couple time at xZyte and it has by far not the same atmosphere as Hollywood.

lonelywombat
February 17th, 2006, 09:29

Have tried to work out what a hire up did

I assume he means high(er) up person, say management

When I sold my business, I did not tell staff until the deal was done.

February 17th, 2006, 11:12
I read a recent story about a Government Minister in Thailand. One day he went into his office and everyone avoided him. He asked his secretary what was going on. She said " Oh Sir don't you know that you resigned this morning?" He found out that he had.