PDA

View Full Version : Visa run

June 4th, 2007, 20:38
Hi guys

Went on a visa run yesterday (June 3) to Pong Nam Ron (Ban Laem)
2 changes introduced recently.

1. This border point now requires 2 photos, 1 of which has to be stuck to a photocopy of the main page
of your passport which is kept by Thai immigration when re-entering Thailand

2. Applies only to people re-entering Thailand with a tourist visa.
Before re-entering Thailand you will be asked to buy a bus ticket for 200 baht, before you are allowed to re-enter.
Not that you will go anywhere in Cambodia by bus!!!

Was told by 1st Class Visa Runs that this is only happening at Pong Nam Ron

June 4th, 2007, 21:09
Hi guys

Before re-entering Thailand you will be asked to buy a bus ticket for 200 baht, before you are allowed to re-enter.
Not that you will go anywhere in Cambodia by bus!!!

But very useful to have when the Immigration Officer declines your request for new visa to
re-enter the Kingdom.

June 4th, 2007, 21:10
I guess that's the risk you have to take when you stay somewhere beyond your welcome.

June 4th, 2007, 22:29
... you can only do 90 days stay in a 6 month period no matter how many visa runs you do, am I right.

catawampuscat
June 5th, 2007, 12:09
A Thai boy/man, looking over my shoulder , found your avatar very funny and loved the smoking infant.
Unfortunately, he is a heavy smoker and when I show him the photos of the diseased lungs and wrinkled faces
on the cigarette packets, he just laughs.

I always carry extra photos just in case and they are very cheap in Thailand. Buy at least a dozen, even if you
only need two and carry them with your passport.
The extra 200B. sounds like a new game and probably ends up in someones pocket but it is a small price to pay to
stay...